Adding bluetooth phone - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by porschpow View Post
Sorry, don't want to hi-jack, but when I tried to pair my google pixel. it works, however, when I try to make a phone call from the car, I can't hear the call through the phone call, nor can they hear me. It is the weirdest thing.
Check to make sure the Mute button is turned off, that sets the phone to private. If you have the Nav it has the privacy button on the screen.
Also the volume could be turned down but I don't think that affects the outgoing call. Also remember, all setting to the phone must be done while it is on phone.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/Siberexpress/Sterling/Stripes/af58edf0-2e2e-4ffe-a201-405b00a627bc_zpseb5ae052.jpg
2013 Performance Package V6
2013 F150 6.2L Boss
Yes it is a Boss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Garage
Funny this subject popped up today. I had no trouble adding my old phone in my 2013 but I just got a Samsung S9 and I tried for a half hour and can't get it to sync. I Utubed it briefly and it said that you have to enter the code that comes up into your phone. I am sure I did not have to that before.
The only complaint I had with it with my old phone was sometimes it would say unknown caller when I got a call and the person was in my contact list. And sometimes when making a call to say "Jim" it would come up unknown on the display. But usually it worked OK.
I'll try again maybe tomorrow and if that fails get the manual out and try to dcypher it that way.

GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbird View Post
Funny this subject popped up today. I had no trouble adding my old phone in my 2013 but I just got a Samsung S9 and I tried for a half hour and can't get it to sync. I Utubed it briefly and it said that you have to enter the code that comes up into your phone. I am sure I did not have to that before.
The only complaint I had with it with my old phone was sometimes it would say unknown caller when I got a call and the person was in my contact list. And sometimes when making a call to say "Jim" it would come up unknown on the display. But usually it worked OK.
I'll try again maybe tomorrow and if that fails get the manual out and try to dcypher it that way.
My S9 went right in in my Mustang and F150, both have the nav though, fought like hell to get it hooked up in my Wifes Explorer but sat in the front yard and finally figured it out.
All of them had the 6 digit code though.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/Siberexpress/Sterling/Stripes/af58edf0-2e2e-4ffe-a201-405b00a627bc_zpseb5ae052.jpg
2013 Performance Package V6
2013 F150 6.2L Boss
Yes it is a Boss

Apprentice

Garage
Got mine to sync up yesterday after a few tries. And yes had to enter the code in the phone. Our Kenworth trucks at work have bluetooth and when you connect to them on the radio it says PIN 0000 but then your phone just connects without having to type in anything. Much simpler than the Mustang for sure.
PONY Member

I looked on the Mustang (non-NAV) and I put in the pin. It looks like it registered. However, when I go to use the phone (through the car) I don't hear the ringing sound and when they pick up, they can't hear me. I checked to see if my phone is not muted and it's not. It's the weirdest thing.

"To find yourself, you must first lose yourself"

-2014 Ford Mustang GT Premium- Black (Comfort Package, Reverse Sensing & Security Package, Brembo Package)
-1997 Lincoln Town Car (Executive Series)
-1989 Lincoln Towncar (Signature Series)
-1973 Volkswagen Bus (Weekender)
-2001 Kawasaki Vulcan (1500 Classic)
Apprentice

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by porschpow View Post
I looked on the Mustang (non-NAV) and I put in the pin. It looks like it registered. However, when I go to use the phone (through the car) I don't hear the ringing sound and when they pick up, they can't hear me. I checked to see if my phone is not muted and it's not. It's the weirdest thing.
It has to be a setting someplace I would think.
PONY Member
2.3L Member

I have a 2018 GT, with Sync 3, with the nav package. After my phone updated to Android 10, it would go into "Do Not Disturb" mode when it was connected to the car. Pain in the butt to track it down in the phone to disable it.

2007 4.0 V6 Mustang, Victim of Black Ice
1989 2.3 Fastback, traded for:
2011 3.7 Pony Package, Traded for:
2018 GT 5.0 Premium
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page