LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to steverinaz
Lucas in the '13 Coyote? Yay-Nay?

Hello AFMer's,

So I switched gears for a bit, sold both ponies and went with an F150, 4x, FX4 with the 'yote. Being no stranger to 32 valve love, I posed a similar question in 2 F150 forums and got squat...the action is here!!

Here goes:

"Hello my fellow Fordies;

So, I'm really enjoying the '13 FX4 with the 'yote. I have added the JLT oil separator and just had my 1st LOF- Mobil 1 with M1 filter. 5W-20...

I've always used Lucas for dry-start protection and my '01 stang lost cylinder 5 compression from PO at 205k. The 5W-20 I get; but seems thin and am curious to what you use for oil/filter and if Lucas is a plus or a waste. 48k miles, want this girl to run 300k..."

Any feedback would be great, waiting for the clock to pass 60k and an SCT Tune is on the way!!!

TIA!!!

2013 F150 FX4 SuperCrew ■ 5.0 ■ Daily Driver
1988 Mustang LX DropTop ■ 5.0*■ In Progress
2001 Mustang GT ■ 4.6L SOHC ■ Daily Driver ■ SOLD
1996 Mustang Cobra ■ #1287 ■ 4.6L 32V ■ SOLD
1989 F150 XLT Lariat 4x4 ■ 5.0L ■ SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017
PONY Member

I run 5w-20 as recommended. I always run either motorcraft or mobil 1 oil and either motorcraft, mobil 1, or a wix oil filter. I don't really know how much if any lucas does or doesn't help. There is some stuff called Liqui-Moly that I have heard works good.

steverinaz likes this.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017
PONY Member

Garage
I run Mobil 1 5w-20 and Lucas synthetic oil stabilizer since I purchased my 2013 and learned about this "tick" issue everyone seems so worried about. It may have been my imagination, but I thought I heard ticking and had read that Ford was using an additive during oil changes. Not sure if any of that was true, but decided to try the Lucas stabilizer just in case. No ticking and no issues at all, and currently at 46K. And my car has been only a weekend cruiser for 2 years now so sits most of the time, so the extra peace of mind the Lucas offers helps.
steverinaz likes this.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-20-2017
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I have used Lucas products in some of my previous vehicles & while I can`t say it did or did not do anything positive, perception is reality, so it made me feel better. I also have a `17 FX4 with the 5.0 & right now I only use Ford`s recommended Motorcraft oil & have zero problems with the truck.

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page