Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-10-2018 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Here goes nothing....

Planning a road trip from the Great White North down to the Phoenix area in March. Will be the first big trip with my "new to me" 2014 GT. I'm running version 5.0X maps on my GPS. Best I can figure is that this was the version that came installed on the car from the factory when it was new. Went on line and discovered Ford is now on version 10.0X.

Sooooo...I dropped $149.00 USD plus $30.00 USD shipping and ordered this:

Clarion Ford / Lincoln / Mercury - North America Map Update - V10.0x - Includes Gracenote® Disc
Part number U2192-0000-705NAM

Looks like it comes on 4 CDs. I looked at the installation instructions on line and it looks pretty straight forward. Has anyone updated their maps recently? Any problems?

2014 Mustang GT Premium- MT, Ruby Red, 3.73 Torsen, Brembo Brakes, Track Pack, Comfort Package, Electronics Package, Rear Sensing System, Security Package, Rear Video Camera, Barton Short Throw Shifter and bracket, RedLine Tuning Hood Struts, Borla Touring axle back exhaust, Boss 302 shift knob, alcantara suede shift boot and e-brake boot, K&N air filter, etc.

1993 Corvette Convertible LT1

2018 BMW R1200GS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-10-2018
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke_Warmwater View Post
Planning a road trip from the Great White North down to the Phoenix area in March. Will be the first big trip with my "new to me" 2014 GT. I'm running version 5.0X maps on my GPS. Best I can figure is that this was the version that came installed on the car from the factory when it was new. Went on line and discovered Ford is now on version 10.0X.

Sooooo...I dropped $149.00 USD plus $30.00 USD shipping and ordered this:

Clarion Ford / Lincoln / Mercury - North America Map Update - V10.0x - Includes Gracenote® Disc
Part number U2192-0000-705NAM

Looks like it comes on 4 CDs. I looked at the installation instructions on line and it looks pretty straight forward. Has anyone updated their maps recently? Any problems?
I am running my 5 year old maps, waiting to see what the response is on this thread as I am looking to upgrade this summer.

2011 V6 Mustang - Premium 202A Spec (Pony Package) - SOLD!

2014 V8 Mustang - Premium 400A Spec
6 Speed Manual, 3.31 Rear
Black, Charcoal Black
Comfort Package, Security System
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-10-2018
GLOBAL MODERATOR
S197 Member

Updated my friends on her 2011 Shelby GT 500,just follow the instructions, was way easy NO problems.
5.o Coyote
Luke_Warmwater likes this.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-10-2018
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Coming down for spring training next month? Weather has been great, mid 70's every day..
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-10-2018 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neighsayer11 View Post
I am running my 5 year old maps, waiting to see what the response is on this thread as I am looking to upgrade this summer.
I'll keep you updated, once they arrive.

2014 Mustang GT Premium- MT, Ruby Red, 3.73 Torsen, Brembo Brakes, Track Pack, Comfort Package, Electronics Package, Rear Sensing System, Security Package, Rear Video Camera, Barton Short Throw Shifter and bracket, RedLine Tuning Hood Struts, Borla Touring axle back exhaust, Boss 302 shift knob, alcantara suede shift boot and e-brake boot, K&N air filter, etc.

2018 BMW R1200GS
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-10-2018
PONY Member

I thought everyone just used their cell phones for navigation these days. Now I have to update mine, I guess. Not that I know how to use it. But it can't be that hard, right?
huberoy123 likes this.

2014 Gray Mustang

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-10-2018 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by az.dsrt View Post
Coming down for spring training next month? Weather has been great, mid 70's every day..

Er...yes...spring training..that's it. Can you notify whoever it is in the Phoenix area that is in charge of beer, that they had best stock up.
UUUd444 likes this.

2018 BMW R1200GS
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-10-2018 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UUUd444 View Post
I thought everyone just used their cell phones for navigation these days. Now I have to update mine, I guess. Not that I know how to use it. But it can't be that hard, right?
I'm pretty tech savvy for an old fart, but I do like my GPS. I do a lot of motorcycle touring. Have GPS on bike with wireless connection to helmet communicator. Will use GPS on the phone in a pinch, but I like the added features of a dedicated GPS.
5.0 Coyote and UUUd444 like this.

2018 BMW R1200GS
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-10-2018
PONY Member

Use Waze app, I absolutely love it. I have zero need for any GPS with it. Let's you know any debris in road ahead, cars on side of the road, any police or emergency crews ahead, alternate routes for traffic, and exactly how much backed up traffic is front of you. I won't travel without it.
huberoy123 likes this.
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I am guessing all that say they love there phone's app have never been in an area where there was no cell service to start your app or for your app to recalculate when you come up on a road that is closed or someones driveway (Waze and Google both in Kentucky). I have 2 phones with all the apps I want on both and still have a Garmin in my work van just in case I am not in cell service. Google will work fine if you have it started before you leave cell service as long as your phone has GPS but it cannot change anything without cell service.
I have NAV in both my Mustang and F150 and love it. I will say that both need to be updated though, at least the MFT in the F150 is just a card.
crjackson2134 likes this.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/Siberexpress/Sterling/Stripes/af58edf0-2e2e-4ffe-a201-405b00a627bc_zpseb5ae052.jpg
2013 Performance Package V6
2013 F150 6.2L Boss
Yes it is a Boss
Rookie

I work for Infiniti and do updates all the time it's very easy but Waze is way better, navi can never tell you where five 0 is hiding saves me every day. Just saying

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Express View Post
I am guessing all that say they love there phone's app have never been in an area where there was no cell service to start your app or for your app to recalculate when you come up on a road that is closed or someones driveway (Waze and Google both in Kentucky). I have 2 phones with all the apps I want on both and still have a Garmin in my work van just in case I am not in cell service. Google will work fine if you have it started before you leave cell service as long as your phone has GPS but it cannot change anything without cell service.
I have NAV in both my Mustang and F150 and love it. I will say that both need to be updated though, at least the MFT in the F150 is just a card.
I’ve got a lot of iPhones, a lot of GPS devices, and a lot of cars. I definitely prefer my NAV units to other devices. Honestly, I like the NAV in my mustang best.

Just my personal opinion based on my personal use. YMMV. Use what best suits your needs.

2014 Black GT Premium w/Track Pack - 401A - (Apocalypse)
2018 Black Nissan 370Z Nismo - (Lucille-2)
GLOBAL MODERATOR
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Whats this GPS stuff. When did foldout paper maps become obsolete?

And if you say its too hard to drive and read a map, bring your nagavator along.
crjackson2134 and Grimbrand like this.

----------------------------
2012 Mustang GT, Roush 2300 Black
2006 Mustang V6 Manual Legend Lime Sold
2019 Charger Scat Pack White
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 060 GBNF
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 059 Sold
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I still use paper maps. Remember those?
crjackson2134 and Grimbrand like this.

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Grimbrand
Not only can I *read* a paper map - I can fold it back into its original compact form!

Usually.

Strange Mud likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page