Thinking of new car - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

After you buy the Suby the best little Subaru shop around is next door to my work in East Tennessee

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/Siberexpress/Sterling/Stripes/af58edf0-2e2e-4ffe-a201-405b00a627bc_zpseb5ae052.jpg
2013 Performance Package V6
2013 F150 6.2L Boss
Yes it is a Boss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member

appointments set up to look at WRX & Vette this wknd.

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Sounds like fun, keep us posted.

What kind of Vette?

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day

PONY Member

Just shoot me now. I know, Mustang forum. I love mine, but I'm a car guy and like all cars.

You can find a 14 or 15 Camaro SS with the 1LE package for a decent price now days, and that 1LE package is something special. Anyways, I'm probably going to get banned now for talking about a Camaro haha. I personally wont buy one, but only because of a personal grudge against GM (used to work for them), but the 1LE package is nice.

2014 Mustang GT Premium 401a; "Now you can add Premium to your signature." - Thereaper
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-20-2017 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member

so much for looking at a new Vette

My Love said no to $50-60K "I'd rather have a 2nd home" but she did say something along the line of if you can get it for 1/2 that price. I am going to translate that into I can still consider $25-30K which is a WRX or maybe a new GT. I am expecting good deals on the 2017's with the upgrades coming with 2018.

SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Well, good luck Jim. These are the kind of first world problems that we should all have. As mentioned, post some pics of whatever you get.

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
PONY Member
S197 Member

Garage
Mud take it from me, if you want something else go find a 14 Track Pack - I loved my '12 V6 PP as you know but this Track Pack I traded it on is a whole other world. The Subby and the BRZ are nice but just don't have the lust factor that you're used to - and the BRZ will drive you crazy with the lack of power as in "damn I wish this thing had another hundred horse"
And friends don't let friends buy Miata's - the Vette is disappointingly un-useful - no storage and no third friend in a pinch capability.
At least go take a 5.0 SN-197 for a twist - you'll be surprised - I know I was

Scott
5.0 Coyote and crjackson2134 like this.

2014 GT Track Pack/Brembo/Recaro/Whiteline suspension system/Blowfish Racing shifter bracket - the 3.73 Torsen is so loud now that, with all due respect to Wade Chamberlain, BadFast has been renamed "The Whining Mistress"
F5 MKII
07 FatBoy
04 1200 XLC
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-26-2017 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member

drove the BRZ and WRX. The B was nice, but you will never be able to pass anyone on a two lane blacktop. I liked the W although it was not as fun as my friends who has an older one. It is more of what I would call a mid-size car. If they still had a hatchback it would be something I would consider The bigger issue is it would be my car AND 18K. that is getting a decent price for new and trade in.

I am setting up a drive in a GTI and will look at GT and ecoboost stang but think with the GT I'll still have the my car and 18K issue. I doubt I'll think the upgrade will be worth it to me.

I'm at the Subi dealership getting a trade in value which I had already looked up online and know that $12K is the going rate for my low mile, good condition V6. They are working up numbers and asked "Is it a Shelby or Boss 302?" Honesty can stink at times.......
CDN5.0 likes this.

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member

drove the GTI....really liked how it drove and it's size (Mud likes hot hatchbacks!). reliability scares me......the VW dealer was not interested in my Stang would wholesale it out and wanted to give me only 8K for it I did hear him talking with the wholesaler saying "the guy treats it like it's his kid" but it also is coming up on winter in CT. Made it priced close to a WRX. But it was a hoot to drive. lots of torque starting at 2k, fuelly says 29 mpg, hatchback, tossable.

So if you have ever dealt with German engineering. Sometimes it is brilliant but this example is one of the why? In the center of the hatch is a 2" diameter VW medallion that you press to open the hatch. When you put it in reverse it pivots out with a motor and is also the rear view camera. Everyone and their cousin makes small cameras that just require a hole for mounting. Why would you make it motorized and specialized?

will prob look at a 2017 GT but my grass is looking greener.

SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

yeah I have mixed feelings about "German engineering" also; sometimes they do seem to overcomplicate things

I had one of the original Rabbit GTI's back in ~ 1983? and it was a very fun car but also had some annoying minor quality issues. I'm sure they are a completely different animal now.

Just not feeling the C6 Vette, eh?
https://nwct.craigslist.org/cto/d/20...301748299.html
https://worcester.craigslist.org/cto...294945178.html

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
PONY Member

Garage
You could totally still get the mustang to handle in a way that suits what you want... but it sounds like you're just kinda done with it.
That being said I'd trade my 5.0 for a c6z in a heartbeat
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member

I did do suspension on my stang....1 1/2 drop/shocks/all the extras. It is faster on two lane blacktop than is wise to go. it is the lack of feel that is my complaint. well that and JBert trying to get me in trouble with the Mrs..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page