Mustang 2012 does not launch after accident [details inside] - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By 5.0 Coyote
  • 2 Post By Siber Express
  • 3 Post By crjackson2134
  • 1 Post By David Young
  • 1 Post By crossnysa

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter
Rookie

Unhappy Mustang 2012 does not launch after accident [details inside]

The car has been crashed, it does not launch. Fuel pump is working because I can hear it. New battery. Started does not seem to work aswell. After the ignition I can't change Parking mode to any other. Did you similiar problem or know possible solution?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 1 Week Ago
GLOBAL MODERATOR
S197 Member

I think you might have a fuse that has blown,if you look in the owners book you will see where there is a strip you can lift up using a screwdriver to manually get out of park,that fuse might control other things as well,check it out and keep us posted.Good luck and welcome to the group.
5.0 Coyote.

Beechkid and crjackson2134 like this.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Coyote View Post
I think you might have a fuse that has blown,if you look in the owners book you will see where there is a strip you can lift up using a screwdriver to manually get out of park,that fuse might control other things as well,check it out and keep us posted.Good luck and welcome to the group.
5.0 Coyote.
Thanks!

I am pretty aware I could change the mode manually, althought it doesnt bring me closer to starting the vehicle

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 1 Week Ago
SENIOR AFM MEMBER
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
I know the older Mustangs have a switch in the trunk for when the car is in a wreak it kills fuel flow. I would imagine it is on these as well. It is called the fuel pump reset switch or something like that.

Current Mustang
2012 GT500 silver with red stripe, SVT performance package, and Recaro seats.

Past Mustangs in order and color of text.
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9.)
2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT (I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 1 Week Ago
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

No brake lights and the car will not leave park either.
I would go down the line and make sure all the fuses are good since there are fuses for the engine controls and engine management.
Beechkid and crjackson2134 like this.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/Siberexpress/Sterling/Stripes/af58edf0-2e2e-4ffe-a201-405b00a627bc_zpseb5ae052.jpg
2013 Performance Package V6
2013 F150 6.2L Boss
Yes it is a Boss
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 1 Week Ago
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangLife View Post
I know the older Mustangs have a switch in the trunk for when the car is in a wreak it kills fuel flow. I would imagine it is on these as well. It is called the fuel pump reset switch or something like that.
The inertia switch should be located just forward of the hood latch release lever behind the driver's side kick panel. Same location on my '14. You don't have to remove the panel. There is a finger hole for access.

I believe they've been there since 2005. My Crown Vic has it located in the trunk, just behind the felt lining on the driver's side also.

2014 Black GT Premium w/Track Pack - 401A - (Apocalypse)
2018 Black Nissan 370Z Nismo - (Lucille-2)
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter
Rookie

The pump is working just fine because I have replaced it with brand new one. Problem is when I'm holding brake down, even though stop lights lit up, there is no startup a no possibility to change the gear mode
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 1 Week Ago
PONY Member

Must be a blown fuse like others have said. You should hear a 'click' sound (if you have an automatic transmission) when you push in the brake pedal. That's the sound of the safety neutral switch, so you can move the shifter. I still think you have a blown fuse or some electrical problem going on .
Beechkid likes this.

'Little Red'. 2011 V-6 Mustang. Automatic Trans. C&L C.A.I. Ceramic Coated BBK Long Tube Headers and Catted Shorty X-Pipe. Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs. 3.73 rear gears. GT 500 Lower Control Arms. JLT Catch Can. Axle Exchange Aluminum Drive Shaft. Steeda Watts Link. Several more mods...1991 F150 4X4 59,000 miles. Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter
Rookie

Apparently the gearbox was damaged while crash happened. Engine was backed off, the shifter was stuck on Parking mode althought when we managed to start the engine it was actually on reverse no matter what. It appeared that gearbox cable was loose and it caused all the problems. You can't start the engine on the reverse so we had to improvise on that. Thanks for the suggestions though!
5.0 Coyote likes this.
SENIOR AFM MEMBER
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossnysa View Post
Apparently the gearbox was damaged while crash happened. Engine was backed off, the shifter was stuck on Parking mode althought when we managed to start the engine it was actually on reverse no matter what. It appeared that gearbox cable was loose and it caused all the problems. You can't start the engine on the reverse so we had to improvise on that. Thanks for the suggestions though!
Sounds like you got it all figured out. Nice and glad you are back on the road or headed that way now. Diagnosing cars online is tough and especially in unique situations like accidents or barn finds where unusual things can happen.

Current Mustang
2012 GT500 silver with red stripe, SVT performance package, and Recaro seats.

Past Mustangs in order and color of text.
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9.)
2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT (I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page