TPS codes after Aluminator install - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-31-2016 Thread Starter
PONY Member

TPS codes after Aluminator install

Pulled out my stock motor for an Aluminator. Car started right up but threw 2 codes. P0122 and P0223 both for TPS. One is circuit too high and other is circuit too low. Battery in car is trashed and replacing today but looking for ideas before I throw parts at it. Check engine light is on and so is wrench which is causing a dead accelerator pedal.

2011 Race Red 5.0 -6MT 3:73's--Roush RS3 clone. Aluminatored!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-31-2016 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Found the issue. The plug on the stock injector harness was fugged up. Fixed it. No codes now. Woooooooo!

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-31-2016
Apprentice

I thought I was aggressive in working on my own car but swapping the motor these days isn't easy. You have a lift? I see the motor comes out the bottom.

2013 gt premium m6 3.73 with lots of aftermarket bits

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-31-2016 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by replacement View Post
I thought I was aggressive in working on my own car but swapping the motor these days isn't easy. You have a lift? I see the motor comes out the bottom.
Pulled motor and trans together out of the top. Pretty easy. Just a bunch of stuff to take off first. Did it on 4 jackstands.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-31-2016
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceRed50 View Post
Pulled motor and trans together out of the top. Pretty easy. Just a bunch of stuff to take off first. Did it on 4 jackstands.
Nice, I wondered why one could not remove it old school out the top. So what made you change the motor out? Did you blow the stock one up or what?

If the day ever comes that I need a new motor, I will do it myself now that I know you can pull it out the top.

Anything interesting about the replacement of the motor? I would think it is pretty much plug it in and go. And I hate all the little plugs they have come up with seems they take a different trick to get the buggers loose.

2013 gt premium m6 3.73 with lots of aftermarket bits

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by replacement View Post
Nice, I wondered why one could not remove it old school out the top. So what made you change the motor out? Did you blow the stock one up or what?

If the day ever comes that I need a new motor, I will do it myself now that I know you can pull it out the top.

Anything interesting about the replacement of the motor? I would think it is pretty much plug it in and go. And I hate all the little plugs they have come up with seems they take a different trick to get the buggers loose.
Nope, my stock motor was fine. I just wanted to turn up the boost and have better peace of mind with a forged motor vs stock. I had a good year financially and this one popped up just as I started looking. Replacement was easy. Just stuff to remove to get it ready to pull was the hardest. Pull old out, put new in and plug things back in.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page