which throttle body should i go with? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

which throttle body should i go with?

Hi I could use some advice on which throttle body I should buy. I have a 2011 GT with a 2.3l Ford racing supercharger on it ( its the 624hp version) and the next thing i want to do to it is get a bigger throttle body. I'm not sure if i should go with the twin 65 mm or the scj oval throttle body from ford racing. If anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016
GT Member

Neither. The oval monoblade is worth a bit, IF you can tune for it and it's hooked to a CJ. It's a waste on a stock mani, as is the twin 65, though a little less so. The twin is your only option if you still have a stock mani. There isn't alot of power here, even with FI.

2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort, etc. GT500s, Steeda UCA, VMP auto tune, 100 shot on BBR tune, best et: 11.38 at 120.85

2012 GT, Candy Red, Brembo, 3.73, Tech, Comfort, etc. Procal tune, Roush upper, UMI LCAs, Steeda red bracket, GT500s, 28X10X16 Hoosier slicks, best et: 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-02-2016
PONY Member

This is what I run, though any throttle body will require a re tune, so maybe you should have Justin send you a tune while your at it

VMP TwinJet 67mm throttle body for 07-14 GT500 & Supercharged 5.0L

2011 VMPcharged GT Auto, RGR/JPC Motor, Borla Touring, Alum Driveshaft, tuned by VMP [email protected]

Fired up the willing engine, responding with a roar.Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime.Wind in my hair Shifting and drifting Mechanical music Adrenaline surge - Rush -

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-03-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks man
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Some of the fast FI guys still run a stock tb.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016
GT Member

Doh, somehow I missed OP is already SC but...the advice is still sound. It's a total retune for a handful of ponies. Better served by pulleying down and maximizing your intercooler efficiency.

2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort, etc. GT500s, Steeda UCA, VMP auto tune, 100 shot on BBR tune, best et: 11.38 at 120.85

2012 GT, Candy Red, Brembo, 3.73, Tech, Comfort, etc. Procal tune, Roush upper, UMI LCAs, Steeda red bracket, GT500s, 28X10X16 Hoosier slicks, best et: 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in