Views:	161
Size:	838.4 KB
ID:	547209  
5.0 Coyote likes this.

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

^^^^^The car is coated with road de-icer from yesterday and it's 20 outside....not a good prospect for a wash job! Sorry for the nastyness.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new muffs - Copy.JPG
Views:	120
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	547289  

2018 Subaru Crosstrek Premium CVT
(traded my 2014 GT Premium automatic on 19 August 2017)
BOSS Member

Garage
They look good and mounted straight. Watch the tips if you wash your car, they will cut the xxxx out of you.

PONY Member

Since we're on the subject of the 500s, I have an observation. Looking into the muffler you see a perforated plate. There's something shiny in the plate's perforations...looks like a sheet of cellophane covering the plate. Once I installed the muffs and started using them, the shiney stuff went away. Was it indeed cellophane? My muffler guy also thought it odd.

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thereaper View Post
They will get louder.
You are sooooo correct. I'm really tired of the sound and would put the stocks back on if it weren't for the problems I had with drone and resonance. I called the Ford dealer to price new stocks. The left and right sides are priced differently for some reason ($350 and $450) and total almost $800. That's crazy. I'll be scouring the junk yards for another set. In the meantime, I'm driving my '93 Ford Ranger 4x4!.....

BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thereaper View Post
In 4 months you will be putting the stockers back on.
Looks like I got that prediction right.
bigjoker likes this.

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okie Hick View Post
You are sooooo correct. I'm really tired of the sound and would put the stocks back on if it weren't for the problems I had with drone and resonance. I called the Ford dealer to price new stocks. The left and right sides are priced differently for some reason ($350 and $450) and total almost $800. That's crazy. I'll be scouring the junk yards for another set. In the meantime, I'm driving my '93 Ford Ranger 4x4!.....
I have a pair of stockers in the garage if you need them. This is for a 2013-14 correct? PM me.

2011 V6 Mustang - Premium 202A Spec (Pony Package) - SOLD!

2014 V8 Mustang - Premium 400A Spec
6 Speed Manual, 3.31 Rear
Black, Charcoal Black
Comfort Package, Security System
Rookie

Surprised....
I really like my GT500's, great sound with no drone.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
CDN5.0 likes this.

Tom.......
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOGT302 View Post
Surprised....
I really like my GT500's, great sound with no drone.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Yeah I thought the same thing when I read the thread. I love my GT500's, especially now that I removed the resonators and had 3" pipe put in.

2011 V6 Mustang - Premium 202A Spec (Pony Package) - SOLD!

2014 V8 Mustang - Premium 400A Spec
6 Speed Manual, 3.31 Rear
Black, Charcoal Black
Comfort Package, Security System
Apprentice

Garage
Looking at your previous mustangs I think it's really interesting you drove a '69 and these new GT500s bother you with noise. I have an '11 with GT500s and a tune and I personally want it a bit louder. That being said, I used to play drums and regularly shoot guns without hearing protection. My wife says I can't hear, so I may be less sensitive to the noise. I would be interested if anyone in here has stock A/B to run a phone decibel test at idle, 2k, WOT and to have Okie Hick do the same to see how much louder they are.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawyatt15 View Post
Looking at your previous mustangs I think it's really interesting you drove a '69 and these new GT500s bother you with noise. I have an '11 with GT500s and a tune and I personally want it a bit louder. That being said, I used to play drums and regularly shoot guns without hearing protection. My wife says I can't hear, so I may be less sensitive to the noise. I would be interested if anyone in here has stock A/B to run a phone decibel test at idle, 2k, WOT and to have Okie Hick do the same to see how much louder they are.
Did you remove the resonators yet on the car? This makes the GT500's a bit louder. I love the sound the car makes now.
Apprentice

Garage
I have not removed the resonators yet, shops near me want $150 just to cut and weld so I am waiting to decide between that or just getting LTH over-axle pipes so I have a way out if I don't like it.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawyatt15 View Post
I have not removed the resonators yet, shops near me want $150 just to cut and weld so I am waiting to decide between that or just getting LTH over-axle pipes so I have a way out if I don't like it.
The shop that tuned my car threw in the resonator removal and 3 inch pipe that replaced them for 120 bucks. They even painted them so they look stock.
Apprentice

Resonator removals sound great +
Off road H pipe sound amazing

GT500 mufflers
Corsa sports QUADS(not loud enough for me but very deep sounding)
FRS QUADS(best so far)
But
Borla atak QUADS sounded like a race car like sound. But that was with the stock h pipe but I did remove the resonators.

Today I will try

Corsa extremes. I will let everyone know how they sound.
PONY Member

I really didn't mind the sound of the stock GT mufflers. The problem was that my winter car, a Subaru, had bigger exhaust holes and more of them. So, I went to the GT500 quad mufflers. Now I feel much better about myself.

As far as sound, I think they are great. Louder than the stock but nowhere near something like Roush. A definite decent compromise.

I guarantee I will never change back. (of course, the single hole would look terrible with the quad valance so it's not an option anyway.)

Nice picture, thereaper.

All the best.

2014 Gray Mustang

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page