Window creaking? - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By stang2010
  • 2 Post By stang2010

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

Window creaking?

Hi all, my driver's side window creaks every time I go over any kind of bump. It happens when the window is closed. I'm thinking maybe the window is somehow misaligned and not closing completely. Has anyone had this before?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019
GLOBAL MODERATOR
S197 Member

Look in your owners manual,there is a way to reset them so that they close properly and seal.Keep us posted ,hope this helps you.
5.0 Coyote.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Coyote View Post
Look in your owners manual,there is a way to reset them so that they close properly and seal.Keep us posted ,hope this helps you.
5.0 Coyote.
Thanks - I did try that but it didn't fix the issue, unfortunately. I'll have the shop check it out and report back.
5.0 Coyote likes this.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

it would be better to address the underlying cause like you suggested; but if you want to just make the noise go away, you could try spraying silicone spray lubricant around the edges of the window

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019
PONY Member

Garage
If you have a hardtop, you may have some looseness in your door hinges so that your window will rub against the upper seal above the door. Spray silicone will help solve this problem.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBert View Post
it would be better to address the underlying cause like you suggested; but if you want to just make the noise go away, you could try spraying silicone spray lubricant around the edges of the window
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis98146 View Post
If you have a hardtop, you may have some looseness in your door hinges so that your window will rub against the upper seal above the door. Spray silicone will help solve this problem.
Thanks to both of you. I took it to the dealer and they ended up spraying it and it seems to have solved the issue.
5.0 Coyote and crjackson2134 like this.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

As an update, the noise returned shortly after the service. I think it might actually be an issue with the side curtain airbag area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page