American Muscle Rep/Discount Code - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Coyote View Post
ATTENTION: I called A/M today as I said in an earlier post and explained some of the concerns and complaints, along with the positives.Kevin returned my phone call 3 hours later,which I believe to be A+ service, and he was very nice and understanding,there are rules and regulations regarding the discount code,which he explained to me,you MUST have 50 posts to qualify for the discount.A/M is a great company, as I have also done business with them,so lets all take a deep breath and have a little patience. If you need the code, and qualify for it PM me,I have it.
5.0 Coyote
That's great to hear, please PM me with the code. An update to AM's forum post explaining how to get the discount code is probably needed now that there is a way.

As for caranderson's rant obviously aimed at me, well how about applying some logic to your thought process of why people are upset at AM?

1 you make a policy for giving out a generic forum discount code that obviously doesn't hurt your bottom line
2 the person tasked with giving out the discount code either no longer exists or stops doing their job
3 you receive numerous calls asking about the code because no one can get it.
You do nothing about it
4 months go by and negative forum comments start growing, still nothing is done
5 reputable companies like LMR offer a code without question
6 I wonder what is going to happen?

AM is 100% responsible for the situation. It's poor management at it's finest. If I actually get a code, and other forum members stop having trouble getting codes I will stop criticizing them, simple as that.

Leo41 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Don't know maybe a pet peeve of mine but when you have a company and you don't actively market and communicate with your captive direct customer base that's just horrible business.

I've noticed that too being all late to the scene as I am. Older posts.. AM interacting, discount codes, etc, same with Ford and Deysha, now... flatline. It's like these cars got a few years on them and they all pulled out. It's not like American Muscle sells to Camaro owners, or Hellcats.. they do Mustangs, period. It ain't much to market to at all. They should be active and all over every Mustang group and forum.

Dealing with them.. Well they are nice on the phone. I asked about a Magnaflow competition axleback exhaust. They told me the one listed as "race" in the catalog is that one. I had to disagree as it obviously was not. After pointing out what I knew to be true they started asking around to each other in the office, and no one had an answer, it was Justin I talked to. So I called Magnaflow with part #'s and decriptions and they verified the competition was not made for 13-14 GT as an axleback at all, only catback. As he asked me to I called back to tell AM (Justin) the answer they did not know. This blew my mind as this is ALL they do.

Next.. I ordered a McLeod clutch line, and wanted it fast. I had gotten my Flowmaster axleback in 2 days with no special shipping, and so I paid them for a rush to guarantee delivery fast for the line. Well a week later it shows up. I got an email asking to rate them which you can imagine I did as someone who felt they just got ripped off. I even asked for a callback, and explaination... nothing.

Sorry, I just don't agree. We are their market, we buy from them, are willing to pay top dollar to them, they should serve and cater to us, we are the very reason for them to exist. Without the the Mustang enthusiast crowd they would not be.

Rookie

I guess I better start posting more. Lol
5.0 Coyote likes this.

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa Pap View Post
I guess I better start posting more. Lol
Me too! Well, that's one post closer!
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

AM is so inactive & unresponsive here that I was going to remove them from the forum. I checked first with the site owners & was told that they are still paying to be here, so I left them alone. Not sure why they would pay & not be here. This is not the only site they are paying to be on & not active on either. Must be some secret type of marketing strategy.
Leo41 likes this.

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
GLOBAL MODERATOR
S197 Member

Well from all of the PM's that I have receieved,it looks like the A/M discount code has been taken care of,if anyone has any further problems, please feel free to PM me,thank you all for your understanding and patience.
5.0 Coyote
kenv, huberoy123 and Leo41 like this.
PONY Member

Quote:
Well from all of the PM's that I have receieved,it looks like the A/M discount code has been taken care of,if anyone has any further problems, please feel free to PM me,thank you all for your understanding and patience.
5.0 Coyote

Thank you Sir. I might call them too and tell them the crowd over here feels a bit left out, come say hi once in awhile.
5.0 Coyote likes this.
Apprentice
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
5.0 Coyote

Ehh still haven't gotten that PM...
post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017 Thread Starter
PONY Member

my code worked FYI. Placed my order today.

It will come.
5.0 Coyote likes this.
GLOBAL MODERATOR
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourdegrees11 View Post
Ehh still haven't gotten that PM...
Sorry,I missed you on the list,PM sent.
5.0 Coyote
Rookie

How much is the discount code worth?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Regular forum discount used to be 5%. Sale discounts used to be more. Of course with them being absent here, I don`t know what their policy is nowadays.

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-21-2017 Thread Starter
PONY Member

6%
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenv View Post
Regular forum discount used to be 5%. Sale discounts used to be more. Of course with them being absent here, I don`t know what their policy is nowadays.
Last year the code was worth 6% flat - regular or sale items. FWIW I had a cow about an issue with AM a while back. They refused to honor a posted price and finally offered me a little less than the forum discount on an item not on sale. Posted my experience on several social media sites and their head of social marketing contacted us and offered to honor the price. We accepted - though when we called in the salesperson on the phone didn't believe us at first. So bottomline is they did the right thing and took care of us. I'm happy. And there are still managers there that understand the customer is important.
5.0 Coyote likes this.

DT

2010 GT Premium / Automatic / RapidSpec 401A Leather Interior / MMD Decklid Panel / MMD Classic Quarter Window Louvers / MMD Black Tail Light Trim / GT500 Splash Guards / GT Valve Caps / FRPP GT500 Brake Cooling Shields / FRPP-SVT GT500 Cooling Fan / Steeda LCAs / Whiteline Front Sway, RTR Rear / Whiteline Adj Panhard / Redline Hood Struts / JLT Oil Separator / JLT Series 3 Cold Air Intake / Pypes O/R X-pipe / Pypes Violators Axelbacks / Steeda UDP / Steeda CMDPlugs / Brenspeed Tune
Rookie

Good to know. Sometimes you have to jump through hoops but as long as they take care of it in the end is what matters

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page