Yes- I'd Like an Adjustable Clutch Setup if made available. 4 57.14%
No Really, I'm good with what I have. 3 42.86%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-26-2017 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thumbs up Update

Sorry this thread has been quiet lately, I've been busy pushing things forward with this project and continuing my testing. Been enjoying the 13/16" Bore unit in my 08' GT500 immensely and can click off 1-2 shifts at 6500 under boost even with the squishy oem shifter reinstalled in the car so the increased fluid flow definitely does the trick. Also completely gone is the stiffness going into first or reverse when cold that I was getting before and can still engage 1st or R even with the clutch not right to the floor so it's had the intended effect. Daily driving and low rpm shifts it's smooth as butter with only a half depress of the clutch pedal and zero notch from the shifter, just slides right in. So quite happy with the results thus far in testing.

Here's a few update photos of what I've been working on. The top mounting blocks for these cylinders have been sent out to be done on a local shop's CNC as well as the new adjustable 1-pc Billet Aluminum Rod Ends I had made for the project. The rod ends also get a press fit high load bronze bearing custom machined to match the stud on the factory pedal arm with zero slop/lash. Photo of the finished cylinder is the 13/16" Bore unit currently installed in my car along with a few photos of it bolted up to the factory pedal assembly. Now that I've had my factory pedal out a few times I can disconnect everything, pull the whole pedal unit out, replace the cylinder, reinstall the pedal unit and bleed the system in about 30 mins flat so it's a pretty straight forward install.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1 (Small).jpg
Views:	138
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	558393   Click image for larger version

Name:	2 (Small).jpg
Views:	133
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	558401   Click image for larger version

Name:	3 (Small).jpg
Views:	124
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	558409   Click image for larger version

Name:	4 (Small).jpg
Views:	121
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	558417   Click image for larger version

Name:	5 (Small).jpg
Views:	125
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	558425  

Click image for larger version

Name:	6 (Small).jpg
Views:	194
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	558433   Click image for larger version

Name:	7 (Small).jpg
Views:	188
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	558441   Click image for larger version

Name:	9 (Small).jpg
Views:	121
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	558449   Click image for larger version

Name:	8 (Small).jpg
Views:	128
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	558457  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Garage
Send a message via AIM to night rider
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJMP View Post
Sorry this thread has been quiet lately, I've been busy pushing things forward with this project and continuing my testing. Been enjoying the 13/16" Bore unit in my 08' GT500 immensely and can click off 1-2 shifts at 6500 under boost even with the squishy oem shifter reinstalled in the car so the increased fluid flow definitely does the trick. Also completely gone is the stiffness going into first or reverse when cold that I was getting before and can still engage 1st or R even with the clutch not right to the floor so it's had the intended effect. Daily driving and low rpm shifts it's smooth as butter with only a half depress of the clutch pedal and zero notch from the shifter, just slides right in. So quite happy with the results thus far in testing.

Here's a few update photos of what I've been working on. The top mounting blocks for these cylinders have been sent out to be done on a local shop's CNC as well as the new adjustable 1-pc Billet Aluminum Rod Ends I had made for the project. The rod ends also get a press fit high load bronze bearing custom machined to match the stud on the factory pedal arm with zero slop/lash. Photo of the finished cylinder is the 13/16" Bore unit currently installed in my car along with a few photos of it bolted up to the factory pedal assembly. Now that I've had my factory pedal out a few times I can disconnect everything, pull the whole pedal unit out, replace the cylinder, reinstall the pedal unit and bleed the system in about 30 mins flat so it's a pretty straight forward install.
Very nice. I like your 1 pc billet aluminum rod end with the bronze bearing. I'm sure you could sell a lot of them if you could make them to fit to replace the plastic piece that should have been made in metal.
Quote:

Bought New 05 Black GT coupe / TR-3650 / C&L Racer c.a.i / 94 custom race tune / Barton shifter / Exedy Mach 500 clutch / Ram billet steel flywheel / Ford racing stainless steel hard clutch line / 2014 GT500 forged aluminum clutch m.c/ Napa premium grade front l.c.a / Baer slotted cross-drilled front rotors / Roush pedal kit / AutoMeter Digital voltmeter / Compustar Pro 2 way Security system.
Rookie

Aloha RJMP,
I'm very interested on your pump for my 2011gt500 800hp w/ shelby clutch please let me know if I can buy one!
Mahalo

Rookie

ignore this...

Last edited by KevinR15; 08-17-2017 at 10:23 PM. Reason: duplicate
Rookie

Quote:
Have you made any further progress? I'm looking to replace my Master Clutch Cylinder ASAP (not a daily driver) and would love to be a guinea pig.
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinR15 View Post
Have you made any further progress? I'm looking to replace my Master Clutch Cylinder ASAP (not a daily driver) and would love to be a guinea pig.
Hi Kevin,
Thanks for your interest in this project. I'm hoping to have this wrapped up and ready to roll in the fall. I was originally hoping to have things completed back in the spring but sales of my other products went crazy in March and things haven't let up since. So my R&D time to work on this project has been slimto none lately as I've been pulling 70-80hr weeks building my currently available Nissan adjustable clutch products. Another reason for the hold up is after getting the prototype large bore HD master cylinder in my 08' GT500 I decided the factory plastic pedal assembly is just too weak and flimsy. My factory pedal assembly flexes like a wet noodle when I pump my pedal with the whole plastic pedal mount flexing downward and to the right as pressure is applied which moves the master cylinder linkage from pushing perfectly straight in/out to pushing at an off angle which isn't good. So in light of that I've started development on a complete replacement for the plastic factory pedal box that will be much stronger/stiffer with precision pedal pivots on both clutch and brake pedal as the brake pedal arm moves all over too under pressure!
As well I'll be incorporating the adjustable fulcrum point system that I developed originally for use on the 350Z/370Z Nissan clutch pedals I manufacture to give these new Mustang pedal system a far greater adjustment capability then just threading the clutch rod end in or out.
So while nothing is available yet I do have good things in the works for the S197 platform.

Thanks,
Ryan- RJMP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page