Brembo Brakes
Corbeau Seats
#14 RMR (Red Mustang Registry)
Power in the hands of a few
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
S197 Member

You will be happy with the Dark CandyApple Red. Looks great and hides dirt between washes.

I am going to be working through the numbers with my dealer in April to see if it makes sense to swap my 2008 GT for a new one. If that happens ,more then likely going with CandyApple again. Also considering the Kona Blue as well.

The compliments will be coming starting the day you put it in your driveway. Great color for an American Classic Muscle Car !

Congrates!!!

Blueblaze
2011 GT 5.0 Premium Coupe, Kona Blue, Interior Charcoal /Grabber Blue ,6 speed MT, Comfort Group, ,Brembo Brakes , 3.73 Gears, Security Package, Shaker1000, Polk Speakers, CDC Chin Spoiler, JLT Oil Separator, Custom Grille layout, HID, Brenspeed 93 Tune /Steeda CAI , GT500 SVT Axle Backs
A new Beast in disguise…..
Apprentice

YouTube - 2011 Mustang V8 Burnouts

Well looks like we have an official comparison.

These are two different mustang GT 5.0's doing burn outs. The first car is Race Red and the second car is Red Candy. You can even see the tip of the Red Candy mustang when the Race Red 5.0 is doing it's first burn. (11sec - 15sec).

This settles my fears that the Race Red was not the color I saw at the show because of some of the orangy red looking spy shots. I went with the Race Red and i'm glad i did.

GT/CS Race Red M/T

-Glass Roof
-Security package

Delivered 6/21, first day of summer

PONY Member

Man i'm in the wrong profession!I'm so jealous of these people!I want to be the one driving the 5.0 b-4 anyone else!Besides the fact that if you tear it up it's not yours!I wonder how much of the tires were left when they were done.Can't wait to hear the outrageous 0-60 & 1/4 mile times to be announced tomorrow!:smoke:

[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]GT Premium Manual-Kona Blue[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=navy]401A Int.-Char/Blk/W/Cashmere[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=navy]Security Pkg.-3.73 Ltd Slip [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=navy]Access Pkg #4 Hood Scoop N Ped Spoiler[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
Rookie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsewhipped View Post
You can't go wrong with Black. And with the black lower lip around the 2010 & 11, which I'm not a big fan of - black bumper looks like one whole unit. Just found a wax for black- called Jax Wax. I've tried it a few times on my Black 06 and it looks like black glass. And I drive my 06 in the Winter in Ohio. Made specifically to eliminate swirls- especially in black.
I just ordered my 2011 yesterday in black. I'm glad you posted about the Jax Wax bc I live over by South Vienna so I have to deal with Ohio winters too. Thanks for the tip!
Apprentice

Black, red candy looks like pink sometimes...
PONY Member

Send a message via AIM to BK2BLKGT Send a message via Yahoo to BK2BLKGT
hmm

is the Ingot Silver Metallic with black stripes available with the SVT package on a gt500? I tried with the "build your own" but to no avail..is this something id talk to the dealer about or is it just not available with the SVT package?

thanks

Barton w/Bracket-Koni Sports w/Steeda Sport springs - Steeda HD mounts - BMR adj PH bar-Whiteline adj LCA's w/brackets - Whiteline front/rear adj sway bars - DSS Carbon driveshaft - Whipple 2.9L w/ JLT Super Big air - JBA Ceramic long tubes w/ O/R x pipe-Magnaflow Competition Catback - RTR's with Conti Extreme Contact DW's 275/40 19 front & Nitto 305 rear - Lund Tuned
PONY Member

See my avatar.....Kona Blue! But in your case....red.

Larry - SGM (Ret) US Army

2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible
Kona Blue, Stone Leather, Stone Top
6 Speed Auto, 2.73, Comfort Pkg, etc
Apprentice
4.6L Member

BLACK BABY!!!

Love it!!

1998 GT Mustang
Trick Flow throttle body
Flowmaster Exhaust (American Thunder)
rest is stock for now..
Rookie

The gray would be hot, and in my opinion different. As you have probably already seen there are a lot of black 2011's already out there. And if it means anything to you to be different from the rest, I'd go with the gray. Plus I think about the customizations that would go well with it. Dark or black colored rims, carbon fiber colored taillights..the list goes on!

2011 Mustang GT/CS Red Candy
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleshmcfilth123 View Post
RACE RED!!! red candy is nice too
That's the thing, I thought candy was very nice then I heard someone say it's too dark, but then race seems too bright... so difficult

2011 GT Kona Blue - Saddle 400a, 6MT, 3.55, Electronic, Brembo, Glass Roof, HID, Security, Comfort, RearVC, GT500 Mufflers, Procal tuner, Vorshlag brake lines, Boss/CS Fascia, Brake cooling ducts
Apprentice

I've seen the Candy Red 2010 and I think it looks pretty good. It's shade really seems to react differently depending on the lighting and angle, pictures of it don't really represent it well (due to the clear coat?).
PONY Member
S197 Member

Rookie

Black!

Pain in the butt to keep clean, but the sexiest color to own! lol
PONY Member

My Sterling Gray is on the way!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Enjoy your Red Candy!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page