2013 Boss with a few issues. (Newly purchased) Would love help!! - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree3Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member
 
NoVa5.0's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2014
Location: Arlington
Posts: 704
 
Red Line MTL in the transmission will help too.


2012 GT Premium, Brembo PP, MT82, 3.73s, Blk/Blk. Bama 93R, Koni Yellow Rear Shocks, Hawk Ceramic pads, Luxurious & Plush Floor Mats
NoVa5.0 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-18-2016 Thread Starter
Moderator
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member
 
MustangLife's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2015
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,597
             
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Grimaldi View Post
Also, this might be of interest to you:
http://www.boss302.com/smf/index.php?topic=63760.0

Pete
The thread that you linked is more addressing just the shifting issue. I believe my issues with shifting stems with my issue of the clutch not returning and clutch hanging issues. Maybe hydraulic? Idk the dealership I took it to says all they can do is replace the clutch as they can find that is what Ford says and hope for the best with no promises. Not really what I am wanting to hear.


Current Garage
(11.)2012 GT500 silver with red stripe, SVT performance package, and Recaro seats.
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Past Mustangs in order and color of text.
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9)2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT
(I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)
MustangLife is offline  
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member
 
crjackson2134's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2015
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 1,225
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangLife View Post
The thread that you linked is more addressing just the shifting issue. I believe my issues with shifting stems with my issue of the clutch not returning and clutch hanging issues. Maybe hydraulic? Idk the dealership I took it to says all they can do is replace the clutch as they can find that is what Ford says and hope for the best with no promises. Not really what I am wanting to hear.
Well it's a new clutch on F's dime, so you should do that. It will preserve your warranty, likely fix your clutch complaint (duration not withstanding), and give you time to ponder it's future. Either way, I'd make Ford give me the new clutch.


2014 Black GT Premium 401A / Track Pack / Roush Phase 3 SC
2018 Black Nissan 370Z Nismo
crjackson2134 is offline  
 
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-18-2016 Thread Starter
Moderator
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member
 
MustangLife's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2015
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,597
             
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by crjackson2134 View Post
Well it's a new clutch on F's dime, so you should do that. It will preserve your warranty, likely fix your clutch complaint (duration not withstanding), and give you time to ponder it's future. Either way, I'd make Ford give me the new clutch.
Yeah buying a used car in NC is a little bad when it comes to having issues as the selling dearer can and in this case has said they wash their hands and all sales are final... Not sure if I have any rights or options, but have a call in to a local referred attorney to see later this afternoon...

As far as what it is looking like. Yes it seems I am going to get the warranty process started and in theory Ford has to keep making it right until it is in fact right. So in theory I may have a horror story on my hands like some I have read on here where the car spends more time in the shop than in my garage...

I wish our Ford rep was still around to help guide me through the process and make it easier.

On another note @crjackson2134 where do you get your service done? Is the dealership you use performance oriented, friendly, and great to work with? If I recall you didn't have a pleasant experience with a (omitted) dealer name where you purchased. Did you end up working it out or do you go somewhere different now and care to recommend?

Current Garage
(11.)2012 GT500 silver with red stripe, SVT performance package, and Recaro seats.
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Past Mustangs in order and color of text.
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9)2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT
(I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)
MustangLife is offline  
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member
 
Pete Grimaldi's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Western MA
Posts: 1,171
           
Garage
Here is a link to the Boss 302 forum on the SVTPerformance site. I think that these guys have been experiencing the same things. There are more Boss 302 owners at this site.
Any consensus on Boss trans/clutch/shifter issues at this point?

Pete

2014 Shelby GT500:Delivered 4/3/13, Black/Black stripes/Black interior, SVT Track Package, SVT Performance Package, JLT Oil Seperator, FRPP Resonator Delete, Syntha Max blue air filter, Revan Racing shifter bushing, Michelin PSS tires, Lloyd GT500 mats, and yes the stock Shelby seats.
Pete Grimaldi is offline  
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member
 
crjackson2134's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2015
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 1,225
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangLife View Post
Yeah buying a used car in NC is a little bad when it comes to having issues as the selling dearer can and in this case has said they wash their hands and all sales are final... Not sure if I have any rights or options, but have a call in to a local referred attorney to see later this afternoon...

