What can I do to not void warranty - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Wheels and tire won't void your warranty. New floor mats. An after market shifter or shifter bushing or both. A JLT Oil seperator(passanger side).

Pete

2014 Shelby GT500:Delivered 4/3/13, Black/Black stripes/Black interior, SVT Track Package, SVT Performance Package, JLT Oil Seperator, FRPP Resonator Delete, Syntha Max blue air filter, Revan Racing shifter bushing, Michelin PSS tires, Lloyd GT500 mats, and yes the stock Shelby seats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

I installed quarter window l o u v e r s. The dealer did not think it would Void the warrant as they match the car color. They attach with Velcro though just in case...

PONY Member
S197 Member

We have a 2014 Taurus SHO. That had a Roush CAI. No tune, just the intake.

Car started developing issues with one of the turbo chargers. First thing replaced was the waste gate solenoid, but the issue resurfaced again. Dealer tech came up with some ridiculous comment that he has come to know that "these types of CAI are known to let dirt flow through and wear down the turbo impellers". Now keep in mind that the car only had 24K miles on it, and it's not like we drive the thing on dirt roads.

In the end the dealer replaced one of the turbos, but he insisted that the OEM intake be reinstalled in order to avoid future issues. They even offered to do the reinstall the intake without charging me.

Given that the repair order to replace the turbo was over $1,400, I had them do it.

I just didn't want to risk it in the event the other one went out, even though I think the claim that the filter is the cause of the turbo failure is ridiculous.

2015 Roush Stage 3 Convertible- Convertible bar, blacked out tails, 20% tint

SHELBY GT 350 Member

Depends on the dealership. Had a friend a few years back, his 04 mustang GT's transmission started to act up. Took it to the local ford and they denied warranty work saying that his aftermarket x pipe caused it. Which we know is bs. Took it to another ford and they ordered him a transmission.
When I bought my 2005 mustang GT in 06 with 5k miles, thought it was 100% stock. Headlight fogged up and they replaced. Passenger seatbelt wouldn't release, they fixed. At 6k miles it developed a miss so I dropped it off. He called and said 4 spark plugs were bad. I said ok, replace them. Picked the car up and was given a $250 bill. They replaced all 8 sparkplugs. I said it has 6k miles it's under warranty. Said it doesn't since it had aftermarket plugs. Did I do that? Nope. Did they show me the plugs that were supposedly aftermarket, nope. But had to pay to get my car. Complained to Ford directly and they didn't care.
Now if you added a supercharger and your block spit out a rod...ok. But to deny warranty work due to an aftermarket part that has nothing to do with the issue... Risk you have to take.
But if you're worried, leave it alone. If not, mod away. I have a 14 too and if I took it in they would prob laugh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page