99 V6 Ford Mustang.....Winter? - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Firestorm

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016 Thread Starter
Banned

99 V6 Ford Mustang.....Winter?

I have 1999 Ford Mustang. I had trouble last winter with it because I didn't have good tires for snow...Was to poor lol OK well now I know winter is coming fast. How much difference would snow tires on the back make? I'm getting better tires on friday.

MB Star C4

Last edited by guoqing; 04-10-2016 at 07:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016
Apprentice

Garage
I live in New York so I know how it is, my first winter was a terrible experience driving this car but now I know what to do...I take the subways lol, I heard from many people that the best thing to do is to add a few sacks of sand to add weight to the car, also American Muscle sells a piece that kills the posi traction and your stang will have more traction in your rear wheels, I don't recall the name of this piece. Like I said before try to stay away from the snow, driving on the snow with a mustang needs some serious skills and patience (and for the rest of the drivers too lol). You can get some good grip with snow tires but if you have to drive on a frozen road or sleet nothing is going to help you too much. Good luck !

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016
GT Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
When I had my 06 pony package I got caught in the snow a few times. she had traction control (my 09 doesn't)

anyway my '06 was lowered and had the OEM tires on her 235-55-17. I took my time driving one winter night I got caught in a snow storm. It took me 1.5 hrs to drive 30 miles witch would take me 45 mins to drive on a good day.

I would leave early (still do today) for work in the winter to make sure I was never late.

Just take your time drive senceable and you will be fine just my .02

"ONX PNY"

2009 MUSTANG (45TH Aniversary) premium w/pony package.
AUTO, Leather, IUP, Kenwood DDX393/Speakers
A.M Bullitt wheels W/custom center caps
RAXIOM RETRO'S Black turn signals/Tinted rear bumper lights cobra Roadster hood that's functional and many other mods

Yes I know my user name doesn't match my car color

1966 coupe 289 2V C code factory BENCH/P/S

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016
PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by guoqing View Post
I have 1999 Ford Mustang. I had trouble last winter with it because I didn't have good tires for snow...Was to poor lol OK well now I know winter is coming fast. How much difference would snow tires on the back make? I'm getting better tires on friday.

I know that winter is coming April 24th, but that only affects my Sunday night TV viewing.

Where do you live that your thinking of purchasing Winter Tires in April????
Mac The Knife likes this.

2012 Mustang GT, Brembo Pkg, Yellow Blaze Metallic

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page