New here - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-18-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

New here

Hello all. I am new here. I recently picked up a 2011 GT premium with 20K miles and I love it so far. I am currently looking for wheels as I hate what is on it right now. I am looking at TSW. Does anyone have an feed back on the company?

Here is a pic

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-18-2016
Administrator
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Welcome to the site and congratulations on your new ride!

Engine mods - all stock, trust me, wanna run??!!!
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-18-2016
GT Member

It's great to have a new Mustang owner to the site.

2011 Red Candy /build 2/1/11/ 401A
MT with Redline MTL/ Brembos/355's/glass roof
Shaker 1000/Scoops/Clear bra/Steeda UCA and PH bar
Redline hood lifts/Bilsteins with Ford Racing P springs & axle bks
UPR catch can/whiteline kdt928/MGW shifter with Epco ball
Shaftmasters DS/BMR loop & relocation brackets
Nitto 555 G2's/Steeda jack rails

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016
GLOBAL MODERATOR
S197 Member

Thumbs up

Congrats on your ride,and welcome to the AFM gang,as for your wheel question, check out AMERICAN MUSCLE (vendor ) on this site, they are the best,with a huge selection great $, and fantastic customer service.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016
GT Member

Lots of good vendors...do your research so you can buy with confidence. Agreed, those wheels look like ****. TSW are nice.

2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort, etc. GT500s, Steeda UCA, VMP auto tune, 100 shot on BBR tune, best et: 11.38 at 120.85

2012 GT, Candy Red, Brembo, 3.73, Tech, Comfort, etc. Procal tune, Roush upper, UMI LCAs, Steeda red bracket, GT500s, 28X10X16 Hoosier slicks, best et: 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks everyone!

I have looked there and they do not offer the wheels that I want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Coyote View Post
Congrats on your ride,and welcome to the AFM gang,as for your wheel question, check out AMERICAN MUSCLE (vendor ) on this site, they are the best,with a huge selection great $, and fantastic customer service.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016
BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhorse44 View Post
Hello all. I am new here. I recently picked up a 2011 GT premium with 20K miles and I love it so far. I am currently looking for wheels as I hate what is on it right now. I am looking at TSW. Does anyone have an feed back on the company?

Here is a pic

Welcome and nice car OP, I had one just like it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P8230048.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	548.7 KB
ID:	528538  

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thereaper View Post
Welcome and nice car OP, I had one just like it.
Thanks, I noticed you are from mobile. I was born and raised in Alabama and just left Montgomery for Italy! Im active duty Air Force
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016
PONY Member

