• 1 Post By nyuk98gt
  • 1 Post By 5.0 Coyote
  • 1 Post By kenv

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018 Thread Starter
GLOBAL MODERATOR
S197 Member

Better than wax ?

Hey guy's,anybody ever used a product called Hydro Silex ceramic coating for there car,I got my bottle today and was very pleased at how easy it was to put on and wipe off,and the protection it offers.There are videos on this product, what are your thoughts ?
5.0 Coyote

bdnaldo likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

5.0 Coyote,

Ceramic coating is good stuff. The paint has to be prepared (polishing to get any flaws and dirt out of the surface) and the stuff bonds to the paint. The disadvantage is that if you need to have any part painted, the coating has to be wet sanded off.

It lasts a long time and water beads up nicely. I don't have the same brand (I had it applied by a local shop) but I am really pleased with the results. I use a Metro Vac blower to dry my car and the water almost flies off by itself, lol. The paint looks wet all the time - just beautiful.

On the one hand, I miss the detailing time with my car but, OTOH, I love the ceramic coating.

Chris

5.0 Coyote likes this.

2012 GT 6MT - RTR #59; performance white / charcoal interior
3.73's, AED tune, MGW Race Spec shifter, Airaid MFT, BMR rear LCAs & relo brackets, Panhard rod & brace, FRPP swaybars, MRT a/c H-pipe, LP OTAs, FR GT500 Touring axlebacks, FRPP diff cover, JLT PCV p/s catchcan

Last edited by nyuk98gt; 06-07-2018 at 09:07 PM. Reason: remove yuge paragraph spacing
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018
Apprentice

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Coyote View Post
Hey guy's,anybody ever used a product called Hydro Silex ceramic coating for there car,I got my bottle today and was very pleased at how easy it was to put on and wipe off,and the protection it offers.There are videos on this product, what are your thoughts ?
5.0 Coyote

How is longevity? Does it need to be reapplied in a few weeks/months? Or is it applied once and its good for a year or two?

Through Christ

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018 Thread Starter
GLOBAL MODERATOR
S197 Member

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndnashlenz View Post
How is longevity? Does it need to be reapplied in a few weeks/months? Or is it applied once and its good for a year or two?
8 months--1 year then reapply which is super easy $68.00 for a large bottle of the stuff and the surface is super slick water just runs off.
5.0 Coyote
crjackson2134 likes this.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018
BOSS Member

Garage
It will turn white or hazy when exposed to the Sun for a few months. I doubt there's anything ceramic about it.

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018
PONY Member
S197 Member

Garage
Still a firm believer in wash/clay bar/wax but it's also like therapy for me.
My cars get that twice a year and regular hand wash and mothers carnuba, just my opinion but the home ceramic seems to be for people that don't want to do the regular wash and wax.
Again it's just my opinion

Scott

2014 GT Track Pack/Brembo/Recaro/Whiteline suspension system/Blowfish Racing shifter bracket - the 3.73 Torsen is so loud now that, with all due respect to Wade Chamberlain, BadFast has been renamed "The Whining Mistress"
F5 MKII
07 FatBoy
04 1200 XLC
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2018
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I use this stuff. It seems you have to get it fro a detailing supply place on line, but it`s great. You can use it on any surface eg. paint/glass/leather/rubber etc. & it shines it up & protects beautifully. I ordered it after watching this guy`s video:

Fast forward to around the 2:24 mark to get passed the blah,blah. Oh yeah, it was $36.00 a gallon. Don`t know if it is as good as Ken`s product, but it works for me.
5.0 Coyote likes this.

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2018
PONY Member

I avoid products that alter the paint too much as it makes a repainting a total PITA to do. I just polish and wax once a year and it looks and stays nice till next time.
I do keep my cars clean though and rinse and towel them between washes.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019
PONY Member

Garage
may try it
where can I get this stuff in canada

GO BIG OR GO HOME
5.0 coyote
BBK cold air intake
SCT tuner with 91 tune
roush axle back
Go BILLS

91 tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page