Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Thereaper

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-12-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Requested modification for Vehicle gauge data

Dear William Lambiaso,

Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company. We appriciate your feedback. We will document this feedback.

In addition to email you may also contact us via:
• Phone-800-392-3673; options 1,3,1,2.
• Live Chat- Click on the login the lifeline section of our SYNC homepage Welcome to Ford Owner | Official Ford Owner Site

Regards,
Crystal
In-Vehicle Technology Team
Ford Motor Company

Ford Confidentiality:
--------------------------------
For security reasons, please do not submit any sensitive personally identifiable information, such as credit card numbers, driver license number, SSN, DOB, etc. Thank you.

------------------- Original Message -------------------
Received: 11/28/2015 5:50 PM
To: Lincoln Email - CRCHELP1
Subject: Feedback Vehicle, Dealer, Ford Motor Company

Questions/Comments:The lack of display information configurations for CUSTOMER DESIRES is not a good sales booster. The information displayed, is geared towards race enthusiasts, not pleasure usage. I would like to have the ability to configure my driving console information, such as digital speed readout, along with miles to refill, and trip mileage. All this information is buried in the Engineering Data screens, but is not configurable to stay on screen once the key is turned off. I don't need race track data, such as fuel ratio data, head temperature, but if someone wants that on their permanent display, they should have the ability to configure those data. This is a simple software fix, across ALL models, and recent model years (with this electronic data). Have your engineers check the Mustang forums for the number of complaints this lack of foresight has produced. Bill Lambiaso, owner 2014 Mustang convertible premium model.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-12-2016
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambiasow View Post
Dear William Lambiaso,

Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company. We appriciate your feedback. We will document this feedback.

In addition to email you may also contact us via:
• Phone-800-392-3673; options 1,3,1,2.
• Live Chat- Click on the login the lifeline section of our SYNC homepage Welcome to Ford Owner | Official Ford Owner Site

Regards,
Crystal
In-Vehicle Technology Team
Ford Motor Company

Ford Confidentiality:
--------------------------------
For security reasons, please do not submit any sensitive personally identifiable information, such as credit card numbers, driver license number, SSN, DOB, etc. Thank you.

------------------- Original Message -------------------
Received: 11/28/2015 5:50 PM
To: Lincoln Email - CRCHELP1
Subject: Feedback Vehicle, Dealer, Ford Motor Company

Questions/Comments:The lack of display information configurations for CUSTOMER DESIRES is not a good sales booster. The information displayed, is geared towards race enthusiasts, not pleasure usage. I would like to have the ability to configure my driving console information, such as digital speed readout, along with miles to refill, and trip mileage. All this information is buried in the Engineering Data screens, but is not configurable to stay on screen once the key is turned off. I don't need race track data, such as fuel ratio data, head temperature, but if someone wants that on their permanent display, they should have the ability to configure those data. This is a simple software fix, across ALL models, and recent model years (with this electronic data). Have your engineers check the Mustang forums for the number of complaints this lack of foresight has produced. Bill Lambiaso, owner 2014 Mustang convertible premium model.
Is digital speed readout, along with miles to refill, and trip mileage not in the options somewhere? I rented a 2015 a couple months ago while on vacation and I am 99% sure it had all that plus the "track" data. I am not sure on the 2013-2014, but thought they were the same. Shoot if it doesn't I am surprised as my 2006 has all that minus digital speed read out...

Current Garage
(11.)2012 GT500 silver with red stripe, SVT performance package, and Recaro seats.
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Past Mustangs in order and color of text.
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9)2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT
(I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-13-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
We do have the ability to view certain fields on the display as you toggle thru the options, but we do not have the ability to set what comes up on the display, and will stay there, when you first turn on the ignition.

For example, I would like to set digital speed (available in the engineering data about 10 clicks into the menu), engine temp., battery charge, and MPG. All is available, but no capability to set as favorite configuration.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-13-2016
BOSS Member

Garage
Maybe you need a Honda. I would suggest a Lincoln, they have most of the options you are looking for.
RWSRWS likes this.

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-13-2016
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thereaper View Post
Maybe you need a Honda. I would suggest a Lincoln, they have most of the options you are looking for.
=======================================

L M A O

oh no...........................................

laughed so hard it hurts !

RWSRWS

2013 GT Premium Coupe - white (auto) 3-M Crystalline,factory 19”wheels, black rocker stripe/heat extractors, redline leather armrests & console Silverhorse qtr windows Polk & Infinity speakers,DYNAMAT EXTREMEGT500 A-backs
1963 Studebaker Avanti R2 Fctry Supercharged still own
1938 Studebaker President still own
1969 Mustang Coupe, 302 Blue (sold 1978)
1966 Aurora Thunderjet 2+2 Fastback - yellow w/red stripes (owned since age 9)
1968 HOT WHEELS Redline Mustang 2+2 Gold-owned since age 11
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in