As far as what it is looking like. Yes it seems I am going to get the warranty process started and in theory Ford has to keep making it right until it is in fact right. So in theory I may have a horror story on my hands like some I have read on here where the car spends more time in the shop than in my garage...

I wish our Ford rep was still around to help guide me through the process and make it easier.

On another note @crjackson2134 where do you get your service done? Is the dealership you use performance oriented, friendly, and great to work with? If I recall you didn't have a pleasant experience with a (omitted) dealer name where you purchased. Did you end up working it out or do you go somewhere different now and care to recommend?
All of my complaints were addressesd by the dealer(s). I purchased from an MO dealer and had mine shipped here.

I'll pm you some information.

EDIT: PM sent, give me a call...


2014 Black GT Premium 401A / Track Pack / Roush Phase 3 SC
2018 Black Nissan 370Z Nismo
crjackson2134 is offline  
PONY Member
 
replacement's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2015
Location: NE ohio
Posts: 251
 
When I buy a used car I Really don't concern myself much with warranty coverage. I consider used perfomance vehicles both two and 4 wheel to be a little bit of a gamble.

Maybe have the dealer put in the new clutch and sell the car and move on. Or have a shop put in an aftermarket clutch and welcome to the family. How much coverage is left on a 2013? I think my 2013 is out or nearly out of coverage. Are you able to do the clutch yourself?

2013 gt premium m6 3.73 with lots of aftermarket bits


replacement is offline  
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-18-2016 Thread Starter
Moderator
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member
 
MustangLife's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2015
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,597
             
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by crjackson2134 View Post
All of my complaints were addressesd by the dealer(s). I purchased from an MO dealer and had mine shipped here.

I'll pm you some information.

EDIT: PM sent, give me a call...
I thought you purchased one in Charlotte and one in MO. I may have it mixed up. I will read PM and also if you provided phone number I will call you tomorrow if that works. Thanks in advance for the offer to talk.

Current Garage
(11.)2012 GT500 silver with red stripe, SVT performance package, and Recaro seats.
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Past Mustangs in order and color of text.
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9)2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT
(I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)
MustangLife is offline  
post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-18-2016 Thread Starter
Moderator
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member
 
MustangLife's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2015
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,597
             
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVa5.0 View Post
Red Line MTL in the transmission will help too.
Just saw this. Thanks and will discuss with dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Grimaldi View Post
Here is a link to the Boss 302 forum on the SVTPerformance site. I think that these guys have been experiencing the same things. There are more Boss 302 owners at this site.
Any consensus on Boss trans/clutch/shifter issues at this point?

Pete
I will take a look there. Thanks Pete!

Quote:
Originally Posted by replacement View Post
When I buy a used car I Really don't concern myself much with warranty coverage. I consider used perfomance vehicles both two and 4 wheel to be a little bit of a gamble.

Maybe have the dealer put in the new clutch and sell the car and move on. Or have a shop put in an aftermarket clutch and welcome to the family. How much coverage is left on a 2013? I think my 2013 is out or nearly out of coverage. Are you able to do the clutch yourself?
For me warranty is everything. I try not to consider even modding until warranty is out or almost out. I have had many Mustangs so I am not new to Mustangs or performance cars.

I hope a dealer can get the car driving like it should and I can enjoy the car stock or close to it for a while.

Warranty expires in March so next month or around 2,000 miles. So 3yr/36K is about out. It still has some time on the drivetrain though. Clutch is not part of drivetrain from what they tell me it is only covered by 3/36K. So barley covered on that one. THANKFULLY!

Current Garage
(11.)2012 GT500 silver with red stripe, SVT performance package, and Recaro seats.
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Past Mustangs in order and color of text.
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9)2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT
(I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)
MustangLife is offline  
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member
 
crjackson2134's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2015
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 1,225
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangLife View Post
I thought you purchased one in Charlotte and one in MO. I may have it mixed up. I will read PM and also if you provided phone number I will call you tomorrow if that works. Thanks in advance for the offer to talk.
I did purchase one in Charlotte but I've had no warranty issues with with that car except paint, and they fixed that quick. The warranty items on the other car were VERY minor (improperly mounted tires, weak seat heater, dim pony lights, missing strut brace). The local dealer didn't want to pay for the selling dealers short comings(tires/brace), and I don't blame them. In the end, the selling dealer had to make good after a call from Daysha.

