Ford Mustang Forum banner

Extremely upset with Amer.Muscle Black Friday Sale

4K views 30 replies 14 participants last post by  stormsedge 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello all!!

I'm extremely upset with AmericanMuscle. I've been reading online about others that have had similar experiences. I ordered some "Black Friday” MMD Sinn Silver Wheels regular price of $214.00 each on sale for $87.99. Before checking out, I put in 8 wheels and they came back as in stock. I immediately changed it to 4 wheels and it still showed in stock. I then placed my order at 4:18 pm and my PayPal account charged. At 11:00pm the order was still showing "in process." I called an AM customer service rep. and she stated that the wheels were ready to ship just waiting for shipping labels. Well, the next day they still showed “in process” so I called, and the service rep stated that he'd check into it and get back with me. I waited 4 hours without a return phone call. I call back again, and the rep. stated that the rims were sold out, and since they're discontinued, my order would be cancelled and refunded. I tried to work with AM management to at least meet me half-way on some AMR Dark Stainless wheels, but they flat out refused.

As previously stated, I've been reading about similar issues happening with other customers. One customer that left a review offsite, shared a similar story stating that he was told after order submission and acceptance that his wheel order was out of stock, discontinued, and that his order would be automatically cancelled. Magically, the same rims later appeared fully in stock. Additionally, I read of other complaints detailing possible bait and switch scenarios.

I understand that "instant inventory" technology isn't perfect, however, I feel that I've been played big league. The least AM could have done to lessen the sting was to compromise and meet me half way on a different set of rims. However, as mentioned before, I was met with nothing but static.

Cheers!

JediDave

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Ouch. At the very least, you'd think they could hold the order, call you to let you know they'd screwed up, and that you would get some later, along with the expected date of delivery. Or, as you say - work out a deal for something else.

#3 ·
Grimbrand,

AmericanMuscle management has shown zero empathy for my situation. I've been an AmericanMuscle customer for over a decade, however, that held little weight in persuading them to assist me. I still feel that I got bamboozled.

Thank you for your thoughts!

JediDave

#16 ·
Grimbrand,

AmericanMuscle management has shown zero empathy for my situation. I've been an AmericanMuscle customer for over a decade, however, that held little weight in persuading them to assist me. I still feel that I got bamboozled
Having now read a good number of posts similar to your post, it seems to me that AM is about to have much bigger problems. It's understandable if there was a web site error causing one, maybe even two orders that couldn't be filled from their "sale", but there have been quite a lot of them posted, leading me to wonder if it was really accidental or intentional. But even more important is how badly they have dealt with these errors. It takes a long time to foster a good customer relationship like the one you had with them Dave, and it only takes a minute to ruin it. I would think that AM would try to find some way to compensate any customer who was the victim of this problem. I am not saying give away the farm, but even losing 90% profit on a single sale to satisfy a wronged customer and make them happy and coming back to purchase again is better than blowing them off and losing all future sales from them and probably their friends too. Especially in this day and age when just about everything is available from multiple sources. I guess when I shop for parts, AM will be at the bottom of the list if this is how they are treating their customers....

#4 ·
That's pretty terrible, but really not surprising at all from the way AM has handled themselves on various forums over the past year. I'm just glad that the Forgestar CF5 18x10s that I ordered @$180 ea about 2 hours before the price went back to $360 ea actually shipped. That doesnt help you any though.

#24 ·
. . . . I'm just glad that the Forgestar CF5 18x10s that I ordered @$180 ea . . . actually shipped. . . . .
Wow, now that's a deal! I wish I had noticed that, I would have grabbed four of them too.

#5 ·
fourdegrees11

Congrats on your Forgestar’s!! Super nice wheels!

JediDave

Reactions: fourdegrees11
#7 ·
Yep. Par for the course. I was browsing their sale earlier today or last night and saw they had some Foose wheels that are regularly something like $299 or more on sale for $99 for the machined face version and $69 for the chromes at the top of their cyber monday sale page. An hour later they were completely removed from the site. That seemed like another bungled pricing.

I'm starting to think someone on the inside is disgruntled and slipping these "sales" into the catalog.

#8 ·
bdnaldo:

That may be a valid assessment, however, my “lost” MMD wheels were up for awhile. Additionally, some of those really low priced 20” wheels are still available.

JediDave

#10 ·
When I first got on their BF sale late Thursday night they had a set of 07-11 (not sure why the year cut at 11) GT500 Bilstien and eibach setup for in the $200s, I did a triple take and almost bought them just because of the price. That didnt last very long, and I have no clue if they actually honored that price. Normal price is in the $900s I believe

#11 ·
UPDATE!

The Sinn Wheels in some other sizes and for the 15-18 Mustangs that we’re previously sold out during the Black Friday sale are now starting to reappear as in stock. I deeply suspect that I and others were lied too/misled when told that the wheels are discontinued. The rep told me that out of stock and discontinued items are automatically cancelled and customer refunded. I fear that I may be a victim of an unscrupulous business tactic.

JediDave

#13 ·
WOW!:surprise: The truth comes out!!!

