2014 mustang battery relocation - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 5LHO

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-08-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

2014 mustang battery relocation

my name is justin im new to this forum but i want to know about battery relocation since i cant really find a whole write up about it for 2011-2014 mustangs im relocating it to clear some room in the engine bay due to having twin turbos and tired of seeing a cluttered mess but this is what i want to know and what i already have. i have the UPR battery relocation kit it came with the negative cable and positive cable to starter solenoid now the factory terminal has the small wire connected to it and the 2 wires going to the fuses that are connected to it also was wondering what i should do with those cut and run the wires to the trunk also? or if someone here has done it on a 2011-2014 mustang could you do a full write up on what you did thanks!!! i get overwhelmed when it comes to messing with wires and i start second guessing myself on everything

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016
GT Member

Ok, you can relocate the battery to the trunk fine, for whatever reason. You will want to run both the positive and the negative wire back to the engine compartment and hook them up to the places they are going now. I use 1/0 gauge welding cable for this, minimum. If you don't do this, you will have hard starting issues, most likely but, the additional cabling etc. actually adds weight to the car, rather than take it away. You are best advised to contain the battery in a sealed box, vented to outside air, for safety reasons.

90lxwhite likes this.

2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort, etc. GT500s, Steeda UCA, VMP auto tune, 100 shot on BBR tune, best et: 11.38 at 120.85

2012 GT, Candy Red, Brembo, 3.73, Tech, Comfort, etc. Procal tune, Roush upper, UMI LCAs, Steeda red bracket, GT500s, 28X10X16 Hoosier slicks, best et: 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page