Wrench Light / Please Help :( - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

Wrench Light / Please Help :(

I'm having issues with the stupid wrench light. Light comes on when I floor it (4/5rmps), and then goes into limp mode. Itís a 91R tune I had installed. I switched it back to stock and floored it to see if I had the same issue. Nothing happened; ran fine. Only when I had the tune installed. I've unstalled/ reinstalled 3/4 times already by different tunes from BAMA and still getting the same issue. So I'm wondering if any of you guys know why I'm having this issue? Bad tune? Don't think my throttle sensor/ wiring is bad because would caused the same issue when I floored it in stock mode? I feel like if I keep going back n fourth to tune/stock it's going to F up my ECU. First time I installed this tune I got a code after the engine light and the wrench came on... Po61B: Internal Control Module Torque Calculation.. This code never appeared again after I returned it back to stock. The second I got the updated tune, the wrench still came on/ no code. Went away after I turned the car off. Called BAMA and told me that my power code and the strategy code didn't match so they "fixed" it so I got the third tune... Still having the problem.

13' Ford Mustang GT
BAMA tune Oct 91
Few mods

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Honestly, get another tuner. I've tried VMP and Lund. Both are great but I stuck to Lund.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2oo5GT View Post
Honestly, get another tuner. I've tried VMP and Lund. Both are great but I stuck to Lund.
I agree. Not saying that Bama is the problem, but perhaps having another performance tune to compare to will help.

I've always been thoroughly impressed with performance tunes from Brenspeed, not to mention their exceptional customer support.

Do you have any other mods done to the car besides the performance tune?

2005 black GT premium (5spd) / GT500 front LCA/upper strut mounts / Koni Adjustable (yellow)shocks with Roush Springs / FRPP 4:10 rear gear / BMR rear UCA/LCA+relocation brackets / MGW Shifter / Bassani axle backs / Cervinis heat extractor hood and Ducktail spoiler / Carroll Shelby CS69 20x9/20x10 wheels / MSD Blaster 2 coils / Roush TVS2300 Supercharger+Brenspeed 560R upgrade / Exedy Mach 500 Stage 3 Clutch / Exedy lightweight flywheel / SR Performance braided stainless clutch Line / Afco Dual Fan Heat Exchanger upgrade / JLT Catch Can / Axle Exchange one piece aluminum DS / Silly grin on my face every time I turn the key.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016
GT Member

Unfortunately you need to talk to BAMA again. I have never had an issue with any of my tunes like you are having. Only issue is when they make mistake on not turning off my rear 02 sensors. And one time there was an issue with my speedometer reading incorrectly due to tire size or rear end ratio indicated in the tune.

Make sure they know all your modifications. If you have an aftermarket CAI that requires a tune then don't start the car with stock tune in it.

2013 GT, Track Pack, Recaros, Kooks Axlebacks, Airaid CAI, BMR Rear Adj. LCAs, BMR Relocation Brackets, JLT Oil Separator(s), Barton 2 Post Shifter Bracket, Steeda Motor Mounts, Barton Shifter, JHR Clutch line, BMR adj. UCA and Mount, Kooks 1 3/4 headers/catted H, DSS Al Shaft, BMR Loop, Vogtland Sport Springs front/BMR rear, Strange Adj. Struts/Shocks, Extended ball joints, Steeda Bumpsteer Kit, Whiteline Tranny Mount Bushing, Borla Overaxles, BMR Watts, Vorshlag 3" Ducts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page