LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-22-2016 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBert View Post
Yeah I like my Brembos too but I'm not sure I would have spent the money if I was not going to the road track.

To the OP, I'd suggest you look at wheels and tires first, and consider the brake clearance as you select wheels. The spacers throw off the correct geometry / offset and you might need so much spacer to clear the brakes, that you would move the tires outside the wheel well (not sure how much is needed).
The one thing I don't want (read: can't justify) is buying new rims to fitt new brakes.
maybe I will look into rotors and pads that are more head resistant.

Than again, wider rims and tires look damn nice :-) ...... I am afraid the mod bug got me again :-(

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
|With that logic we should be able to retrofit 1967 drum brakes to the front and stop those 8.5" wheels just the same.

It's about precisision, repeatability, a more distributed pad load for less fade and a larger thermal mass to absorb the conversion of kinetic energy to heat.
There is a massive difference between old drum brakes and modern disc brakes, there's no comparison. The difference between Brembo and standard Mustang brakes means very little in comparison to the difference better tires make.

For a one stop test, the same Mustang with the only difference being standard versus Bembo brakes, there will be little if any difference in stopping distance. Brembo brakes are for repeated stops, and dissipating heat better, that's where they shine.

If all one does is street driving, the Brembo brakes mean almost nothing.

2012 GT Premium, Brembo PP, MT82, 3.73s, Blk/Blk. Bama 93R, Koni Yellow Rear Shocks, Hawk Ceramic pads, Luxurious & Plush Floor Mats
BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechstang View Post
I was thinking about this, but I am not sure if I feel save with spacers on a 420HP car.....
As long as you don't get carried away with spacer thickness I don't think you'll have any issues. You'll have to do some math to figure out what you need but I don't think it's very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuelforFire87 View Post
I just picked up a set of eibach 25mm spacers as I am installing brembos and want to be able to use the factory 18x8 rims for when my car is in storage and when the weather is too cold for summer tires.
Are you sure they are 25mm? That's a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVa5.0 View Post
There is a massive difference between old drum brakes and modern disc brakes, there's no comparison. The difference between Brembo and standard Mustang brakes means very little in comparison to the difference better tires make.
I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

PONY Member

Positive they are 25mm

Eibach Pro-Spacer Hubcentric Mustang Wheel Spacers - 25mm - Pair 90.4.25.010.3 (94-14 All) - Free Shipping

Not sure how much clearance you need but you need at least 1/2 an inch to clear the brembos. there is one guy who reviewed these that is doing the same thing as me, using the stock 18x8 rim with the 4 piston brembos.

2014 Mustang GT 6R80, Procharger Stage 2 D1SC, BBK 85mm TB, Boss IM, Sai Li fuel system. Circle D 3C, 1-7/8" Kooks Long Tubes w/Offroad X Pipe, Lethal Over-Axle Pipes, Corsa Quad Axle-Back, Eibach Pro System Plus, BMR K member, Shaftmasters DS, Forgestar CF-5 Wheels and Nitto NT05 tires. Lund Tuned

Lots of suspension goodies and some other stuff I can't remember.
BOSS Member

Garage
I see what you're using. I was picturing a different style spacer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page