They will get louder.

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thereaper View Post
They will get louder.
I have stored the stockers in a safe and clean location just in case. I doubt I'll have a problem selling the GT500s.

2018 Subaru Crosstrek Premium CVT
(traded my 2014 GT Premium automatic on 19 August 2017)

Last edited by Okie Hick; 12-09-2016 at 11:10 PM. Reason: added a comment
BOSS Member

Garage
They do sound good so give them a chance and enjoy the rumble.
5.0 Coyote likes this.

PONY Member

This morning I cranked the car like I do every morning for my daily trip to the local Starbucks. I'm a bit concerned about how loud the exhaust was. I hope it isn't as loud to the neighbors as it is inside the car. I am kinda prep'ing myself for complaints. I've always made it a practice to "ease" out of the neighborhood and I'll for sure continue that practice..

I'll be keeping y'all posted as to my progress toward getting used to the sound and any resulting consequences. I don't mean to be a PITA.

PONY Member

They have quieted down somewhat since initial installation. I'm starting to really enjoy the more aggressive "I'm available...turn me loose" note. They're saving me gas since it takes less of a pedal to get the sound I like. I avoid heavier acceleration without the downshift. They start to get irreverent. But after downshift all is cool and the note is invigorating!

PONY Member

OK. In previous posts I complained about the stock muffler drone at 2K rpm. According to the responses, I was the only one in the whole universe with a stock drone issue. But in reading the reviews of the GT500 exhaust, drone WAS an issue with the stockers! Maybe most of you are hearing-challenged or have the radio up too loud. So now I can dispel the fact that I might be crazy. That's a nice feeling!

BTW, I really like the 500s in disciplined town driving and on the highway. They become obnoxious when I lean into it. So I avoid a heavy pedal.

PONY Member

OK. In previous posts I complained about the stock muffler drone at 2K rpm. According to the responses, I was the only one in the whole universe with a stock drone issue. But in reading the reviews of the GT500 exhaust, drone WAS an issue with the stockers! Maybe most of you are hearing-challenged or have the radio up too loud. So now I can dispel the fact that I might be crazy. That's a nice feeling!

BTW, I really like the 500s in disciplined town driving and on the highway. They become obnoxious when I lean into it. So I avoid a heavy pedal.

PONY Member

I have single GT500 AB's on my car along with a resonator delete and I have never heard any drone with this setup but of course I never heard it with the stock system either. I think my setup sounds great and wouldn't trade it for any other.

I had a Roush AB on it originally and that got to be too loud.

Wayne

2014 GT, Sterling Gray, base model, Automatic
GT500 AB, GT500 OTA pipes
Ford STB
Bob's oil catch can
Ford aluminum finned diff. cover
Ford all weather floor mats
Ford trunk liner and cargo net
Ford locking gas filler plug and wheel locks
PONY Member

I have single GT500 AB's on my car along with a resonator delete and I have never heard any drone with this setup but of course I never heard it with the stock system either. I think my setup sounds great and wouldn't trade it for any other.

I had a Roush AB on it originally and that got to be too loud.

Wayne

Ford STB
Bob's oil catch can
Apprentice

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okie Hick View Post
This morning I cranked the car like I do every morning for my daily trip to the local Starbucks. I'm a bit concerned about how loud the exhaust was. I hope it isn't as loud to the neighbors as it is inside the car. I am kinda prep'ing myself for complaints. I've always made it a practice to "ease" out of the neighborhood and I'll for sure continue that practice..

I'll be keeping y'all posted as to my progress toward getting used to the sound and any resulting consequences. I don't mean to be a PITA.
I'm sure your neighbors appreciate this and I'd keep it up, but I'm willing to bet at least one of them is inside drooling over the sound

1997 Mustang base 3.8l manual: JBA Headers, Flowmaster True Duals, Black Staggered FR 500 Rims covering slotted/drilled rotors and Red Ford Racing Calipers, PRO 5.0 T5 Short Throw Shifter, BBK CAI and Underdrive Pulleys, Screamin Demon coil & MSD wires
Rookie

GT500's price sure increased a lot over the years.....
I paid $259.99 from LMR in 2012 & went to $309.99 shortly thereafter. Now LMR has them at $499.99!
I still love the sound & never heard a drone with them or the stockers.

Tom.......
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOGT302 View Post
GT500's price sure increased a lot over the years.....
I paid $259.99 from LMR in 2012 & went to $309.99 shortly thereafter. Now LMR has them at $499.99!
I still love the sound & never heard a drone with them or the stockers.
Mine cost $406 no tax no shipping charges. Oh I still have the drone but it can now be considered in the background since the exhaust note is front and center.... My wife who is a low or no noise advocate and drives an Outback with the CVT stated yesterday that my car now "makes a statement". LOL.... From her, that can be taken either as a plus or as a negative. I didn't ask....

PONY Member

Are you sure what you are hearing is drone? I never heard it with the stock system and I don't hear it with the GT500 system.

Ford STB
Bob's oil catch can
BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okie Hick View Post
Mine cost $406 no tax no shipping charges. Oh I still have the drone but it can now be considered in the background since the exhaust note is front and center.... My wife who is a low or no noise advocate and drives an Outback with the CVT stated yesterday that my car now "makes a statement". LOL.... From her, that can be taken either as a plus or as a negative. I didn't ask....

No pics ?

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70monte View Post
Are you sure what you are hearing is drone? I never heard it with the stock system and I don't hear it with the GT500 system.
Not sure. Maybe not. It's a moot point now. I'm just learning to enjoy the symphony thru the RPM range.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thereaper View Post
No pics ?
There isn't much to show. 4" extensions that look bad-ass. That's fairly common on this forum...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page