Does this look mostly stock? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

Does this look mostly stock?

Photos here: https://imgur.com/a/XownHkC

Hey all. I'll be picking up my '14 GT in a week and just wanted to get some eyeballs on the photos from GT owners. The car is in great shape, no accidents, and from what I can tell, looks pretty much all stock from the exterior. I also wanted to ask if you guys see any options on it. I noticed it had the white GT side/rocker? stripe, but not sure if that's standard on all GT's.

Just trying to get some information on the car options/trim etc.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019
Apprentice

Garage
From what I see, everything looks stock (airbox, muffler, tires, and suspension as well). Now, find out if there's no other mod such as a non-factory tune, headers and ect. Good looking Mustang by the way

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tido2k View Post
From what I see, everything looks stock (airbox, muffler, tires, and suspension as well). Now, find out if there's no other mod such as a non-factory tune, headers and ect. Good looking Mustang by the way
Really appreciate your input man! I am picking it on on the 19th. 48K miles, no accidents etc. 2014 GT!

The white stripe on the side, is that a paid factory option, or are some specced out like that or? I saw it on the brochure so I'm guessing it was specc'd just to have a white rocker GT stripe?

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

looks stock to me too -- the airbox is usually the first thing that people modify, and since that is stock, the rest is probably stock also

I'm pretty sure you are right about the rocker stripes also, I think they were an option; or they might have been aftermarket

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mycelus View Post
Really appreciate your input man! I am picking it on on the 19th. 48K miles, no accidents etc. 2014 GT!

The white stripe on the side, is that a paid factory option, or are some specced out like that or? I saw it on the brochure so I'm guessing it was specc'd just to have a white rocker GT stripe?
It isn't factory, the Factory Stripe is normally deleted on the GT. Dealer or the previous owner put it on more than likely.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/Siberexpress/Sterling/Stripes/af58edf0-2e2e-4ffe-a201-405b00a627bc_zpseb5ae052.jpg
2013 Performance Package V6
2013 F150 6.2L Boss
Yes it is a Boss
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBert View Post
looks stock to me too -- the airbox is usually the first thing that people modify, and since that is stock, the rest is probably stock also

I'm pretty sure you are right about the rocker stripes also, I think they were an option; or they might have been aftermarket
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Express View Post
It isn't factory, the Factory Stripe is normally deleted on the GT. Dealer or the previous owner put it on more than likely.
It's a 3 owner vehicle from NY originally. Surprised that it is stock. I can't see anything modified.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019
PONY Member

Looks pretty nice! The next owner of mine will never have to ask the question on if the car is stock, lol

I agree that the air box and the sound tube scream unmolested

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2013 gt premium m6 3.73 with lots of aftermarket bits

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by replacement View Post
Looks pretty nice! The next owner of mine will never have to ask the question on if the car is stock, lol

I agree that the air box and the sound tube scream unmolested

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I figured if they didn't touch that or the wheels, it was probably stock. Pretty amazing for a 3 owner car

Cannot wait to pick it up... 6 more days
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019
BOSS Member

Garage
If you're buying it from a Ford Dealer make sure they check the tune.

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thereaper View Post
If you're buying it from a Ford Dealer make sure they check the tune.
How would they go about checking that?
GLOBAL MODERATOR
5.0L Member
S197 Member

They can hook up at the OBD port and check the computers to see what software revision levels are installed.

I doubt you would have an aftermarket tune installed.

----------------------------
2019 Charger Scat Pack White
2012 Mustang GT, Roush 2300 Black
2006 Mustang V6 Manual Legend Lime Sold
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 060 RIP
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 059 Sold
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEZ ST View Post
They can hook up at the OBD port and check the computers to see what software revision levels are installed.

I doubt you would have an aftermarket tune installed.
I doubt it either but doesn't hurt to check for sure
BOSS Member

Garage
If it is tuned it will void any warranty you get with the car, like a Ford Pre-owned Certification.

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355
PONY Member
Mustang II Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Though not a factory option on a GT, that stripe looks like one of the Ford dealer optioned stripes that were/are available from 3M. I would have to look thru my computer for the link but there was a special 3M website for Mustangs in 2014 that had a bunch of graphics and stripe kits that were ONLY available from a Ford dealership. I bought a similar rocker stripe kit to that one that way. Dealers may have ordered them as well and installed them on Mustangs on their lots to give them a little more flavor to get a buyer interested.
Nice color btw. It was between the green, charcoal, and Grabber Blue when I ordered my car(I went with the bright green). Tough choice for me but the Grabber colors were always appealing imo. They will definitely get heads to turn.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thereaper View Post
If it is tuned it will void any warranty you get with the car, like a Ford Pre-owned Certification.
Guessing that's Ford's CPO then? I don't think this car is "CPO" but I don't care either way :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobrajet67 View Post
Though not a factory option on a GT, that stripe looks like one of the Ford dealer optioned stripes that were/are available from 3M. I would have to look thru my computer for the link but there was a special 3M website for Mustangs in 2014 that had a bunch of graphics and stripe kits that were ONLY available from a Ford dealership. I bought a similar rocker stripe kit to that one that way. Dealers may have ordered them as well and installed them on Mustangs on their lots to give them a little more flavor to get a buyer interested.
Nice color btw. It was between the green, charcoal, and Grabber Blue when I ordered my car(I went with the bright green). Tough choice for me but the Grabber colors were always appealing imo. They will definitely get heads to turn.

Hmm damn, I wonder if I could find it.

As for the color, thank you. I love very bright colors and Grabber Blue has always been so appealing to me. Blue (especially lighter/sky blues) is my favorite color and I am excited to make it my own. I plan on adding black accents across the car (wheels, badges, hood vents, etc). Might even be able to afford Brembo brakes and some nice Grabber Blue brake calipers eventually haha.

I like the Gotta Have It Green and Race Red a lot as well. Those 3 colors IMO are the best.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in