Ford Mustang Forum banner

Wrench Light / Please Help :(

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  PMDmustang13 
#1 ·
:crying:I'm having issues with the stupid wrench light. Light comes on when I floor it (4/5rmps), and then goes into limp mode. It’s a 91R tune I had installed. I switched it back to stock and floored it to see if I had the same issue. Nothing happened; ran fine. Only when I had the tune installed. I've unstalled/ reinstalled 3/4 times already by different tunes from BAMA and still getting the same issue. So I'm wondering if any of you guys know why I'm having this issue? Bad tune? Don't think my throttle sensor/ wiring is bad because would caused the same issue when I floored it in stock mode? I feel like if I keep going back n fourth to tune/stock it's going to F up my ECU. First time I installed this tune I got a code after the engine light and the wrench came on... Po61B: Internal Control Module Torque Calculation.. This code never appeared again after I returned it back to stock. The second I got the updated tune, the wrench still came on/ no code. Went away after I turned the car off. Called BAMA and told me that my power code and the strategy code didn't match so they "fixed" it so I got the third tune... Still having the problem.

13' Ford Mustang GT
BAMA tune Oct 91
Few mods

#3 ·
I agree. Not saying that Bama is the problem, but perhaps having another performance tune to compare to will help.

I've always been thoroughly impressed with performance tunes from Brenspeed, not to mention their exceptional customer support.

Do you have any other mods done to the car besides the performance tune?

#4 ·
Unfortunately you need to talk to BAMA again. I have never had an issue with any of my tunes like you are having. Only issue is when they make mistake on not turning off my rear 02 sensors. And one time there was an issue with my speedometer reading incorrectly due to tire size or rear end ratio indicated in the tune.

Make sure they know all your modifications. If you have an aftermarket CAI that requires a tune then don't start the car with stock tune in it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.