Ford Mustang Forum banner

Shaker 500 Speaker Replacements

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Siber Express 
#1 ·
I have a 14 Mustang with the Shaker 500 sound system. I have already bought a set of Shelby-Kicker door subs to replace the 8" subs. My question is therefore on the full range speakers. I see a mix of either 6x8 or 5 1/4" door speakers. They say 5 1/4" is the stock size, but why do people say they've bought 6x8s for their 13s and 14s? I have a set of good Alpine 6x8 speakers, but I don't know if those will install in my car or not? Or will I have to use what they say is the stock size of 5 1/4" speakers? If I have to use 5 1/4", any recommendations that will run off the stock amp power? I was looking at a set of Alpine SS 50 speakers. I dont want to put a lot of money into this system, since I wont be keeping the car for too many more years. I'd like to use what I already have if possible.

#2 ·
braxus,

Look up speakers for your vehicle on Crutchfield - they will tell you expactly the sizes that fit and what doesn't fit. They also sell adapters to go from factory connector to the aftermarket speaker.

I still have my stock speakers, lol, but I checked out Crutchfield when I was considering upgrading the speakers and found that they have a rather awesome and informative site.

HTH,

Chris

#3 ·
my '09 had 6x8/5x7 up front door speakers I changed to 6.75 components still have 6x8 in rear deck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.