Snowed in - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-11-2019 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEZ ST View Post

I feel blessed that I do not have winters like you have. They look fun at first but when my fingers and toes start tingling and I talk like a drunk and start slobbering I know I've had enough cold.
That's like Saturday night year round

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Garage
We haven't had any snow here in the greater Seattle area so I haven't had to worry about putting my 66 away. Of course, it's still sitting in it's portable garage waiting for it's new paint job. It'll get fired up again shortly (just to keep fluids circulated), but probably won't get out for repaint until spring.

my89foxbody and scotmo like this.
Rookie

I went crusin last weekend it was a littile cool but a nice ride here in south louisiana

GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I put mine away before Thanksgiving. The roads in southern New England suck even in good weather, so I had enough.

Pete
my89foxbody and scotmo like this.

2014 Shelby GT500:Delivered 4/3/13, Black/Black stripes/Black interior, SVT Track Package, SVT Performance Package, JLT Oil Seperator, FRPP Resonator Delete, Syntha Max blue air filter, Revan Racing shifter bushing, Michelin PSS tires, Lloyd GT500 mats, and yes the stock Shelby seats.
Rookie

Garage
Winter has come to MN. My Mustangs have been garaged since early Nov. I have my own two car garage for my Mustangs. Yes, my winter driver SUV sits outside. I have had to shovel & move snow a couple of times already. I did have my snowblower fully serviced this summer so I guess at least that is ready for what is coming at us. I go to my Mustang garage daily just to look at them. I have both of them up on jack stands to protect the tires from flat spots. What do you do regarding the tires? Do you put your car up on jack stands for the winter?
post #21 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbegley View Post
What do you do regarding the tires? Do you put your car up on jack stands for the winter?
no, they just sit there on the pavement.
5.0 Coyote likes this.
PONY Member

Garage
We've had one snow storm come through, but it has since melted. As long as its not too cold out I will drive my Mustang. I just installed Nitto N55R's, and they suck below 40 degrees. But my Mustang is on a battery tender all year around since she only gets driven irregularly, and even though she is garaged, my garage isn't insulated so it does get damned cold in there. However, my Mustang actually has a factory block heater installed as she originated from Wasilla, AK. Anybody else have this factory option?
scotmo likes this.
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Grimaldi View Post
The roads in southern New England suck even in good weather, so I had enough....
ain't that the truth -- my suspension is getting so clunky that I don't even like to drive the car any more, all new control arms going in over the winter

But I do have winter wheels and snow tires, might have to drive the 'stang a few times during the winter since my daughter will probably take our old Camry out to college at MCLA in North Adams . . . other than that it will rest comfortably in the garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by candersen View Post
.... my Mustang actually has a factory block heater installed as she originated from Wasilla, AK. Anybody else have this factory option?
nope, I didn't even know that was an option -- Alaska only maybe?
Pete Grimaldi and scotmo like this.

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
MACH I Member

Garage
Mine gets put up after the last race of the season, late Oct. It goes on the lift, wheels removed, Battery Tender hooked up, car cover and that's it. Do little tinkering during the winter..there's always something to do on it. Got some body work to do on the trunk and sides (holes), where the Roush spoiler used to be....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1996.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	612539  
scotmo likes this.

IF MY CAR WENT AS FAST AS THE MONEY I SPEND ON IT, I'D WIN EVERY RACE
PONY Member
2.3L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBert View Post
ain't that the truth -- my suspension is getting so clunky that I don't even like to drive the car any more, all new control arms going in over the winter

Here in Michigan, the roads get smoother to drive on, the more snow we get.
As for block heaters, My second hand 2018 GT was originally a Canadian production, and came with a block heater. The cord hasn't been installed and is still in the spare tire well.
crjackson2134 likes this.

2007 4.0 V6 Mustang, Victim of Black Ice
1989 2.3 Fastback, traded for:
2011 3.7 Pony Package, Traded for:
2018 GT 5.0 Premium
post #26 of 39 (permalink) Old 2 Days Ago Thread Starter
Apprentice

Garage
Brought mine back out for the season yesterday.
GLOBAL MODERATOR
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I see a shadow in the photo. Yours.

6 more weeks of winter is coming.

----------------------------
2012 Mustang GT, Roush 2300 Black
2006 Mustang V6 Manual Legend Lime Sold
2019 Charger Scat Pack White
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 060 GBNF
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 059 Sold
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Just had an oil change on Saturday, can't wait to take the snow tires and wheels off... April 2nd is the target date since the April fools storm in 1996 when we got 2 feet. I plan on doing a ceramic coating this spring
scotmo likes this.

2014 GT Premium, Track Pack, Barton shifter, Borla S-type exhaust, Resonator delete, 3.73 gears, Airaid C.A.I., 93 Race Tune, JLT Oil Separator
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotmo View Post
Brought mine back out for the season yesterday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEZ ST View Post
I see a shadow in the photo. Yours.

6 more weeks of winter is coming.
yep, I think scotmo just jinxed us by jumping the gun!
;-)
scotmo likes this.

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by my89foxbody View Post
Just had an oil change on Saturday, can't wait to take the snow tires and wheels off... April 2nd is the target date since the April fools storm in 1996 when we got 2 feet. I plan on doing a ceramic coating this spring
You are Forgetting the Mother's Day storm in 1977 https://www.wcvb.com/article/the-may...nders/8100161#
We had a foot of Snow in North Billerica and lost power for 3 days.
Since Scotmo has his Vert out you had better watch out for the stuff in May.
We had already been swimming in our unheated pool in April. I remember it so well since I knocked out my bottom teeth on Mother's Day that year

scotmo likes this.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/Siberexpress/Sterling/Stripes/af58edf0-2e2e-4ffe-a201-405b00a627bc_zpseb5ae052.jpg
2013 Performance Package V6
2013 F150 6.2L Boss
Yes it is a Boss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page