'bout time to trade? - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Okie Hick

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017 Thread Starter
PONY Member

'bout time to trade?

I really love my car. But I bought it on July 9, 2014 with a total of 15 miles as my last fling at youth (I'm 73). I have really enjoyed it and the compliments it continues to draw. It recently turned 50K miles, has been babied and trouble free. The engine hasn't seen 5K rpm and maybe 5 or less times has it been over 4K rpm. It's like new inside and out with the only blemish being a small scratch on the top center front bumper.

I really like the 2018 Subaru Crosstrek XV. The dealer here just got in the exact XV that I want priced at $26.5K. I took my GT in for an appraisal this afternoon. Their offer was $20K. The KBB value at trade in is $22K. I told the salesman that I could bring $22k - 23K from a private buyer. He IMMEDIATELY said that he wouldn't blame me for going that route. So I thanked them and left.

I could tell that they really didn't want it but were willing to take it for a low ball figure. I think that the market for used muscle cars is weak. Add that to the fact that there are so many Mustangs on the road in the Tulsa area. If it were a rare breed, the story would be different.

In summary, I'll just keep enjoying my GT until <whenever>....

5.0 Coyote likes this.

2018 Subaru Crosstrek Premium CVT
(traded my 2014 GT Premium automatic on 19 August 2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017
Apprentice

Garage
I am with ya man, but try Bring a trailer or local advertising before you let it go. You know the market will let you know the value.

2005 Mustang GT Brenspeed 530 hp Saleen Supercharger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page