2011 GT front wheel fitment question - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By sqidd

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

2011 GT front wheel fitment question

Hello, this will be a simple question I don't know the answer to but I'm sure someone out there can tell me. I'm looking to get into autocross and currently I'm running 20" wheels staggered set up. Now although the staggered looks cool I hear a square setup is better handling wise and 20's well I find too big if you're trying to make your car perform. Anyways I've been wanting to invest in new wheels and tires. Will a 19x9.5 fit the front end of my mustang without any modification? I'm already lowered 1.25" if that makes a difference. I chose 19" over 18" because I plan on doing a big brake upgrade in the future and I hear most if not all 18" wheels will not clear big brakes. 9.5 too wide or good to go? Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

Also if a 19x9.5 will fit what offset will I need?

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016
GLOBAL MODERATOR
S197 Member

For front tires you can go as big as 285 and rears you can run up to 315 without having rubbing issues.PS Make sure you have the proper rim size to fit the rubber you are going to use.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016
Shelby Gt 350 member
S197 Member

You don't want 19's for an autoX/road course wheel. You want 18's. The tires are a lot less money and there is a bigger selection.

You can fit 315's all the way around with some work. The more popular setup is 18x10's with 285's or 295's on them.

Here is something I wrote up about offset/fitment:

There is a lot of confusion on how wheel offsets work, what wheels will fit, etc. I’m going to skip the tutorial on how wheel offset works and go straight to what offsets work with what width rims. This is not because I don’t think you should understand offset, it’s because I don’t feel like typing all of that. I recommend doing a google search on wheel offset and getting yourself familiar with how it works so you can figure this stuff out in the future.

I would also like to add that I don’t consider wheels/tires that stick out past the fenders or are even with the fenders right…..because they are NOT! Yeah, tires/wheels that are flush mounted with the fenders look cool, but there are WRONG. During semi hard cornering they will rub, period. And if they can rub, they are wrong. There is no excuse to have tires that can contact the fenders. You can run 315’s at all four corners with no rubbing if the wheel is offset correctly. Having 275-295’s that can rub, there is no excuse for.

There are a TON of “Mustang” rims out there that don’t fit! Do not just blindly take a manufacturers/vendors claims at face value. Research the fitment yourself and make sure you are getting rims/tires that fit correctly.

Here are the popular wheel widths and the offset range you want to run them in to fit CORRECTLY. Wheel diameter doesn’t matter:

Front:

There is a little more leeway with the front because the wheel/tire is tipped in at the top (camber) which allows the use of a wider rim w/ less offset than if they were perfectly straight up and down. Push these minimum offset numbers (the smaller of the two) at your own risk. Cars with 2.5deg+ of camber will be a lot more forgiving than cars running the stock 1-1.5deg of camber.

9.0” rim 33-38mm offset
9.5” rim 39-44mm offset
10” rim 44-50mm offset
10.5” rim 50-53mm offset

Rear:

9.0” rim 35-38mm offset
9.5” rim 41-44mm offset
10” rim 48-51mm offset
10.5” rim 55-58mm offset
11” rim 62-63mm offset
5.0 Coyote and RoboStang like this.

Waiting on 2019 GT500

2012 GT Vert Brembo - Stock-ish

2012 F-150 FX4 EcoBoost 4x4 406rwhp/522rwtq. The most powerful EB F-150 on the planet?

2007 GT-TSR/Stops/Turns/Custom Everything/3.4L Whipple Crusher/1000hp SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page