Mud says goodbye. - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member

2 year update!

So I had some Woman on a bicycle stop me yesterday and say "nice GTI" and go on about hers so I figured I'd post an update. I am loving this car, as a drivers car it is more fun at slightly lower speeds on the two lane twisty back roads I enjoy. I don't go as fast as I had to in my full suspension mustang but it feels faster and while it is still get in trouble speeds they are not go to jail speeds. 33 mpg, room for 4 adults and earlier this year I drove to NJ to p/up a roof rack and came back with 6 18" tires and a spare that all fit in (seats folded down).

I haven't done many mods to it, red mirror caps, a 3D printer (forum member) CAI/Ram Air system, factory sub-woofer (Helix), and because German you can program various setting in car to your preference. I debate about removing a limiter in clutch and a short shifter but it doesn't really need it unlike my Stang did. If it continues to be reliable it will become the best car I've ever owned (1990 Integra). I do miss all the jealous looks and "nice car" I used to get with my Stang and the Stang was a better hwy cruiser but for me this is more fun and way more practical.

I hope you all are doing good, it's almost Durham Fair time and as I type this I can hear the boys working on my Garage Mahal (40 x 40!). I haven't really mentioned it to Mrs Mud but she knows sooner or later I'm going to want a Sunday go to picnic car.

Mud

not in this picture but I did paint the rails on the rack black.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190731_125536305.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	152.8 KB
ID:	611617  
5.0 Coyote and my89foxbody like this.

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Administrator
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Good to hear you're enjoying it!

5.0 Coyote likes this.

Engine mods - all stock, trust me, wanna run??!!!
GLOBAL MODERATOR
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Thanks for the update.

Have you priced a new key fob for a VW.? Just curious. Guard it with dear life.

----------------------------
2012 Mustang GT, Roush 2300 Black
2006 Mustang V6 Manual Legend Lime Sold
2019 Charger Scat Pack White
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 060 GBNF
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 059 Sold

GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
So I had some Woman on a bicycle stop me yesterday and say "nice GTI" and go on about hers so I figured I'd post an update. I am loving this car, as a drivers car it is more fun at slightly lower speeds on the two lane twisty back roads I enjoy. I don't go as fast as I had to in my full suspension mustang but it feels faster and while it is still get in trouble speeds they are not go to jail speeds. 33 mpg, room for 4 adults and earlier this year I drove to NJ to p/up a roof rack and came back with 6 18" tires and a spare that all fit in (seats folded down).

I haven't done many mods to it, red mirror caps, a 3D printer (forum member) CAI/Ram Air system, factory sub-woofer (Helix), and because German you can program various setting in car to your preference. I debate about removing a limiter in clutch and a short shifter but it doesn't really need it unlike my Stang did. If it continues to be reliable it will become the best car I've ever owned (1990 Integra). I do miss all the jealous looks and "nice car" I used to get with my Stang and the Stang was a better hwy cruiser but for me this is more fun and way more practical.

I hope you all are doing good, it's almost Durham Fair time and as I type this I can hear the boys working on my Garage Mahal (40 x 40!). I haven't really mentioned it to Mrs Mud but she knows sooner or later I'm going to want a Sunday go to picnic car.

Mud

not in this picture but I did paint the rails on the rack black.

Very sharp looking car Mud, if you enjoy it and love it all we can do is support you after all the bottom line is we all want to have fun no matter what car we have

2014 GT Premium, Track Pack, Barton shifter, Borla S-type exhaust, Resonator delete, 3.73 gears, Airaid C.A.I., 93 Race Tune, JLT Oil Separator
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page