Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Thereaper

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Garage
cam tunes sct tuner

Hi all

Can someone tell me if the stc 4 tuner can put in a cam tune. Is it bad for the car. What does it do. Give me the pros and cons. Does anyone have them. does it give the car the stutter sound. Sorry no????? marks.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20150822-00215.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	822.1 KB
ID:	563217  

GO BIG OR GO HOME
5.0 coyote
BBK cold air intake
SCT tuner with 91 tune
roush axle back
Go BILLS

91 tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017
Rookie

Garage
Hey there,

Not sure if you are referring to a tune for your car after you have put an aftermarket cam in your car, or if you are referring to a Ghost Cam Tune.

I will address both -

To put it simply neither are bad for the car (unless done wrong I guess)

A tune for a car with an aftermarket cam would just need a custom tune (or SHOULD have one I should say). This means that whoever is tuning your car whether it is MPT, Lund, or whoever else that does custom tunes, will just ask for what modifications you have to your mustang. As long as you tell them that you have an aftermarket cam, they will make accommodations for that.

A ghost cam tune is where your car does not have a cam, however, the tune programs the car to sound like one has been installed (hence the "ghost"). With v6 cars I have heard that MPT is the best (maybe the only right now since BAMA stopped selling theirs) ghost cam tuning company. Along with that tune is performance upgrades as well. Also, you should be able to request having a ghost cam with fuel economy/more low end torque/Hp. They are very good at what they do. With 8 cylinder mustangs I hear that LUND is the best (MPT also has one) provider of the Ghost cam tune. Both serve the same purpose.

It essentially makes the car have a lopey sound like the old muscle cars you see in movies

I honestly haven't looked into LUNDs tunes at all, so I am not sure if they can be loaded with SCT 4's but I would assume they can be. MPT does allow you to load a tune with your tuner for sure!

As for whether or not it is good for the car, I would say it is perfectly fine. I haven't heard of any problems with them - other than BAMAs when it came out - and they have been updated very nicely.

Pros:
Sounds very nice
It is a performance tune

Cons:

The "Ghost Cam" part is just for show (but it comes as a performance tune so not sure if this is actually a con)

I will add more if I think of any but another way to think of it is that it is just another performance tune that changes the way your car sounds. That's all it really is. If you like the sound of it go for it, if not there are other tunes!

Here is a video (skip to 35 seconds to hear it):

Good-luck
Chase D.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017
BOSS Member

Garage
Cam tune works better with a cat delete as it dumps fuel in the cats and can cause issues.
crjackson2134 likes this.

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Garage
thanks guys

GO BIG OR GO HOME
5.0 coyote
BBK cold air intake
SCT tuner with 91 tune
roush axle back
Go BILLS

91 tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page