Ford Mustang Forum banner

Brightest H1 Bulbs

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Genesis89 
#1 ·
#3 ·
yeah probably the Sylvania high-end bulb which I think is called "SilverStar"

be aware that the brighter bulbs do not last as long as the basic ones because they burn brighter and hotter; the expected life is on the package

Reactions: az.dsrt
#4 ·
I have switched all my vehicles to LED bulbs, including the fog light bulbs on my 2013. They are far brighter than halogen bulbs, produce a whiter light and use less power. Just do your research as there are a lot of cheap ones out there. The ones I got are from Hikari and I got them on Amazon. Not cheap at $89 but well worth it, especially after one on my wifes 4Runner failed and they warranty replaced it even though it was a year old. That was 3 years ago and I haven't had any issues since. I won't ever run halogen bulbs again.

#5 ·
^ can you use the LED bulbs in the regular reflector housing, without blinding oncoming drivers; or do you need to change the reflectors to projector lenses like with HID's?

#6 ·
The Hikari bulbs I got will work in either a standard housing or a projector housing. The bulb is able to be rotated inside the bulb mount to provide the correct beam pattern for any particular housing. I didn't need to make any adjustments for projector bulbs, but did rotate 45 degrees in the reflector housing on my wife's high beams.

#7 ·
^ thanks for that info, I think I might give them a try

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.