Where is mesh for hood? - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Sean Reilly

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Where is mesh for hood?

I just brought a new aftermarket hood for my car as you can see pictures below here. So, I need a mesh for it and that is fit with this hood. I do not know where is the mesh for hood selling. If you do then please let me know. Thank you!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170104_195240.jpeg
Views:	144
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	548849   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170104_195249.jpeg
Views:	164
Size:	933.0 KB
ID:	548857  

2011 Mustang 3.7L V6 with Airaid CAI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017
GLOBAL MODERATOR
S197 Member

Red face

Did you check with the manufacture of your hood to see if it was supposed to have mesh,if not, they might be able to tell you where you might be able to purchase what you are looking for.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017
Sean Reilly

Yeah, I just bought a "Cervinis" (Fiberglass) "Type IV Ram-Air" Hood, so I can finally STOP WORRYING about this Aluminum Hood Paint Blistering due to the Iron+Aluminum contamination that results in electrolysis that makes the Aluminum oxidize into a "Powdery" substance under the Paint!!.......I have a measly 3,000 Miles on my Tri-Coat Paint!.....And EXACTLY 2 Months after the 3-36 Warranty was up She develops Blisters on the leading edges of the hood!.......

I brought it to several of the Top Tier Paint Shops up here, and EVERY SINGLE Shop Responded with the EXACT SAME ANSWER!!......"Sure we can Re-Paint the hood.....And EVEN if they installed some "Sacrificial Zinc Anodes" (To combat the incompatibility between the fact that the Aluminum Hood indeed has STEEL screwed right into it (By means of BOTH the latch mechanism, And the Hinges themselves.....They said that there is a 99% certainty that the Blisters WILL "Without A Doubt Return", and most likely "In A MUCH SHORTER TIMEFRAME, Then the 3 Years, 2 Months that the OEM Paint on the front of the Hood "Crapped The Bed"!

So I was told to go with a Quality Aftermarket Fiberglass, or Carbon Fiber (Yeah like I could afford a Carbon-F hood!

So I went with the "Type IV Ram Air Hood! from the tried and true Cervini's!.....(As I have more than a few buddies have gotten MANY parts from them, And NOT 1 EVER had anything BUT OEM LIKE FITMENT of EVERY PART that My peeps have purchased! ......

But like you, (And I have 2 Intakes to worry about! ) And I was almost Positive that Cervinis would have either "Built In", Or some type of Mesh-Screen, that would keep debries, (Leaves, or those freakin Maple Tree "Helicoptors" from winding up sitting atop My HOT Engine!.....But since I have been out of town for the Holidays, I have yet have a Chance to give Cervinis a call to see what they suggest??......I mean my hood came with the Washer nozels and extra hose for that install....But what has me a bit Puzzeled, is that It also came with 2 Different sizes of double sided Small sized Tape?? .....I'm wondering if this is meant to hold some sort of "Mesh or Screen?"..........

I WILL be calling them tomorrow.....Is your Hood a Cervinis "Stalker" type of hood?....

Sean.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017
PONY Member

I am looking at a used Cervinis hood that looks exactly like this for a great price. I will wait and see if this issue is resolved first.

2014 Sterling gray GT 6M
Paxton Novi 2200 with torque booser and Lund tune, DW1000 injectors, JMS BAP, ATI damper
Lethal ORP, MGW shifter, BMR upper and lowers, Spicer 1 piece DS, Ram Single disk clutch with aluminum flywheel, Power leather seat conversion. Staggered wheels.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagozaga View Post
I just brought a new aftermarket hood for my car as you can see pictures below here. So, I need a mesh for it and that is fit with this hood. I do not know where is the mesh for hood selling. If you do then please let me know. Thank you!
Can you order it painted from them?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017
Sean Reilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogan01 View Post
Can you order it painted from them?
I know that "Cervinis" offers to Paint their Products with ANY Ford OEM color that has been used in the past 25 Years ( But keep in mind, Tri-Coat-Tinted Clear Coat, Paint Jobs COST EXTRA! And in the Past ( 1993-2008 ) Ford did NOT Charge extra for Tri-Coat, or "Candy" style Paint jobs, i.e Lazer Red, Dark Red Candy Tinted Clear Coat, etc......As Ford themselves only Started Adding Cost to the Tri-Coats and "Candies" in 2010-MY. The only Exception were the 2 CRAZY EXPENSIVE "B.A.S.F." Based paints such as the 1996 "MYSTIC", and the 2003 "MYSTICHROME" Chromatic Blue which were Cobra ONLY colors......

Cervinis Guarantees a "Show Quality" Paint job For (My Hood, and Since it is a "Candy" Paint, the Price is $600.00 for the Top side, and another $275.00 for the bottom side, $875.00 Total. And they WILL adjust for UV Fading if you send them a High-Res Picture of your Car! ; ) ........I myself did NOT Choose to go with a painted Hood, as I didnt trust "Shipping" AND there was also a 2.5 Month wait!!....Plus I have a Painter that KNOWS what kind of a Freak I am when it comes to Perfection! ; ) LOL!

I Will say this though!.......I AM TOTALLY AMAZED AT THE SHEAR QUALITY OF THIS HOOD!! As I just Cannot BELIEVE HOW MUCH "GEL-COAT" that is on the Fiberglass! AND HOW FREAKIN SMOOTH THAT IT IS!!.....I Shite you not!...If My Stang was Performance white, I could Bolt this thing RIGHT ON, WITHOUT ANY FURTHER BODY PREP. OR EVEN PAINT!! TO THIS HOOD!....I SWEAR TO YOU PEEPS, This HOOD IS ABSOLUTELY FLAWLESS!........

Sean
5.0 Coyote and crjackson2134 like this.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017
PONY Member

Thank you for the kind response Sean! That price is actually not too bad - but I see your concern about shipping.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017
PONY Member

I also have a Type IV Cervini's hood, there isn't a mesh they offer for it. The best you can do is either buy some mesh and cut it/install yourself or get the duct work and CAI (if you don't have one already). I went with the latter and it looks pretty good.

2011 V6 Mustang - Premium 202A Spec (Pony Package) - SOLD!

2014 V8 Mustang - Premium 400A Spec
6 Speed Manual, 3.31 Rear
Black, Charcoal Black
Comfort Package, Security System
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017
GT Member

I really like the look of the hood and functionality of the scoops. Just curious as to if that CAI also gets air from in front the grille also as do the OEM CAI's and if you have noticed any changes in the CAI temperatures?

2013 GT, Track Pack, Recaros, Kooks Axlebacks, Airaid CAI, BMR Rear Adj. LCAs, BMR Relocation Brackets, JLT Oil Separator(s), Barton 2 Post Shifter Bracket, Steeda Motor Mounts, Barton Shifter, JHR Clutch line, BMR adj. UCA and Mount, Kooks 1 3/4 headers/catted H, DSS Al Shaft, BMR Loop, Vogtland Sport Springs front/BMR rear, Strange Adj. Struts/Shocks, Extended ball joints, Steeda Bumpsteer Kit, Whiteline Tranny Mount Bushing, Borla Overaxles, BMR Watts, Vorshlag 3" Ducts
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMDmustang13 View Post
I really like the look of the hood and functionality of the scoops. Just curious as to if that CAI also gets air from in front the grille also as do the OEM CAI's and if you have noticed any changes in the CAI temperatures?
Yes, the ducting redirects the air from the scoops and also the front of the grill like the OEM air box. The bottom of the CAI enclosure connects to the OEM ducting.

As far as the temperatures, normally intake air now is 10 degrees above ambient, I don't remember how it was running prior to going with the Cervini's hood.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page