Welcome and nice car. I was in the USAF from '64-'68 and spent 23 months in Montgomery at the old Gunther AFB. I was a radar operator working at the old SAGE direction center there. It was a tumultuous time in our country's history, especially in the south [ Selma march etc.] It was one of the few times I've ever gotten a traffic ticket I didn't deserve. I had Il. [ "Land of Lincoln" license plates ] , the first year I was there, next year I had Alabama "Heart of Dixie" plates and no more problems. The small town of Wetumpka was just up the road from Gunther and some of my friends and I would drive my '58 Dodge there to the local burger joint. The locals used to do burnouts up a hill next to the burger joint. I had a transplanted 361 cu. in. Chrysler "B" engine in the Dodge instead of the stock 325 cu.in. poly motor. With an open diff in the Dodge it would absolutely roast the right rear tire going up the hill. Tires back then were a joke compared to what we have today, but it looked impressive. I believe TSW is a German company and makes some decent wheels. When shopping for wheels I know looks matters,[ there are some wheels I wouldn't have on my riding mower,] but there are some dimensions & qualities that are truly important. In general the larger the wheel the heavier it is. Not all wheels are as strong or as true and round as they should be. Backspace matters and not just so they clear everything. Too little backspace will increase the scrub radius. Whatever wheels you get, I suggest that they be put on a dynamic balancer BEFORE you mount the tires. This way you can find out if the wheels themselves are in perfect balance and if they are round and true. They SHOULD be, but not all of them are. OEM wheels are often heavier than we might like and you can't always find a style that you're looking for, but generally the backspace is correct and the quality is good. Car makers really don't like the bad <acronym title="Page Ranking">PR that comes from recalls and lawsuits. Enjoy your time in Italy.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRacer View Post
Welcome and nice car. I was in the USAF from '64-'68 and spent 23 months in Montgomery at the old Gunther AFB. I was a radar operator working at the old SAGE direction center there. It was a tumultuous time in our country's history, especially in the south [ Selma march etc.] It was one of the few times I've ever gotten a traffic ticket I didn't deserve. I had Il. [ "Land of Lincoln" license plates ] , the first year I was there, next year I had Alabama "Heart of Dixie" plates and no more problems. The small town of Wetumpka was just up the road from Gunther and some of my friends and I would drive my '58 Dodge there to the local burger joint. The locals used to do burnouts up a hill next to the burger joint. I had a transplanted 361 cu. in. Chrysler "B" engine in the Dodge instead of the stock 325 cu.in. poly motor. With an open diff in the Dodge it would absolutely roast the right rear tire going up the hill. Tires back then were a joke compared to what we have today, but it looked impressive. I believe TSW is a German company and makes some decent wheels. When shopping for wheels I know looks matters,[ there are some wheels I wouldn't have on my riding mower,] but there are some dimensions & qualities that are truly important. In general the larger the wheel the heavier it is. Not all wheels are as strong or as true and round as they should be. Backspace matters and not just so they clear everything. Too little backspace will increase the scrub radius. Whatever wheels you get, I suggest that they be put on a dynamic balancer BEFORE you mount the tires. This way you can find out if the wheels themselves are in perfect balance and if they are round and true. They SHOULD be, but not all of them are. OEM wheels are often heavier than we might like and you can't always find a style that you're looking for, but generally the backspace is correct and the quality is good. Car makers really don't like the bad <acronym title="Page Ranking"><acronym title="Page Ranking">PR that comes from recalls and lawsuits. Enjoy your time in Italy.
Thanks for the info brother. I lived on Gunter for most of my 6 years while stationed in Montgomery but worked on Maxwell. Thanks for sharing a story from your time there. I am sure that it has changed quite a bit since you were there last.
Rookie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhorse44 View Post

Here is a pic

welcome to AFM!!, beautiful car. random question, where was that picture taken, I like the background a lot.

The Ford Mustang is more than just a car, is passion and family.
Apprentice
S197 Member

Garage
Heck yeah man, I'm stationed at Luke and just got my first Mustang a few weeks ago. Welcome.

12 GT Brembo, MT82, 3.73 rear
Wheels/Tires - 19x10/11 SVE S350 w/ 285/35 Sumitomo HTR Z III & 305/35 Michelin Pilot Super Sports
Suspension - Strange Adj Shocks/Struts - FRPP K-Spring front, Eibach Sportline rear - J&M CC Plates - BMR LCA/Relo - Steeda Adj UCA - BMR Adj Panhard - FRPP Sway Bars - FRPP Jounce/Bump Kit
Drivetrain - Blowfish Racing Bracket - Spec Stage2 Clutch/Steel Flywheel - SVE Clutch Cable - ShaftMasters Aluminum Driveshaft
Exhaust - DNA T-304 1-7/8 Shorty Headers - Solo Mach Full Catback
Engine - Stock, for now...

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-25-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafforr2012gt View Post
welcome to AFM!!, beautiful car. random question, where was that picture taken, I like the background a lot.
Thank you. That picture is taken right outside my home in Budoia, Italy. Those are the Dolomite Mountains in the background.
rafforr2012gt likes this.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-25-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourdegrees11 View Post
Heck yeah man, I'm stationed at Luke and just got my first Mustang a few weeks ago. Welcome.
Thanks man, how do you like Luke?
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-25-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

I have settled on the TSW Bathursts in gloss gun metal. I tried ordering them from two different people and neither could get them to me here in italy. So I ordered them from Amazon and so far it looks like they are going to ship. Hopefully it works out and then they should be in here in a month or so..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page