#14 ·
That sucks! Wish I could help. AM has not been on the site for about a year now. I checked with the site owners to see if I could remove them & was told that they are still paying to be a vendor here. confused013.gif Don`t make sense to me. They seem to be paying to not be here. I wonder if they changed management or were bought out, as they Used to be a great company as far back as when they used their original name - Turn Five. From all the complaints I`ve seen, here & on other forums, it looks like they are following in the footsteps of Blue Oval Industries (if you never heard of them, Google them for customer complaints):

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...rman-1055082&usg=AOvVaw2We1Thyyk2p6xhc7FwdFqE

Reactions: 5.0 Coyote
#17 ·
kenv:

Thank you for your support!

JediDave

#18 ·
No problem Dave. I stick up for the site vendors when they are trying to do the right thing. When they actually try to stick it to one of the forum members, they don`t get My support, paying vendor or not.

Ken

#19 ·
Wow I am not looking for this topic and this is the identical second issue related to AM black Friday sale items showing in stock, purchased, and then canceled due to sold out thread I have seen in the past 2 days... What in the world...? Did anybody purchase one of the great deals for black Friday from them and actually have it honored...?

Good grief... I haven't ordered parts in about a year, but when I do it sounds like I need to find a new go to vendor as AM has really dropped the ball in the past year. That is sad as I have been 100% loyal to AM and only used them, but times change I suppose...

The link to the other thread where 2 people had same issue on a different part:
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/foru...rong-americanmuscle-com-customer-service.html

I hope these issues get worked out. AM used to be great, but like I said I haven't ordered parts in the past year so I can't speak for that timeframe which seems to be the timeframe things took a bad turn...

#20 ·
UPDATE:

I've been on the phone for the past hour with AmericanMuscle. I worked with a representative again, and then transferred to a supervisor who talked with me 20 minutes past closing time.

He stated that their inventory system couldn't keep up with the order influx, especially on discontinued items, with multiple orders hitting at the same time. Unfortunately, my order got entangled in that mass.

This time around, the management was very apologetic, stating that AmericanMuscle is honest in their dealings with customers, therefore not out to mislead or rip off anyone. I stated to him that the 2015-2018 Mustang MMD Sinn wheels, which were sold out, are now showing in stock again. When he checked his actual inventory count, it showed zero available. So obviously they're still having issues with their live tracking system, or something. I also stated to the supervisor that there are a number of customers that are being told that their orders are cancelled due to no stock, and that the items are discontinued. It is then reported that some of the so called "discontinued" items are reappearing again as in stock. There are customers out there that are not happy campers!

The supervisor showed empathy towards my unfortunate situation and genuinely worked towards a resolution. In the end, American Muscle provided me with a $100.00 in store credit that can be applied to any purchase, even on sale items. Additionally, he put in the notes that I can use my AllFordMustangs forum discount on top of that for added savings. Yes, the resolution isn't near the money I would have saved getting the MMD Sinn wheels on the original order (my Stang wanted those wheels so bad), however, the provided $100.00 in store credit showed that American Muscle still has a desire to foster positive consumer relations.

Due to the favorable customer support I just received, I'll continue shopping with them. I have to take them at their word, and hope that they get their ordering system ready for the Christmas/New Years sales.

JediDave

P.S. I want to again thank everyone for their support!

#21 ·
That's great that they did something for you, still would have been better if they at last offered a different set of MMD wheels at that same discount. But hey a free $100 isnt so bad.

#22 ·
I've had a Shelby- Boss- C/S rear valance in my cart with PayPal already clicked for over a week. Out of stock :(. Everyone else has them in stock but for $40+ more. I wonder if American Muscle will up the price when it comes back in stock.............

#23 ·
I looked at the AM site for parts on my "list" and saw the long tubes and X pipe at a good price. In looking for additional information I realized the manufacturer was offering the same discount. I purchased the direct from the manufacturer and a great purchase experience. The will come ceramic coated and to my knowledge AM doesn't offer that option. Cool, one thing off the chore list - wont have to drive to a bigger city to get them coated.

#25 ·
I wonder just how much AM actually stocks. Seems they are more of a broker just selling as a hub for many vendors.

My axlebacks came in 2 days (stocked there), my clutch line and spring both came direct from other vendors after placing the order with AM, and took over a week. When you pay extra to have something faster and it takes three times as long does put a bad taste in.

#26 ·
Took my Black Friday purchases to Late Model Restoration this year. I've steered clear of AM for the last couple years because of reports like this.

#27 ·
Last couple years? Not to side with AM, but I don't know that might be stretching a little bit. I just started seeing complaints like this pop up in the past year. Ironically in that same time and started about the same time was they disappeared off our site.

Somebody on this thread or the other might have hit the nail on the head with did AM sell out or go under new management.

#29 ·
Glad it worked out for you Dave. Maybe one of their employees read this thread. :laugh2:

Reactions: 5.0 Coyote
#31 ·
Hmmm, I have a piece hung up in "processing" since I ordered on BF. I spoke with AM on BF about it immediately after the order because the quantity looked gooned up. She said it logged that way because it had to come from another warehouse...guess I'll call them again...not a showstopper. Our conversation was pleasant and she seemed to be engaged in helping me. Yesterday, I did receive the catback system I ordered BF, so not a total loss.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.