2011 GT Exhaust - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By CDN5.0
  • 2 Post By NoVa5.0

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

2011 GT Exhaust

I am looking to purchase a 2011 mustang gt and I do not know what exhaust system I want to choose. I have heard the pypes exhaust with an off-road x pipe and I love that sound. I was just wondering if there was a recommended exhaust to get throaty/ backfire noise with down shifts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016
GT Member

Pype bombs I believe are muffler deletes and will provide what you are looking for.

2013 GT, Track Pack, Recaros, Kooks Axlebacks, Airaid CAI, BMR Rear Adj. LCAs, BMR Relocation Brackets, JLT Oil Separator(s), Barton 2 Post Shifter Bracket, Steeda Motor Mounts, Barton Shifter, JHR Clutch line, BMR adj. UCA and Mount, Kooks 1 3/4 headers/catted H, DSS Al Shaft, BMR Loop, Vogtland Sport Springs front/BMR rear, Strange Adj. Struts/Shocks, Extended ball joints, Steeda Bumpsteer Kit, Whiteline Tranny Mount Bushing, Borla Overaxles, BMR Watts, Vorshlag 3" Ducts
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016
GLOBAL MODERATOR
S197 Member

I have Pypes on my 2011 GT,they sound great but they do have a DRONE at the 2000 RPM area,I still have and love mine.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-02-2016
PONY Member
S197 Member

Garage
YouTube!!!!
02_GT_5spd likes this.

2014 GT Track Pack/Brembo/Recaro/Whiteline suspension system/Blowfish Racing shifter bracket - the 3.73 Torsen is so loud now that, with all due respect to Wade Chamberlain, BadFast has been renamed "The Whining Mistress"
F5 MKII
07 FatBoy
04 1200 XLC
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-02-2016
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton_66 View Post
I was just wondering if there was a recommended exhaust to get throaty/ backfire noise with down shifts.
I'm not really sure why this is desirable. I put an after market cat back exhaust system on my '87 when my mufflers needed to be replaced. I did not enjoy the constant noise that comes from it with minimal if any performance gain.

People know my car is coming down the road with the stock exhaust. This is your first post, is it your first car or Mustang?

Pete

2014 Shelby GT500:Delivered 4/3/13, Black/Black stripes/Black interior, SVT Track Package, SVT Performance Package, JLT Oil Seperator, FRPP Resonator Delete, Syntha Max blue air filter, Revan Racing shifter bushing, Michelin PSS tires, Lloyd GT500 mats, and yes the stock Shelby seats.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-02-2016
Apprentice

I have flowmaster outlaws on my 2012 GT and they sound evil.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-02-2016
Apprentice

Delete the resonators with straight through muffler.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-03-2016
PONY Member

Purchase a car first, then see what you want to do. You may find the stock system acceptable.
02_GT_5spd and Pete Grimaldi like this.

2012 GT Premium, Brembo PP, MT82, 3.73s, Blk/Blk. Bama 93R, Koni Yellow Rear Shocks, Hawk Ceramic pads, Luxurious & Plush Floor Mats
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN5.0 View Post
YouTube!!!!
Can be very helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG-1 View Post
I have flowmaster outlaws on my 2012 GT and they sound evil.
I've got the Outlaw catback on mine, yeah . . . evil is about right
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVa5.0 View Post
Purchase a car first, then see what you want to do. You may find the stock system acceptable.
Ditto

Jason

'14 F150 4x4 SuperCrew 302

SOLD
'11 GT MT w/ 3.73s and some bolt-ons
550 RWHP / 490 RWTQ
11.94 @ 123, 1.84 60 ft.
Wannabe Sleeper
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02_GT_5spd View Post
Can be very helpful

I've got the Outlaw catback on mine, yeah . . . evil is about right

Ditto
I just have the axlebacks. I was wondering what it would sound like without the resonators though. Long tubes and x-pipe with high flow cats going in soon, so it might be too much without the resonators.
Apprentice

Garage
It is preference. From the other thread you must have decided to eliminate the resonators. If you don't like it you can put stock back on, which is what I may end up doing. But I know when I put my LT's and Catted X-pipe on with my flowmaster outlaws it was ridiculously loud. You will announce yourself on the street. I can only imagine without resonators. Some say it doesn't change much. And you may find it perfect. With these mods you never know until you try it and hear it in person
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page