I did have a problem with a particular service writer but a complaint took care of that. I won't say online what the issue was, but I'll explain when you call. You have my number...

BTW, text me before calling. I'll be at the VA hospital for a while tomorrow morning so I may just have to call you back if they take too long.


2014 Black GT Premium 401A / Track Pack / Roush Phase 3 SC
2018 Black Nissan 370Z Nismo
crjackson2134 is offline  
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-18-2016 Thread Starter
Moderator
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member
 
MustangLife's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2015
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,597
             
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by crjackson2134 View Post
I did purchase one in Charlotte but I've had no issues with with that car. The warranty items on the other car were VERY minor (improperly mounted tires, weak seat heater, dim pony lights, missing strut brace). The local dealer didn't want to pay for the selling dealers short comings, and I don't blame them. In the end, the selling dealer had to make good after a call from Daysha.

I did have a problem with a particular service writer but a complaint took care of that. I won't say online what the issue was, but I'll explain when you call. You have my number...

I will defiantly call you tomorrow probably sometime in the morning if that works? Would call tonight, but late and also trying to wind down a little bit before bed and also relax as I have been really stressed about about this car purchase and the immediate issues I am having. Not to mention the small mom/pop dealer General Manger being a typical you know what used car salesman. I want say names in public as I try not to start drama or bad mouth people even if they have done me wrong and done wrong in general... as what doest that accomplish?

I do love this forum and love how we all come together and help each other! GREAT community!

Current Garage
(11.)2012 GT500 silver with red stripe, SVT performance package, and Recaro seats.
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Past Mustangs in order and color of text.
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9)2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT
(I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)
MustangLife is offline  
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member
 
crjackson2134's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2015
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 1,225
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangLife View Post
I will defiantly call you tomorrow probably sometime in the morning if that works?
Anytime after 10am. Text first in case I can't answer right away.


2014 Black GT Premium 401A / Track Pack / Roush Phase 3 SC
2018 Black Nissan 370Z Nismo
crjackson2134 is offline  
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-02-2016 Thread Starter
Moderator
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member
 
MustangLife's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2015
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,597
             
Garage
So little update. Car headaches are still there, but improving I hope... I was told I would drop my car off and pick it up 1-2 days later. After leaving my car at the local dealer for a week while waiting on parts to arrive I had the clutch replaced (warranty) and at the same time they installed the "Ford Racing High Performance Clutch Fluid Line (05-14 GT)" that is the Stainless Steel line. (At my cost and yes I probably paid more for the name, but both AmericanMuscle phone customer service rep and dealer said it is the better/best option...)

After picking it up I asked if they could show me the old clutch just to see it just for myself and to see if I thought it could have been a bad clutch. Also to of course see what it can tell me about the way they car had been driven by previous owners. They said they couldn't show it to me as they had already boxed up and sent out to Ford somehow in the same day it was removed after waiting a week for the new one to arrive... I am just hoping it was actually replaced. haha I have faith and trust it was as for the most part the service manager and tech seemed like great and also knowledgable people.

So first thoughts are it seems to feel 99% better. Of course until after the 500 mile new clutch break in period I won't know for sure, but so far feels like it corrected the issue.


To sum up old issues:
Issue #1 Clutch heavy when above 4-5K RPM'S and shifting. (Seems fixed)
Issue #2 Clutch sticking when shifting in high RPM's. (Seems fixed, but won't know until after break in when I really try.)
Issue #3 Lockout when shifting in high RPM's and fast. (Won't know until after break in when I really try.)
Issue #4 A odd shhhhhhhhhhh sound coming from rear of car. Sounds like running water and can be heard anytime car is in motion inside the car with winnows up. Also can really be heard when driving in between buildings and car is moving. It stops when car stops. (Still there and hasn't been told to dealer yet. Was hoping they would notice on test drive for other issues.)

