Power Stop 23 Evolution Sport Brake Kit - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Power Stop 23 Evolution Sport Brake Kit

Power Stop Z23 Evolution Sport Brake Rotor & Pad Kit - Front & Rear (11-14 GT Brembo)

Power Stop Mustang Brake Rotor & Pad Kit - Front & Rear K4148 (11-14 GT Brembo) - Free Shipping

Looking for those that have installed these rotors and pads, get some feed-back. These are so much cheaper than OEM parts, but are they quality? Do work at least as well as the OEM pads and rotors?

Thanks for your input.

2012 GT Premium, Brembo PP, MT82, 3.73s, Blk/Blk. Bama 93R, Koni Yellow Rear Shocks, Hawk Ceramic pads, Luxurious & Plush Floor Mats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016
PONY Member

I didn't have the brembo version, but the regular GT brakes version and I didn't care for them. I mean the drilled and slotted rotors look cool, but I felt they did not have as much stopping power as the OEM rotors and pads. They also squealed really bad. Took them off after only 1k miles or so. I upgraded to stoptech slotted rotors with hawk HPS pads am happy with the results. Although I will be installing the 4 piston brembo's soon as I am supercharged and want the look and feel of the brembo brakes.

2014 Mustang GT 6R80, Procharger Stage 2 D1SC, BBK 85mm TB, Boss IM, Sai Li fuel system. Circle D 3C, 1-7/8" Kooks Long Tubes w/Offroad X Pipe, Lethal Over-Axle Pipes, Corsa Quad Axle-Back, Eibach Pro System Plus, BMR K member, Shaftmasters DS, Forgestar CF-5 Wheels and Nitto NT05 tires. Lund Tuned

Lots of suspension goodies and some other stuff I can't remember.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuelforFire87 View Post
I didn't have the brembo version, but the regular GT brakes version and I didn't care for them. I mean the drilled and slotted rotors look cool, but I felt they did not have as much stopping power as the OEM rotors and pads. They also squealed really bad. Took them off after only 1k miles or so. I upgraded to stoptech slotted rotors with hawk HPS pads am happy with the results. Although I will be installing the 4 piston brembo's soon as I am supercharged and want the look and feel of the brembo brakes.

My guess, from having used ceramic pads in the past and having them (Hawk ceramic pads) on the car now, is that they don't have the initial bite that organic pads have, and that's what you felt. Along with the squeal that ceramic pads produce. I had to remove my Hawk ceramic pads, apply a serious amount of an anti-squeal product, and re-install them to get them quiet.

I'm thinking your solution of the Stop Tech rotors and the Hawk pads is the type of solution I'm looking for too. I like the good bite of non-ceramic pads.

2012 GT Premium, Brembo PP, MT82, 3.73s, Blk/Blk. Bama 93R, Koni Yellow Rear Shocks, Hawk Ceramic pads, Luxurious & Plush Floor Mats

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016
Rookie

Take it for what its worth, but I love my z23 Powerstop ceramic pads with drilled and slotted rotors the only time they have ever made noise is when the car has been setting for some time and then it goes away after the first time applying the brakes. My car is a daily unless the weather is bad. As a disclaimer, Im only running these on the rear for now.

2009 45th Anniversary GT
Vapor Silver, 5 speed manual
Airaid Race CAI, SCT x4 BAMA tunes, 24lb F.R. injectors, Flowmaster 40 series
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in