Newbie here! FORD racing ProCal Tuner - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By 5LHO
  • 1 Post By wjbertrand

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Newbie here! FORD racing ProCal Tuner

I have a 2011 GT/CS in stock condition, love it. Question: has anybody used this tune for their car? Would like to read any reports on this Ford factory tune/tuner. Thanks Mark M.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016
Administrator
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Welcome to the site! Sorry no experience with that tune but maybe another member might be able to help you out.

Engine mods - all stock, trust me, wanna run??!!!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016
Apprentice

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Cooper View Post
Welcome to the site! Sorry no experience with that tune but maybe another member might be able to help you out.
Thanks for the welcome, nice yellow Stang! Love that color.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Thanks bro for the direction!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-05-2016
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Honestly a tune from a reputable tuner would be better than the FR procal.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-05-2016
GT Member

I'll pipe up again. I had this tune on my fully loaded 12 BBP 3.73 stick car. With no other mods, this tune made the car capable of a high 11 sec 1/4 at 115+ on a sticky tire and felt fantastic day to day.

It's a great idea if you buy the car new, are looking for a great warranty and don't plan alot of additional mods down the road. Otherwise, get an SCT. I'm in a 14 now, and FRPP wanted $250 for a new SD card for my current car so, I said no, as I planned on a tune better suited to the automatic and had a power adder in mind down the road.
wjbertrand likes this.

2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort, etc. GT500s, Steeda UCA, VMP auto tune, 100 shot on BBR tune, best et: 11.38 at 120.85

2012 GT, Candy Red, Brembo, 3.73, Tech, Comfort, etc. Procal tune, Roush upper, UMI LCAs, Steeda red bracket, GT500s, 28X10X16 Hoosier slicks, best et: 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016
PONY Member

Garage
When someone says the other tunes are better they usually mean you can get a bigger power boost than the Ford Racing Pro-Cal tune provides. For driveability the Pro-Cal tune is hard to beat. I've had it in my '13 for about a year now and really like the improved throttle response and additional low-end torque. The car just feels peppier and quicker than the +16 hp increase would suggest. On top of that I've picked up about 1-2 MPG better mileage in most driving. Since you have a 2011, if it's a manual, this tune also eliminates the annoying skip shift feature. Lastly, having the Ford dealer install it does not void your warranty.
The only potential downside is that you cannot use regular grade fuel at all, you're married to the 91+ stuff.
freewayflyer likes this.

-Jeff-
Ventura, CA
2013 GT Premium Brembo
MGW, Blow Fish, AM Hood Struts
Tinted, Borla Touring AB, ProCal Tune
Full Shelby/Kicker Audio Upgrade
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016
GT Member

I got way more than 16, according to the dragstrip dyno. More like 27.

2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort, etc. GT500s, Steeda UCA, VMP auto tune, 100 shot on BBR tune, best et: 11.38 at 120.85

2012 GT, Candy Red, Brembo, 3.73, Tech, Comfort, etc. Procal tune, Roush upper, UMI LCAs, Steeda red bracket, GT500s, 28X10X16 Hoosier slicks, best et: 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I'll add my 2 cents. The ProCal tune adds a lot of torque to the lower RPMs, 60+ ftlbs per Ford. I have the 3.31 gears and I noticed the extra torque immediately. I'll second what others have said. For an all around better than stock tune, the ProCal nails it.

2012 Grabber Blue GT Premium, 6MT, 3:31, Brembo, Nav, Comfort pkg, backup camera.
Goodies: GT500 Mufflers, MGW Shifter, DSS AL Driveshaft, Bondra Clutch pedal extension
Tune: Bama 91 Octane V2 Performance Tune
Suspension: Steeda Ultralite Springs, Koni Yellows, Steeda HD Strut Mounts, Steeda UCA - lowered cars, BMR Adj. Panhard bar
Tires: Continental DWS06 275/40-19
Track Days: Bama 93 Octane Race Tune, 18x10 SVE Drifts with Bridgestone RE-11 285/30
Just for show: Raxiom Smoked tail lights
PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
I got way more than 16, according to the dragstrip dyno. More like 27.
I never dyno'd mine, just going by what Ford Racing said was the gain. Other than the tune and the Borla axle backs, everything else is completely stock on my car.

-Jeff-
Ventura, CA
2013 GT Premium Brembo
MGW, Blow Fish, AM Hood Struts
Tinted, Borla Touring AB, ProCal Tune
Full Shelby/Kicker Audio Upgrade
GT Member

Same here. I dynoed it on the dragstrip with a simple speed and weight calculator.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page