Greetings from a Mustang lover - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okie Hick View Post
That's always an option but I didn't buy it for performance. It's versatile and easy to drive and not as scary in snow and kinky terrain. There are a few folks on the Crosstrek forum that gripe about its lack of power. The response is typically to state that if they were after engine performance, they bought the wrong car. Overwhelmingly we in the forum bought the car for versatility. BTW, I didn't push my Mustang any harder than I push the Trek. Those 420 horses were a total waste on me. But the aura and sound were to die for. Every time I would get in and crank her up I'd morph into a 20-yr old. It was an interesting transformation. That doesn't happen in the Crosstrek....
I bought the V6 for the Better balance on the twisties and still have not found where to let the 305 HP go let alone 420.
I also have my F150 with the 411 HP 6.2 in it. I drive it every day and I know what the sound will do to you. I still have 5.0 owners in F150's asking me how to get theirs to sound like mine

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/Siberexpress/Sterling/Stripes/af58edf0-2e2e-4ffe-a201-405b00a627bc_zpseb5ae052.jpg
2013 Performance Package V6
2013 F150 6.2L Boss
Yes it is a Boss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-22-2018 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Express View Post
I bought the V6 for the Better balance on the twisties and still have not found where to let the 305 HP go let alone 420.
I also have my F150 with the 411 HP 6.2 in it. I drive it every day and I know what the sound will do to you. I still have 5.0 owners in F150's asking me how to get theirs to sound like mine
Speaking of sound, I put a set of GT500 mufflers on the GT. Quite frankly I much preferred the stock with the exception of the drone. If I had kept the GT I would have put stock back on and tolerated the drone. I was almost hesitant to lay into those GT500s 'cuz I'm not a loud exhaust person. I had to ease out of the neighborhood every day due to the sound. But I no doubt was the envy of a lot of youngsters and gear heads.

NOTE: The GT was ideal for hauling my bicycle.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014 GT and bike.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	172.9 KB
ID:	607533  

2018 Subaru Crosstrek Premium CVT
(traded my 2014 GT Premium automatic on 19 August 2017)

Last edited by Okie Hick; 12-22-2018 at 09:39 PM.
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

The 6.2 had a Roush (AKA Dronemaster) on it when I bought it, it now has a Borla Touring System on it now. It is nice, you know when you get on it and the neighbors don't complain about it. You can also have a conversation while driving.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/Siberexpress/Sterling/Stripes/af58edf0-2e2e-4ffe-a201-405b00a627bc_zpseb5ae052.jpg
2013 Performance Package V6
2013 F150 6.2L Boss
Yes it is a Boss

Apprentice

I have the GT500 axle backs on my 14 GT and absolutely love them (and no drone). I have never thought they were too loud - just the right sound. If you are back here after almost 2 years, I think you are destined to buy a 2013/2014 in the near future. I hope you do and best of luck!

2014 GT Premium, Sterling Grey, 6 Speed, 3:55 Gears, Comfort Group, GT500 AB, 3dCarbon Spoiler, JLT CC, Boss 302 Alcantara steering wheel, FRPP TrackCal, FRPP Brembos, FRPP Wheels
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-24-2018 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac 27 View Post
I have the GT500 axle backs on my 14 GT and absolutely love them (and no drone). I have never thought they were too loud - just the right sound. If you are back here after almost 2 years, I think you are destined to buy a 2013/2014 in the near future. I hope you do and best of luck!
I've been talking in the S550 forum. Here's what I posted on a similar topic:

I would never buy a used Mustang unless I knew the owner intimately. Included in the deal would have to be a notarized accounting as to how he/she drove the car EVERY day of ownership, notarized documentation of all service performed, sworn and notarized statements of mods performed, new tires, no booger wipes under the seat, a 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty and anything else that may come to mind. I babied my '14 for the 50K+ miles I had it. It looked and ran like new when I traded it. I'm pissed off that the idiot that bought it probably didn't realize what a cream puff he/she was getting.

In other words, I will never find a suitable replacement for my '14....

Apprentice

Sorry to hear that. I think the new mustang looks worse than the new style in 2015. I wouldn't be that concerned about used if it has good service records - I just added a 2004 Boxster S SE earlier this year and have really enjoyed driving it. No major issues, it drives well and I really enjoy the top down driving. If I had to buy new, I would have probably had to sell my 14 GT and buy a brand new 911. I would never have gotten to experience how well those cars are built, drive and would have missed out on the enjoyment.

2014 GT Premium, Sterling Grey, 6 Speed, 3:55 Gears, Comfort Group, GT500 AB, 3dCarbon Spoiler, JLT CC, Boss 302 Alcantara steering wheel, FRPP TrackCal, FRPP Brembos, FRPP Wheels
SHELBY GT 350 Member

consider a used one (pref private sale) where you can tell it was a creampuff. There are great used ones out there for a lot less $ than new. Have it be a nice day toy and keep your Subie for everyday.

this is if you can afford (want to spend $) on 2 cars.

still loving my GTI.....miss the jealous looks I used to get with Stang but I find the VW more fun to drive. Yes I know the V6 Stang was faster on a track but the GTI feels faster and gives better feedback.

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okie Hick View Post
It has been a while since I last posted here. As you can see from the signature, I changed cars. I love the Crosstrek but truly miss the GT. I had wanted a Crosstrek for at least 2 years and finally caved in primarily due to the incident below.

On August 20 2017 I posted about an occurrence involving my '14 GT. From the beginning I was on the lookout for the dreaded "tick" from the engine. After one of my bicycle rides, I cranked the car and there it was: TICK-TICK-TICK". I revved it a little but still the tick. I drove the 24 miles back home and the tick was gone and hadn't returned as of the time I traded. I believe that happened about a month before the trade and was one of the incentives to trade. The car had 50K+ miles on it at the time. I've often wondered if the new owner had the problem. I'll never know.

NOW MY QUESTION: Was I justified in being concerned? I just didn't want to go thru the hassle and expense of repairing an expensive and complicated muscle car engine.

Mine ticked loudly at 26,000 miles then went away and never came back. Now at 53000 miles it has over 600+ RWHP and about 10,000 miles that way:

2014 Sterling gray GT 6M
Paxton Novi 2200 with torque booser and Lund tune, DW1000 injectors, JMS BAP, ATI damper
Lethal ORP, MGW shifter, BMR upper and lowers, Spicer 1 piece DS, Ram Single disk clutch with aluminum flywheel, Power leather seat conversion. Staggered wheels.
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott9050 View Post
Mine ticked loudly at 26,000 miles then went away and never came back. Now at 53000 miles it has over 600+ RWHP and about 10,000 miles that way:
That sounds scary to me....like something that sometimes can't find its place. Mine was a steady tick like what a suck valve lifter would sound.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page