Stainless Steel Braided Brake Line Kit - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-28-2016 Thread Starter
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Stainless Steel Braided Brake Line Kit

I am looking for a stainless steel brake line kit that has an outer covering to prevent dirt from entering the braids.

Is anyone familiar with BlowByRacing? I am interested in this brake line kit that they sell. Apparently it is private labeled for them.

2005 - 2012 Ford Mustang Stainless Steel Brake Line Kit (Front & Rear) - Fit's V6, GT, Boss 302 and GT500 Models

I am also looking at the Goodridge Phantom kit. It is sold by various companies like CariD and Stillen.

Goodridge® 12364BKC - Ford Mustang 4-Wheel ABS 2012 Phantom Brake Line Kit

Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

Rob

2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-28-2016
GLOBAL MODERATOR
S197 Member

Rob,BBR makes and sells quality stuff,that would be my pick.
Ken.

post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-28-2016
GT Member

Vorshlag. Might cost a little more but will fit properly.

2013 GT, Track Pack, Recaros, Kooks Axlebacks, Airaid CAI, BMR Rear Adj. LCAs, BMR Relocation Brackets, JLT Oil Separator(s), Barton 2 Post Shifter Bracket, Steeda Motor Mounts, Barton Shifter, JHR Clutch line, BMR adj. UCA and Mount, Kooks 1 3/4 headers/catted H, DSS Al Shaft, BMR Loop, Vogtland Sport Springs front/BMR rear, Strange Adj. Struts/Shocks, Extended ball joints, Steeda Bumpsteer Kit, Whiteline Tranny Mount Bushing, Borla Overaxles, BMR Watts, Vorshlag 3" Ducts

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-28-2016
BOSS Member

Garage
I bought the Vorshlag lines. They are a bit cheaper than the Goodridge lines but shipping isn't cheap.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-28-2016
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I have the Goodridge lines that came with the SVT GT500 Brembo kit . . . . which came with all the needed brackets, etc. and installed with no issues, fit fine, and give nice firm pedal . . . looks like a good quality product to me, not sure how a brake line could be "better" . . . but I never noticed if the braided line is coated with anything. I think it is coated with clear plastic. Will have to take a look next time I have a wheel off.

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-28-2016
GT Member

vorshlag

2014 Black 5.0 Track Pack with to many mods.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-29-2016
PONY Member

vorshlag
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-29-2016
GT Member
S197 Member

I ran the vorshlag lines... The rear lines are longer than stock, which is nice because the stock length passenger side line gets kinked when you jack up the rear of the car and let the axle hang.

The vorshlag lines also use all the OEM fittings, including the strut bracket, so they fit like OEM.

2002 C5 Z51. MCS 2WNR TT2 coilovers, 18x11 Forgestars, 315's, yada yada. Built Z06 T56. Bolt ons. Coming soon to a CAM event near you.

2013 F150 6.2L. 9mpg.

post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-29-2016
Apprentice

I can't speak for the product, but beware of BBR. You can read through my Yelp review, and make your own decisions...

Blow by Racing - 199 NW 28th St Ste 1 - Boca Raton, FL - Reviews - Photos - Yelp

JR

2016 Race Red GT Premium Fastback - Performance Package, Navigation, Enhanced Security Package, Ebony Premier Trim
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-29-2016 Thread Starter
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacknifetoaswan View Post
I can't speak for the product, but beware of BBR. You can read through my Yelp review, and make your own decisions...

Blow by Racing - 199 NW 28th St Ste 1 - Boca Raton, FL - Reviews - Photos - Yelp

JR
There are enough negative reviews on that site to cause me to think twice (at least) about buying from them. What is interesting is what people have to say about how they treat customers. I only traded a few e-mails with them and I had already formed a less than positive opinion of their attitude towards customers.

2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-29-2016 Thread Starter
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I was leaning towards the Goodridge but there seems to be a fair number of votes for Vorshlag so I will probably to that route. Thanks for the help guys.

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboStang View Post
There are enough negative reviews on that site to cause me to think twice (at least) about buying from them. What is interesting is what people have to say about how they treat customers. I only traded a few e-mails with them and I had already formed a less than positive opinion of their attitude towards customers.
Yeah, the whole situation was a nightmare, and I feel like most any business would have made it right - offer free overnight shipping, refund shipping costs, whatever, but the fact that I got the runaround constantly, then still had to pay shipping costs, pissed me off. It's obvious that they're a Mickey Mouse operation, and can't even treat their customers correctly. I'll gladly pay a couple bucks extra for quality service. I've seen AM and CJPP go way above and beyond for their customers, but BBR couldn't be bothered.

JR

2016 Race Red GT Premium Fastback - Performance Package, Navigation, Enhanced Security Package, Ebony Premier Trim
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016 Thread Starter
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Ordered the Vorshlag kit. Thanks again for the feedback everyone. Now to start the hunt for just the right brake fluid.

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboStang View Post
Ordered the Vorshlag kit. Thanks again for the feedback everyone. Now to start the hunt for just the right brake fluid.
May I suggest that while you wait for your lines to ship to get a few more of the copper washers and OEM banjo bolts. I broke one of those when installing my lines on a weekend, when the Ford Dealers were closed for the day. I spent a lot of time calling and going to autozones, Oreilly's, and NAPA looking for a replacement banjo bolt. I was following the recommended torque but it still broke and left me hanging in the middle of install and brake fluid leaking out. If you track your car it might come in handy some time too.

Here is handy chart for brake fluid. I have used ATE superblue and now have the Typ 200 in there. I wish I could put Superblue in there as it helps when replacing the brake fluid. https://www.lelandwest.com/brake-flu...ison-chart.cfm

I bought 2 12 oz bottles of the Amsoil Series 600 and decided against it because of the high price and they would not let me return them due to liability issues. So I have 2 unopened bottles. You need about 2 quarts to properly flush. I play it safe by getting 3 quarts.

2013 GT, Track Pack, Recaros, Kooks Axlebacks, Airaid CAI, BMR Rear Adj. LCAs, BMR Relocation Brackets, JLT Oil Separator(s), Barton 2 Post Shifter Bracket, Steeda Motor Mounts, Barton Shifter, JHR Clutch line, BMR adj. UCA and Mount, Kooks 1 3/4 headers/catted H, DSS Al Shaft, BMR Loop, Vogtland Sport Springs front/BMR rear, Strange Adj. Struts/Shocks, Extended ball joints, Steeda Bumpsteer Kit, Whiteline Tranny Mount Bushing, Borla Overaxles, BMR Watts, Vorshlag 3" Ducts
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016 Thread Starter
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Great suggestions PMD. I wouldn't have thought about extra washers and bolts. And thanks for the link to the chart. I have some reading to do.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in