Are these headers damaged? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-29-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Are these headers damaged?

Got my BBK LTH's today from Amazon (I know mistake #1), looks like it was dropped shipped straight from BBK in Fl. I'm no header expert but I don't think one of them is supposed to look like this?!
I'm livid!

Before I make a big stink, salvageable/usuable or return it?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0595.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	999.6 KB
ID:	509057  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-29-2016
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Garage
those headers are usable might need to rebend it tho shouldn't be hard

1997 Mustang Gt auto - White Rose - Custom 2in exhaust with headers and flowmasters and an offroad stock 2.25 in h pipe and custom bent 2.25 catback 3.08 rear end MM caster camber plates installed Kyb gr2s installed Ford racing c springs with polys isos all around SR performance upper and lower poly control arms pi head swap gt500 followers sr cold air intake hand ported stock plenum raxiom smoked halo headlights
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-29-2016
GT Member

Easy fix. I'd just take it to a local muffler shop and have them push it round with a tapered cone. Shouldn't cost more than a couple beers.

Or phone and get another set, your call...

2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort, etc. GT500s, Steeda UCA, VMP auto tune, 100 shot on BBR tune, best et: 11.38 at 120.85

2012 GT, Candy Red, Brembo, 3.73, Tech, Comfort, etc. Procal tune, Roush upper, UMI LCAs, Steeda red bracket, GT500s, 28X10X16 Hoosier slicks, best et: 11.91 at 115.23 RIP

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Ok I probably overreacted. I'll proceed with the install and have the mechanic fix the dent. Thanks.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016
Rookie
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dondino View Post
Ok I probably overreacted. I'll proceed with the install and have the mechanic fix the dent. Thanks.
if I were you, I'll contact the seller to get a good discount. or the seller should send a replacement.
I understand that they are usable but you bought a new headers they should be damage free.
I prefer to get a discount than getting replacement since it's easy fix.

I did the same mistake and bought my wheels from Amazon by USD 1000, there were minor scratches and the seller offer me a refund for USD 400. but i chose to get a replacement since wheel should look nice and defect free.
good luck

instagram @shukri477
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016
PONY Member

Same thing happened to me when I got headers for my 2011 V6 mustang. Seems like BBK definitely has some quality control issues with their headers or they were damaged during shipping. Anyways I opted for a replacement. Its your call though if you are confident you can fix it go for a refund. I did the install myself and didn't have the tools to fix it so that is why I returned them for a new set.

2014 Mustang GT 6R80, Procharger Stage 2 D1SC, BBK 85mm TB, Boss IM, Sai Li fuel system. Circle D 3C, 1-7/8" Kooks Long Tubes w/Offroad X Pipe, Lethal Over-Axle Pipes, Corsa Quad Axle-Back, Eibach Pro System Plus, BMR K member, Shaftmasters DS, Forgestar CF-5 Wheels and Nitto NT05 tires. Lund Tuned

Lots of suspension goodies and some other stuff I can't remember.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016
DTRedfire

As suggested I would take it to a reputable shop and have them correct it. If done right they can still be usable and you should be able to install them without any issues. If you can do it yourself it would be even better, but you definitely want to get the diameter just right so it helps fit and clamp properly.

From what I have seen lately BBK is slipping a bit on there quality. Their BBK shorties are a nightmare to install from my understanding. Not quite sure if that is a more quality concern, or there specs are off in comparison to the actual car specs. Either way, Amazon is great just not always the best from car parts, unless it's directly from the actual supplier.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in