New issue:
Issue #5 Is a "new" noticed issue, but sounds like tire whine, but is only really there when using the gas pedal. When you let off the gas and coast on the HWY it goes away. It goes away when coasting in gear or out of gear, but the second you are in gear and push the gas pedal it starts right back up whining... So thinking diff whine as I have read this is pretty bad with the Torsen Helical diffs. Possibly related is some clunking going on as well that may be related to the whine when letting off and then getting back on it as it clunks and whine is gone and then push gas pedal and clunk again then whine comes back or could this be driveshaft related?

Keep in mind I have only had the car in my possession less than a couple days as majority of the time dealer had it. I have put very little miles on since purchasing so I am still noticing things as I pay more attention and drive it more.

Sorry for the long post! Hope everyone is doing well!

Current Garage
(11.)2012 GT500 silver with red stripe, SVT performance package, and Recaro seats.
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Past Mustangs in order and color of text.
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9)2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT
(I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)
MustangLife is offline  
Apprentice
 
KC3333's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: midwest
Posts: 246
 
Glad your clutch issue is on its way to resolution.

I have not had clutch or lockout issues, thankfully. I'd read it was more frequent for tracked Bosses so I didn't sweat it.

I do have the hiss. I looked over the brakes and since it wasn't them, didn't worry about it. I am now out of 3/36, but if it's the diff, perhaps it's still under 5/60. I'll read up. If it's normal, I'll leave it alone. The exhaust covers it up nicely anyway.

In my reading, the biggest disappointment for these cars is how truly ill prepared they were for the track. That didn't bother me since I'm not tracking mine, ever.

I would go ahead and have that hiss/diff checked under warranty, esp. if you've found a willing dealer.

I like bossmustangsonline for lots of owner experiences with the Boss. I pulled the trigger on buying a 1500-mile used Boss (from Ford) after reading the issues (and great experiences) over there.

Think positive. Hopefully your clutch issue is resolved, Worst case: you get the issues corrected under warranty and you sell it at no loss, if you can't trust the car long term. From what I've read tho-you'll have more than a little investment to make the car trackable.




Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2012 Boss Yellow Blaze, Recaros/Torsen, Cover/Mats
2012 MCA PP Sterling/Lava
KC3333 is offline  
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016 Thread Starter
Moderator
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member
 
MustangLife's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2015
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,597
             
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC3333 View Post
Glad your clutch issue is on its way to resolution.

I have not had clutch or lockout issues, thankfully. I'd read it was more frequent for tracked Bosses so I didn't sweat it.

I do have the hiss. I looked over the brakes and since it wasn't them, didn't worry about it. I am now out of 3/36, but if it's the diff, perhaps it's still under 5/60. I'll read up. If it's normal, I'll leave it alone. The exhaust covers it up nicely anyway.

In my reading, the biggest disappointment for these cars is how truly ill prepared they were for the track. That didn't bother me since I'm not tracking mine, ever.

I would go ahead and have that hiss/diff checked under warranty, esp. if you've found a willing dealer.

I like bossmustangsonline for lots of owner experiences with the Boss. I pulled the trigger on buying a 1500-mile used Boss (from Ford) after reading the issues (and great experiences) over there.

Think positive. Hopefully your clutch issue is resolved, Worst case: you get the issues corrected under warranty and you sell it at no loss, if you can't trust the car long term. From what I've read tho-you'll have more than a little investment to make the car trackable.




Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Yeah I don't really anticipate doing many track events if any to be honest as well none are very close. I really just want to be able to drive the car on the street and take it to car events/shows. I bought it as I wanted a Mustang I wouldn't see everywhere. So my goal is to just get it running, driving, and sounding normal for a nice weekend car.

The rear end noises I am hearing are very annoying. The shhhhhhhhhhhhh sound and the whining sound are both annoying. I am assuming they are both coming from the diff, but don't know. I will post back what the dealer says when I have it checked out this weekend?

Does your tranny whine any or no? I noticed tonight mine seems to have a faint trans whine, but hard to really nail it down and differentiate it between the rear end whine and shhhhh noises I am having... It doesn't whine nearly as loud or bad as my 2011 5.0 so that is a positive I guess. haha


Current Garage
(11.)2012 GT500 silver with red stripe, SVT performance package, and Recaro seats.
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Past Mustangs in order and color of text.
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9)2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT
(I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)
MustangLife is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1