Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By aceckel
  • 1 Post By crjackson2134

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-06-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

supercharger considerations

Hello folks,

Considering installing a supercharger on my 2011 GT.

My concern is, do I need to beef up the heads, valves, etc to accommodate the additional HP?

Any advise would be appreciated.

Regards
Paul

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-06-2016
BOSS Member

Garage
No.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-07-2016
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin72 View Post
No.
TL;DR

2014 Black GT Premium w/Track Pack - 401A - (Apocalypse)
2018 Black Nissan 370Z Nismo - (Lucille-2)

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-07-2016
Apprentice
5.0L Member

+1, no need to beef up the cylinder heads. On the other hand, you will seriously wish to consider exhaust upgrades (LT headers & x-pipe). All that forced air in must have a way out or you will be leaving a lot of HP/TQ on the table. And, of course, do not be penny wise and pound foolish. Find yourself a reputable tuner.
CDN5.0 likes this.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-07-2016
BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by crjackson2134 View Post
TL;DR
I'm not sure what that means?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-07-2016
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin72 View Post
I'm not sure what that means?
Sorry, that's Internet forum shorthand, it means that your reply was

Too long; Didn't read it... It was a joke about the directness and brevity of your reply.
CDN5.0 likes this.

2014 Black GT Premium w/Track Pack - 401A - (Apocalypse)
2018 Black Nissan 370Z Nismo - (Lucille-2)
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016
PONY Member

To stay safe you should consider going the centrifugal route like procharger or paxton/vortech. They all have great kits for a stock coyote. They build boost like a turbocharged engine instead of the TVS or Roots style which make boost a lot sooner. While the later may sound better, it puts a lot more stress on your engine

2014 Mustang GT 6R80, Procharger Stage 2 D1SC, BBK 85mm TB, Boss IM, Sai Li fuel system. Circle D 3C, 1-7/8" Kooks Long Tubes w/Offroad X Pipe, Lethal Over-Axle Pipes, Corsa Quad Axle-Back, Eibach Pro System Plus, BMR K member, Shaftmasters DS, Forgestar CF-5 Wheels and Nitto NT05 tires. Lund Tuned

Lots of suspension goodies and some other stuff I can't remember.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016
GT Member

No way I'd go centri again on a Coyote. If you want something that drives like stock until you rev it out centri is for you. The TVS turns the car into something that really feels more like a supercharged car. Roush uses these blowers on their cars with a full warranty, as does Ford on the GT500 so, set up correctly, they will work fine and not damage anything, as long as you aren't too greedy. TVS ftmfw, on the road.

2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort, etc. GT500s, Steeda UCA, VMP auto tune, 100 shot on BBR tune, best et: 11.38 at 120.85

2012 GT, Candy Red, Brembo, 3.73, Tech, Comfort, etc. Procal tune, Roush upper, UMI LCAs, Steeda red bracket, GT500s, 28X10X16 Hoosier slicks, best et: 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016
Apprentice

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
No way I'd go centri again on a Coyote. If you want something that drives like stock until you rev it out centri is for you. The TVS turns the car into something that really feels more like a supercharged car. Roush uses these blowers on their cars with a full warranty, as does Ford on the GT500 so, set up correctly, they will work fine and not damage anything, as long as you aren't too greedy. TVS ftmfw, on the road.
I wish Saleen still made their super shaker kit...

With a shaker scoop, I'm basically forced to go centri or turbo.

'07 Mustang GT Premium
FRPP camshafts, C&L Racer, AED dyno tune, 4.10s, BBK tuned shorties, MAC Pro Chamber, SVE axlebacks, SR springs, Eibach struts and dampers, Subframe connectors, Eibach front and rear sway bars, BMR Adjustable panhard, J&M AUCA & LCA, Camber plates, CMDP, BBK UDPs, Exedy LW flywheel and stage 2 clutch, Hurst short throw shifter, SS brake lines, Window louvers, CDC Shaker scoop, custom hood paint and rear decklid paint. S197 Mach 1 replica?
SHELBY GT 350 Member

+1, no need for head work unless you get them port n polished to make more power. The internals are pretty good until you get a little too crazy. Then it's only time. could be a month, could be 5 years. But if you get a built SB or rebuild yours with better internals, then that's a different story. just remember not to skip on the fuel upgrades and tune is key. You want a good/safe AF ratio to keep it happy.
I'm more of a roots/TVS guy personally. nothing wrong with centri's though.

2014 Mustang GT, A6, Grabber Blue
PONY Member
S197 Member

Garage
Google - Department of Boost - some real good info on there, as stated above you really want to concentrate on exhaust upgrades.

Scott

2014 GT Track Pack/Brembo/Recaro/Whiteline suspension system/Blowfish Racing shifter bracket - the 3.73 Torsen is so loud now that, with all due respect to Wade Chamberlain, BadFast has been renamed "The Whining Mistress"
F5 MKII
07 FatBoy
04 1200 XLC

We would definitely recommend Long Tubes and a Reische Thermostat (170 degree). At least a Reische at the minimum if you are on a tight budget. These cars run a little on the hot side due to the compression ratio. I would take a look at our 626R or 650R package or some of our E-Force kits. They run excellent and have stock like drive ability-made to be driven everyday. The power.....Incredible! Superchargers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page