• 2 Post By G.O. Stang

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-30-2018 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
Dyno Tune Results

Well the past couple months have been a little stressful with having to replace my engine and all. But I finally saw the light at the end of the tunnel! So before my old engine started knocking, I had already started buying some parts for my car like the Boss 302 intake manifold, Airaid CAI, Pypes cat-deletes, etc. Well when the new motor went in, I was worried the BAMA Tune wasnít going to run very well since the 2015 longblock I was installing had the newer heads and boss exhaust cams in it. However to my surprise, it ran well enough to get me to work for a couple months, but I wasnít 100%. Well a couple weeks ago, my tuning appointment finally came up and I made the drive to my local tuner. My hope was for at least 400whp, but I actually expected a little less. Well the results actually exceeded expectation putting down 413whp! Not too shabby for (almost) bolt ons!

[youtube]https://youtu.be/lHV6pyT5k9w[/youtube]

HuntingKy and Beechkid like this.

2011 GT Premium 6-Speed
GO:S550 Longblock, Boss 302 Intake Manifold, Boss 302 Exhaust Cams, Airiad CAI, Boss 302 H-Pipe and Side Pipes, Borla S-Type Axlebacks
SHOW:GT350 20Ē Wheels, California Special/Boss Rear Spoiler, LED Marker Lights, S550 Style Headlights with HIDs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-30-2018
Rookie

Nice!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-01-2018
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.O. Stang View Post
Well the past couple months have been a little stressful with having to replace my engine and all. But I finally saw the light at the end of the tunnel! So before my old engine started knocking, I had already started buying some parts for my car like the Boss 302 intake manifold, Airaid CAI, Pypes cat-deletes, etc. Well when the new motor went in, I was worried the BAMA Tune wasn’t going to run very well since the 2015 longblock I was installing had the newer heads and boss exhaust cams in it. However to my surprise, it ran well enough to get me to work for a couple months, but I wasn’t 100%. Well a couple weeks ago, my tuning appointment finally came up and I made the drive to my local tuner. My hope was for at least 400whp, but I actually expected a little less. Well the results actually exceeded expectation putting down 413whp! Not too shabby for (almost) bolt ons!

[youtube]https://youtu.be/lHV6pyT5k9w[/youtube]
Details please,. details!!! What tune are you running? What heads? 2015 heads with Boss exhaust cams? What intake? Is that 413 with the boss intake or the "stock" intake? Why did you go with the 2015 5.0? Availability, price?

I bet that combo would scream with the CJ intake.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usmc1488 View Post
Details please,. details!!! What tune are you running? What heads? 2015 heads with Boss exhaust cams? What intake? Is that 413 with the boss intake or the "stock" intake? Why did you go with the 2015 5.0? Availability, price?

I bet that combo would scream with the CJ intake.

My old engine was consuming oil and ran low on oil and started knocking. So instead of rebuilding or finding a stock engine, I decided to find a newer engine because it is all around stronger and better and it turned out cheaper for me. Stock, the 2015-17 engines have boss crankshafts, boss exhaust cams, and boss style head ports with larger valves. My mods are as follows; boss 302 intake manifold, Airaid cold air, 2015+ block(rotating assembly), 2015+ heads, boss 302 exhaust cams(using the 2011 intake cams still), Pypes cat-deletes, boss 302 h-pipe with side pipes, and borla a-type axle backs. Still running stock headers. My tune is a custom Dyno Tune. Tuner said he could easily get another 20hp if I went with longtubes, just donít know if I want that kind of noise in a daily driver. And that 413whp is with the boss intake. And Iíve considered the CJ setup, but I canít justify the cost. Plus the general consensus is the Boss manifold is better if you ever want to go boosted. Which Iím not saying I want to, but I like to leave doors open. Lol

2011 GT Premium 6-Speed
GO:S550 Longblock, Boss 302 Intake Manifold, Boss 302 Exhaust Cams, Airiad CAI, Boss 302 H-Pipe and Side Pipes, Borla S-Type Axlebacks
SHOW:GT350 20Ē Wheels, California Special/Boss Rear Spoiler, LED Marker Lights, S550 Style Headlights with HIDs
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-07-2018
PONY Member

Nice!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-07-2018
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Mind if I ask how much the engine replacement ran you?
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-08-2018 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedo View Post
Mind if I ask how much the engine replacement ran you?

$5000 from Ford. And after getting quotes for $4200-4800 for rebuilding my old one before labor, it was a no brainer. Just had to do the labor myself.

2011 GT Premium 6-Speed
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Oh man I was thinking that wasn't too bad until you said you did the labor yourself. That seems intense - glad you got it sorted out though.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedo View Post
Oh man I was thinking that wasn't too bad until you said you did the labor yourself. That seems intense - glad you got it sorted out though.

It wasnít bad. The swap can be done in a weekend. Started on a Friday night, finished up on Sunday evening. I used to work at a Mustang Restoration shop though, so Iíve pulled and stabbed my fair share of engines.

2011 GT Premium 6-Speed
PONY Member

Was it completely plug and play? Did anything not get along nicely with the s197 ECU?
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-11-2018 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usmc1488 View Post
Was it completely plug and play? Did anything not get along nicely with the s197 ECU?

Everything is plug and play. Only big thing is has to swap intake cams for my 2011 ones, and that meant I had to use the 2011 timing chains, gears, and cam phasers. I was able to keep the 15+ exhaust cams which is a nice upgrade since they are the same as the 12-13 boss cams.

2011 GT Premium 6-Speed
PONY Member
S197 Member

Garage
Good for you - all done and good numbers.
I'd hold off on the long tubes til you go forced induction

Scott

2014 GT Track Pack/Brembo/Recaro/Whiteline suspension system/Blowfish Racing shifter bracket - the 3.73 Torsen is so loud now that, with all due respect to Wade Chamberlain, BadFast has been renamed "The Whining Mistress"
F5 MKII
07 FatBoy
04 1200 XLC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page