New rear brakes and wheel speed sensors. - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Garage
New rear brakes and wheel speed sensors.

I just put a set of Baer SS4 rear brakes on my 2012 Mustang. The install was great and the brakes work awesome. My problem is with the new brackets there's no place for the wheel sensors to mount to.. I can't live with all the error messages so I need to mount them. I have searched for the gap measurement between the sensor and the toner ringl, but can't find it. Also how deep does the sensor need to protrude onto the tonner ring???

Help would be greatly appreciated

TC

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I don't know the answers to those questions . . . . but I'm pretty sure you can kill the light by pulling the ABS fuse.

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016
GT Member
S197 Member

So did the new brakes come with new plates that bolt up to the axle and new calipers?

I would not run a brake kit that deletes traction control and abs...I can't think of any rear brakes I would want over the srock ones in exchange for abs.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-16-2016
GT Member

Yeah, pulling the fuse is a great idea on a street car...no abs, great idea, yeah.

Pulling the fuse will SET the light, not turn it off.

2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort, etc. GT500s, Steeda UCA, VMP auto tune, 100 shot on BBR tune, best et: 11.38 at 120.85

2012 GT, Candy Red, Brembo, 3.73, Tech, Comfort, etc. Procal tune, Roush upper, UMI LCAs, Steeda red bracket, GT500s, 28X10X16 Hoosier slicks, best et: 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-16-2016
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
Yeah, pulling the fuse is a great idea on a street car...no abs, great idea, yeah. . . .
Good Lord, the horror, the Horror! . . . It's a miracle I survived to the age of 55, with no ABS for the first 30 or 40 years . . .

yeah yeah OK, I agree ABS is good to have, just like TPMS is good to have too, I was just hoping to kill the annoying light while he figures it out . . . but if it doesn't kill the light, then forget it.

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-16-2016
GT Member

When I started driving, disc brakes on the front were an option.

I wouldn't compromise the safety that modern brakes with abs provide for any money. I flip the nannies off at the racetrack but, not on the road.

2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort, etc. GT500s, Steeda UCA, VMP auto tune, 100 shot on BBR tune, best et: 11.38 at 120.85

2012 GT, Candy Red, Brembo, 3.73, Tech, Comfort, etc. Procal tune, Roush upper, UMI LCAs, Steeda red bracket, GT500s, 28X10X16 Hoosier slicks, best et: 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-16-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Garage
Hold the phone. I didn't say anything about pulling a fuse to fix the problem. Not my style .

Yes the Baer SS4 rear "DUAL CALIPER per side" has brackets and mounts for the calipers. I am also running Billet Specialties dual bead lock rims. When everything is bolded together there is very little room for error. I can fabricate a bracket for the wheel speed senor, but since I can't look at mine, I thought maybe someone would know the dimensions as far as the gap to toner ring and distance into the toner ring

Last edited by 201250; 03-16-2016 at 05:04 PM. Reason: spellng
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page