Cervini Stalker Hood Alternative - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

Cervini Stalker Hood Alternative

OEM hood started to corrode I found this replacement in stock with paintable vents. Saw a review saying the stalker vents are cheap plastic. Not sure if this price includes shipping.

My main concern is if you need a kit to Relocate the wiper nozzles and if this runs directly to the cold air intake how is it not going to suck up water. Especially driving in heavy rain or when washing.

https://trufiber.com/shop/2010-2014-...-ram-air-hood/

Secondly I am possibly considering a fiberglass or carbon fiber OEM hood and adding a faux scoop just cant find a CF or fiberglass oem replacement.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Well I have the stalker at the body shop right now getting painted and the way Cervini did the vents to me is better than the Trufiber way. I also did not get the snorkel going to the CAI so I don't have to worry about it. I also ran the scoop on my 72 Ranchero as a ram air and it never ingested enough water to flood the drain since most of the water goes over the scoop.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/Siberexpress/Sterling/Stripes/af58edf0-2e2e-4ffe-a201-405b00a627bc_zpseb5ae052.jpg
2013 Performance Package V6
2013 F150 6.2L Boss
Yes it is a Boss
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

Do you think there is any concern for water that will run down on the engine or engine bay area from the side vents? Seem like it would cause rusting.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis89 View Post
Do you think there is any concern for water that will run down on the engine or engine bay area from the side vents? Seem like it would cause rusting.
It will not rust any worse than driving it in the rain plus the way the Cervini hood is the water misses the motor on the vents and drains away from the scoop when it is parked on level ground.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/Siberexpress/Sterling/Stripes/af58edf0-2e2e-4ffe-a201-405b00a627bc_zpseb5ae052.jpg
2013 F150 6.2L Boss
Yes it is a Boss
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

I called around some local shops and they all gave me this line about only ordering parts themselves and they do not paint stuff people bring in.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I have a body shop that we have been using for 20 years. That and my Step Brother is about the best painter out there, but because of that you end up waiting.
Where are you at, someone on the site might be able to direct you to a body shop.

2013 F150 6.2L Boss
Yes it is a Boss
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Rookie

KY. Lexington or Louisville 40 mins either way.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

You could always drive it 4 hours down to Clinton TN. since I know Barry at H&H will paint it.
I did reach out to a friend in Lexington to see if he knows anybody around there that will paint it.

2013 F150 6.2L Boss
Yes it is a Boss
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Rookie

Sweet let me know if someone around Lex could do it. I havent planned any 4 hour trips to Tennessee lately lol.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I guess you have settled on the Cervini hood . . . but if you are still looking for options, there is a company that makes carbon fiber hoods that match the original, I saw on another forum . . . if I remember correctly, they are pre-finished and do not require paint, if you like the bare carbon fiber look . . . let me know if interested and I can probably find the details

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Rookie

Yeah I like the stock and throw a fake scoop on. Is it paintable?

I'm trying to talk myself into the cervini my back lot is paved with a slight incline I suppose I could back up it.... stuff a microfiber towel into the scoop when I wash. Maybe the heat vents wont hurt too much with water...
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

pretty sure it is VIS Carbon Fiber hood, available from Andy's Autosport for under $1K, yes it can be painted . . . will PM you with more info

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
Apprentice

There's also the mach 1 cervini hood, which body color do you need?

---
2012 Mustang V6 Premium - 202A Pony Package
Black on Black (with silver race stripe)
3.31 Limited Slip Ratio, Reverse Sensing / Security, Comfort Package, Remote Start
---
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter
Rookie

Went with the stalker 2 shop just finished paint.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page