Ford Mustang Forum banner

Help to decide bet. Roush V6 RS or V8 GT

2K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  2012bigredstang 
#1 ·
Hi guys! Hope you all doing fine. Anyway, the title itself is self explanatory.

I checked both cars. Both in grabber blue color. Both 2013 model. So here how it goes.

I am confused between the two. 2013 v6 price is a bit higer with a cleaner exterior/interior and with only 30,000kms on its mileage. Overall the v6 has the advantage in most aspects. But not that much. 2013 V8 GT price is at least 1,300 dollars cheaper than the v6, but with 90,000kms mileage.

I mean The GT v8's avantage only is the engine capacity and some some added features on a GT of course . But overall v6's body and interior is cleaner with a lower mileage. What do you think guys is my best bet? Should i go for the v8 coz it has more power and a bit cheaper or should i go with the smaller engine v6 for a cleaner inside/outside and low mileage? I'll be using it for daily drive.

Note: 2013 V6 roush rs and 2013 V8 GT premium

No sticker is v6 roush rs and with sticker is V8 gt

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I see no rational reason why any V6 should command the price of any GT.

Local market, there is like a 13K price gap V6 to GT. the GT will depreciate in a predictable manner, with the V6, who knows what happens.

#3 ·
Like said before. The V6 doesn't have the Roush wheels. It 'might' be a clone :(

#14 ·
Most of the Roush GT's are originally Brembo and Track Pack Cars, Roush puts the Brembo Tires and wheels on the RS, when I was looking for mine I did not see one V6 RS with Roush wheels, all were Brembo wheels. The one Lance had they could have put them on for $3000.

#7 ·
If you get the v6 you're always going to regret not having the v8...

#8 ·
But i am also considering some factors here like. The current condition of the car. So you mean, most of you here will opt to choose the faster car regardless of the condition? And the fact that GT has 90k kms on its mileage vs V6 with only 30k kms. So is it not a big deal?

#9 ·
Really like the mileage of the V6. Big difference!

I had a 2011 V6. Loved it. Honestly, love the '14 GT quite a bit more. Sorry to say that. It sounds like you want to pull the trigger on the V6. It looks great, by the way. I don't think I could go for a 90,000 KM car when there are so many low mileage mustangs out there.

Any chance a 2013 - 2014 GT will come available right down the street from you with more options next week for five grand less? Hope so.

You will enjoy either for sure.

All the best.

#10 ·
90k km is only like 56k miles, so it isnt that bad. Personally I would never consider a v6 Mustang, but that's me and my biases.

#11 ·
Buy the V6 and add a procharger!

With just the straight comparison I wouldn't consider the V8 with the difference in mileage (kilometerage?). There has to be another V8 out there with less miles to compare. That or the Roush is overpriced, which I'm guessing it is. Probably trying to take advantage of the name and mileage.

I had an '11 grabber blue, automatic, V6, so I'll tell you why I don't own it anymore. It was a great low mileage car that I got for a killer deal, which is why I bought it. I sold it for the same price 3 years later, so that tells you how good the price was. I thought a V6 auto would be a great commuter, which it was. Even though rated at 305hp all the power and torque is on the high end. I spent most of my time trying to get it to sound and perform like a V8. I did every mod available except forced induction. This doesn't mean I was unhappy with it, it just was missing something...the low end torque, sound and acceleration of a V8. So that is obviously a personal preference and you need to decide how much of all that you need or want. I was getting ready to add a procharger when I came across a great deal on a supercharged Bullitt (I'm a bullitthead at heart) so I made the switch.

All that said I really like the looks of the Roush and I understand why you're drawn to it. I like the low mileage as well. I'm really serious, if you can afford it add the procharger or turbo and you'll have the best of everything, at least for the average driver. Though you'll never get the sound. If you can't afford to do that then get the V8 or find another (I know, I just contradicted myself). You should offer them a lower number on the Roush, tell them you are looking at a near identical V8 that is cheaper and see what they do. Then you can afford the forced induction!

Good luck with the decision.

#12 · (Edited)
thanks bro. I did my research and in fairness for both. They have the cheapest or at least reasonable price when i checked almost all of the sites just to get an idea how much they will cost. I am also confused why stangs price are quite high here in uae given the fact that we don't have taxes here at all. Perhaps because of the specs (GCC specs). They need to convert it to specs that can accumulate the harsh weather of uae? You know the hot weather, sands and all.

#13 ·
V8 GT all the way!!! I just purchased mine yesterday in the same color as you're looking at (Grabber Blue). The sound of the V8 5.0 Coyote is so intoxicating, especially when you give it a little gas on the highway; it's music to a car enthusiasts ears (I've noticed I don't turn on my radio after getting the GT). Ultimately test drive both and see what you like, but I'm putting my money on you picking the GT after you test drive both of them.:grin: Also, I think the GT looks better cosmetically when compared with those two pictures.

#16 ·
I would find another GT.

The Roush's do not hold their value like a Shelby. I have a Stage 2 and I paid a bunch up front to get what I wanted. And not regrets by the way. Now after 3 1/2 years it is barely worth more that a comparable GT. I have no plans to get anything else in the near future. Love mine!

Find a low mileage GT out there and go for it.

The V6 looks very nice, but this really depends on what you are looking for in a car. The V6 is a great car, will get better fuel mileage. If you are looking for a daily driver it might be a better car... For you, but you can say that I am a V8 bigot and would always rather go with a solid V8. Give me more power. The GT you have looks very nice, but that seems like a lot of miles when I see them around 20-30k miles (32-39K km) around here all the time.:smile:

Get what you like! It is yours not mine.

#20 ·
Thanks for an honest inputs bro. Honestly, v8 stangs here are way costly compared there in the states. A fairly good to very good GT here costs around 19-20k dollars with at least an average km reading on it. So far these two deals has a reasonable price compared to the rest.

I was quite impressed with how the owner of the V6 is able to preserve the car's good condition esp the interior. Inside is sooo clean. That is the main asset of that v6. It's obvious since it only has 30k kms on it. And for the fact the he owns luxurious cars including a ferrari. I can go and choose that v8 anytime of the day except for the high kilometer it has. That is one of the things which bothers me, and yes, including the warranty thing. V8 warranty has expired whilst V6 owner has extended the warranty till 2019. It's becoming more of a headache to me now. But i can feel the excitement more of owning one! 😊

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.