• 1 Post By PMDmustang13
  • 1 Post By stevegt2012

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-19-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Throttle Body Cleaning

Hey everyone,

I'm sure there are countless write-ups regarding this, but I can't seem to find one anywhere. What do I need to disconnect the intake hose from the throttle body? I know what to do once its disconnected, I just want to make sure I know how to get to it first.

Thanks in advance

2011 GT Premium. Auto. 93 Steeda Tune. C&L CAI. Flowmaster Thunders
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-19-2016
GT Member

Remove the plastic engine cover. Then use screwdriver or right size nut driver to loosen the band clamps at attachment to throttle body, attachment to air filter box, and the other items attached to the venturi tube.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00024 resized 60.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	733.2 KB
ID:	547305  
Kanistre13 likes this.

2013 GT, Track Pack, Recaros, Kooks Axlebacks, Airaid CAI, BMR Rear Adj. LCAs, BMR Relocation Brackets, JLT Oil Separator(s), Barton 2 Post Shifter Bracket, Steeda Motor Mounts, Barton Shifter, JHR Clutch line, BMR adj. UCA and Mount, Kooks 1 3/4 headers/catted H, DSS Al Shaft, BMR Loop, Vogtland Sport Springs front/BMR rear, Strange Adj. Struts/Shocks, Extended ball joints, Steeda Bumpsteer Kit, Whiteline Tranny Mount Bushing, Borla Overaxles, BMR Watts, Vorshlag 3" Ducts
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016
Banned

Make sure you use the right stuff labeled for throttle bodies and not just spray carburetor cleaner.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Urambo Tauro likes this.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
A friend of mine said I could use MAF cleaner. Anyone know about this?

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yee_nole View Post
A friend of mine said I could use MAF cleaner. Anyone know about this?
I believe that is for cleaning the mass flow air sensor. There are other products for cleaning the throttle body. At least that is what I gather on this amazon page. https://www.amazon.com/CRC-05110-Mas.../dp/B000J19XSA

2013 GT, Track Pack, Recaros, Kooks Axlebacks, Airaid CAI, BMR Rear Adj. LCAs, BMR Relocation Brackets, JLT Oil Separator(s), Barton 2 Post Shifter Bracket, Steeda Motor Mounts, Barton Shifter, JHR Clutch line, BMR adj. UCA and Mount, Kooks 1 3/4 headers/catted H, DSS Al Shaft, BMR Loop, Vogtland Sport Springs front/BMR rear, Strange Adj. Struts/Shocks, Extended ball joints, Steeda Bumpsteer Kit, Whiteline Tranny Mount Bushing, Borla Overaxles, BMR Watts, Vorshlag 3" Ducts
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016
PONY Member

I get a spray can of cleaner for the mass flow air sensor and a spray can of the throttle body cleaner. I clean mine every two years, get 2-3 throttle body cleaning out of a can. still on the original can for the mass flow air sensor

'Little Red'. 2011 V-6 Mustang. Automatic <acronym title="transmission">Trans</acronym>. C&L C.A.I. Ceramic Coated BBK Long Tube Headers and Catted Shorty X-Pipe. Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs. 3.73 rear gears. GT 500 Lower Control Arms. JLT Catch Can. Axle Exchange Aluminum Drive Shaft. Steeda Watts Link. Several more mods...1991 F150 4X4 61,000 miles. Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMDmustang13 View Post
I believe that is for cleaning the mass flow air sensor. There are other products for cleaning the throttle body. At least that is what I gather on this amazon page. https://www.amazon.com/CRC-05110-Mas.../dp/B000J19XSA
It is, but he recommended using the MAF cleaner for the throttle body since I'll be cleaning both. I'll end up getting a specific throttle body cleaner, just wanted to see if anyone has used MAF cleaner on the TB.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page