'14 GT Lazy Throttle Cure w/o Voiding Warranty? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by crjackson2134 View Post
You know, I'd love to do this too, but it's my understanding that even if reflashed to original tune, the dealer can still tell, and it's one of the first things checked for if you have an engine or performance issue.

My local dealer told me right out of the gate "if you install a tune, or ANY drivetrain/suspension/exhaust modifications, we will void all Ford warranties associated with your vehicle".

I really wish there were a list of friendly dealers.

The FRPP tunes do allow you to retain a 3 yr/36,000 mile warranty. But on the down side, they aren't really aggressive tunes, but it still wakes the car up a bunch!

2014 Mustang GT 6-Speed Manual
Major Mods:
ProCharger P-1SC-1 Stage II, MGW Race Spec Shifter, Eibach Sportline Springs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BOSS Member

Garage
The Pedal Max that I posted will wake your car up and will not void the warranty.

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thereaper View Post
The Pedal Max that I posted will wake your car up and will not void the warranty.
Have you personally used one of these? Sounds interesting.

2014 Black GT Premium 401A / Track Pack / Roush Phase 3 SC
2018 Black Nissan 370Z Nismo

BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by crjackson2134 View Post
Have you personally used one of these? Sounds interesting.
Not yet but I will be very soon.
crjackson2134 likes this.

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355
PONY Member

If this works by enhancing the throttle response at tip-in and partial throttle, my concern might be that it sort of "maxes out" the signal at some point so that you get a dead or saturated zone at or near the point where the gas pedal gets down near the floor. Meaning if it gives you full throttle at something like 80% gas pedal depression, then the last 20% of the gas pedal is just sort of pointless now. When using one of these, has anyone noticed a decreased or flat response when you get really deep in the pedal?

2011 Kona Blue GT Premium
GT Member

Been covered a million times, so i dont feel like going into detail but either get a tuner, or reset your ECU by disconnecting the battery to get much better throttle response.

2014 GT 5.0 | Premium | 401A | Roush A/B
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thereaper View Post
Not yet but I will be very soon.
I went to a Dyno/Tuner shop in S.C. today and talked to the tuner. Got to pick his brain all I wanted and ogle all the new super chargers, cams, exhaust systems and various goodies...

Gonna PM you about something he schooled me on.

2014 Black GT Premium 401A / Track Pack / Roush Phase 3 SC
2018 Black Nissan 370Z Nismo
SHELBY GT 350 Member

If you don't have a tune yet, you are missing out. If you get a tuner, you can do the KAM reset instead of disconnecting the battery, If it feels like your throttle response is sluggish or car is slower. Also when you get use to your car/its power...if feels like it's lacking but it's not. Go drive a slow 4 banger for a month, then jump back into your car.

2014 Mustang GT, A6, Grabber Blue
Apprentice

Regarding PedalMax or SprintBooster, I was set on spending the $300 to try it out, but I came across this cheap substitute to improve the throttle sensitivity. The guy who came up with the mod equated the throttle lag with our acceleration pedal having some dead space. It's like when you flick a light switch, there's a fractional distance the switch travels before the light turns on/off. I did this ghetto mod myself yesterday and tried out different thicknesses of the tape (you'll know when you've put too much!), and my throttle response does feel a bit more responsive (the improvement is enough for me to spend the $300 I set aside for the SprintBooster on something else). Best of all, if you don't like the mod, you can always just remove the tape (no harm done).

Anyway, check out posts #3, 11, and 41.

Any experience with this? - Forums at Modded Mustangs
PONY Member

Wow, just get a Bama tune and be done with it.

No need for anything else, and there's many tunes to choose from.

2012 GT Premium, Brembo PP, MT82, 3.73s, Blk/Blk. Bama 93R, Koni Yellow Rear Shocks, Hawk Ceramic pads, Luxurious & Plush Floor Mats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page