2011 Mustang + question about V6 - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Airman View Post
People will always bust balls.

Most people love the grabber blue I have, but a lot of young guys, mainly teens and early 20's think it's a chicks color.

I don't care, I dig it. I love it. I didn't but the car to impress other people. Love your V6 Mustang...It's still a pony car!
Grabber blue is the ****.
1 of 3 colors I'm considering a 2011 GT in
The other being black
and the 3rd being an 08 vette....lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

without people buying v6 mustangs there wouldnt be anymoer mustangs

i.imgur.com/hlhwCJZ.jpg
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Sure wouldn't worry about it. Cheaper inital cost, lower insurance, cheaper to run. Ask them GT owners who knock the V-6 why they didn't get a GT-500!
Dave
Ha Ha. This is a good point. But the GT-500 and the GT are both V8's. I am by no means knocking the V6's, a lot of my friends have them. I think the biggest area of concern as far as the V6 vs GT debate is the rumble of the engine. This is something that you just can't duplicate... I just love sports cars. V6's and V8's. Won't ever buy a V6 though...

Reggie P.

Banned
V6 Member

Send a message via AIM to 05horse Send a message via MSN to 05horse Send a message via Yahoo to 05horse
ford said it their self, right now, v6 is holding better value than GT

what bout those guys buy the shelby GT for 9K more, for 20 HP and a few badges lol
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjporchia View Post
Ha Ha. This is a good point. But the GT-500 and the GT are both V8's. I am by no means knocking the V6's, a lot of my friends have them. I think the biggest area of concern as far as the V6 vs GT debate is the rumble of the engine. This is something that you just can't duplicate... I just love sports cars. V6's and V8's. Won't ever buy a V6 though...
l agree about the V8 sound there's nothing like it. l guess l'm old school, you think muscle car you defiantly think V8. l tried to talk my Son into getting a V6 for the cheaper insurance and cheaper sticker price better mpg but he wouldn't have it he was buying a V8. He also agrees there's nothing like the sound of a V8. That said l still think ALL Mustangs are cool!
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
people will still get ragged on no matter what. They have 2 less cylinders.

But then again, i get ragged on by my 4 banger friends because i get worse MPG. You'll never win. If they rag on you, run them over

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
If they rag on you, run them over
Have you ever thought of anger management?

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Seen a lot of ranting on a lot of sites lately! Cabin fever or is it the new moon coming up on Sunday for the reason? I've seen what them "poor" little six banger can do on the strip and they can hand a lot of the big boys their butt in a bucket.
Dave

2015 Stage 3 Roush
'66' Ranchero w/almost done 302 T-5 swap
2000 4x4 Ranger
2003 4x2 Ranger
'69' Fairlane Cobra, 428 4-speed waiting for work
PONY Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Seen a lot of ranting on a lot of sites lately! Cabin fever or is it the new moon coming up on Sunday for the reason? I've seen what them "poor" little six banger can do on the strip and they can hand a lot of the big boys their butt in a bucket.
Dave
yes i find it funny when people bust on sixes when its the best that most ricers can put out. a six is a six and 306hp is 306hp, idk about you but i wish my sixer got 30mpg and had 306 hp. def a great value and sure to be more than a blast to drive. not to mention nxt years six gets dual pipes, should help the sound. v6ers have more of a purrr while v8s have more of a roar....i personally enjoy both very much. ya the v8 will always be faster but considering that put a 2011v6 vrs a 2009 v8 and the 11' will probably win, im not seeing much of an issue, and if someone bashes you as quoted above take em to the track and see what happens when theyre blown outof the water

The only thing college is teaching me is how to be good at being broke

In vino veritas

1969 Mach 1 (Red) sold
2003 V6 (black) Rammed by an Oddesy RIP
2006 gt (red) sold
2014 V6 (grey)
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcfrisch View Post
Have you ever thought of anger management?
LOL - Don't make HotShot angry. You wouldn't like him when he's angry...

2007 GT, 5 speed, Paxton 2200
Apprentice
V6 Member

Next time someone makes that comment to you, just tell them that the GT wouldn't exist without the v6. When they give you that confused look you can explain to them that the majority of the Mustangs sold are v6s and those sales are what makes it possible for Ford to continue making Mustangs.

Les Bateman, 2006 V6, Pony Package ; Eibach springs, dual cat-back exhaust, shorty headers, shaker hood, blackout hood and pinstripe, Agent47 mirrors, rear window louvers, custom-built center caps, chromed shelby wheels, blackout gas filler door, sequential turn signals, chrome trim rear lights, center console pad and arm rest pads, Bama performance tunes, ....and more on the way!
Apprentice

That's not quite true... '11 orders came in at 11,000 with a dead even split between V6 and V8.

GT/CS Race Red M/T

-Glass Roof
-Security package

Delivered 6/21, first day of summer
Apprentice

I already feel the compulstion to justify the V6 purchase, especially to non-car guys:

"I'm gettting a new 2011 Mustang"

"Cool! Getting the GT?"

"Errr - no. Getting the V6. But its a new engine that makes 305 HP, almost as much as the old GT! And it has bigger brakes! etc."

(Blank expression, then they walk away)

I have a feeling I will be doing that for years to come
Apprentice

I've already had to justify the exact opposite.

"I'm getting the new 2011 Mustang"

"How much did it cost you"

"41k after taxes"

"Why the hell would you pay over 40k for a mustang?"

"This isn't like the old GT's, It's got 412hp, It's the California Special with an all glass roof"

"Yeah w/e I know like 10 people who have a mustang"

*ANGER*

Trust me there's no choice that'll sound like a great idea to everyone. Screw them make yourself happy. V6 is going to be a mighty fine vehicle that you wouldn't feel the need to get a DD to go with it like I do.

GT/CS Race Red M/T

-Glass Roof
-Security package

Delivered 6/21, first day of summer
PONY Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

preorders are usualy where companies sell the majority of gt like vehicles are sold. after they come out youll see the v6 sales fly off the chart. and when ppl are like whyd u buy a v6 mustang just say come to the track and see

The only thing college is teaching me is how to be good at being broke

In vino veritas

1969 Mach 1 (Red) sold
2003 V6 (black) Rammed by an Oddesy RIP
2006 gt (red) sold
2014 V6 (grey)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page