LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2016 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Send a message via AIM to blu13gt Send a message via MSN to blu13gt
Fays2 Watts link and Solo performance exhaust

Has anyone installed these together on a 11-14 GT? I'm considering both of these products but I want to be sure there won't be any clearance issues before I drop the cash on them.

Any input would be helpful.

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/mustang-s197-sale-classifieds/973497-factory-gt-flowmaster-axle-back.html#post8825354
Stock 2016 EB
2013 GT Deep Impact Blue W/ Brembos
FRPP GT500 axle back, MGW race spec, Koni yellows, Eibach Pro Kit, GC camber plates, BMR LCA & relocation brackets, MRR-M350 19X10 Piano Black Wheels.
2014 Smart for Two.
1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX. More mods than I can remember.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2016
PONY Member

Interesting Axle-Back concept!!
They sound pretty LOUD though!!

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2016
Rookie

I would definitely call one of the guys at Solo to check on this. There are super to deal with and very thorough. I have their hi-flow cats and full catback. It is quite loud. The only bad part is that the 5.0 has a 1500 rpm cold start. With cold cats this will definitely wake the neighbors in the morning. I have sound clips posted somewhere if you need them.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2016
Rookie

I had a fays2 watt link on a 2013 mustang gt that was lowered with steeda springs. The watt link hit the exhaust a lot. I would not use it on a lowered car.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Well I did contact solo a while back and they couldn't confirm if there would be good clearance or not. So with the comment above me does anyone know if the BMR unit has exhaust clearance issues or not? I like both designs but I don't want to spend the money if it's going to be rattling against my exhaust constantly.

Gjk1. And others who say it's loud. Is that the Mach kit or the race it? The Mach kit is supposed to be a lot quieter.

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/mustang-s197-sale-classifieds/973497-factory-gt-flowmaster-axle-back.html#post8825354
Stock 2016 EB
FRPP GT500 axle back, MGW race spec, Koni yellows, Eibach Pro Kit, GC camber plates, BMR LCA & relocation brackets, MRR-M350 19X10 Piano Black Wheels.
2014 Smart for Two.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016
GT Member

I have the BMR watts link and no clearance issues at all with the exhaust and I am lowered about 1.5". However I did have a slight problem that apparently nobody else with over 120 sold. My driver side axle clamp would come in contact with the body or frame of my car when I would hit significant dips in the road. It also seemed like my car got lowered about 1/4" after installation for some strange reason. Maybe due to other adjustments I made with extending my adjustable LCA's. I believe I solved that problem by trimming about 1/8" off the top of the flange where it was contacting as well as 1/4" off the corner of the bracket. I am still happy with the BMR watts link and have not tested it out on the road course yet.

2013 GT, Track Pack, Recaros, Kooks Axlebacks, Airaid CAI, BMR Rear Adj. LCAs, BMR Relocation Brackets, JLT Oil Separator(s), Barton 2 Post Shifter Bracket, Steeda Motor Mounts, Barton Shifter, JHR Clutch line, BMR adj. UCA and Mount, Kooks 1 3/4 headers/catted H, DSS Al Shaft, BMR Loop, Vogtland Sport Springs front/BMR rear, Strange Adj. Struts/Shocks, Extended ball joints, Steeda Bumpsteer Kit, Whiteline Tranny Mount Bushing, Borla Overaxles, BMR Watts, Vorshlag 3" Ducts
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2016
Apprentice

I dying to jump on the Solo's because they seem to sound fantastic but I'm running long tubes with an o/r xpipe and I think it'll hit a whole new level of obnoxious. I am running with oem resonators though. Did you get yours installed yet OP?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2016 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
No. I haven't purchased yet. I'm waiting for a bit.

Stock 2016 EB
2014 Smart for Two.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page