just ordered a 2011 Mustang but have question about garage door opener - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010 Thread Starter

Unhappy just ordered a 2011 Mustang but have question about garage door opener

Hello: I recently joined this site, and I own a 2007 Mustang GT.
I just ordered a 2011 GT Premium, and wondered if anyone here
knows if the garage door opener is standard on this model.
The fleet salesman didn't have the info. Can anyone help with the standard equiptment on this model? Also is there any info. on the performance of the new 5.0 ?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Welcome to AFM

2005 Performance White GT
Exterior: SHR Honeycomb Panel, Blacked Out Tail Lights, Blacked Out Third Brake Light, 8" shorty antenna, Inner Smoked Turn Signals, Black Stripes, Black GT Rear Decklid Emblem, GT500 Spoiler, CDC Chin Spoiler, Bullitt Grille, Sequentials
Interior: RVinyl Aluminum Dash Kit, Running Pony Emblem on Arm Rest, Torch Red Door Sill Inserts and Accent Bars, Red Dome Lights, Kenwood DDX616 Headunit, Kicker L7 Sub, Kenwood 1000 Watt Amp
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010
PONY Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

welcome to afm im not sure about the garage door opener, but as far as the 5.0 is concerend its got 412 hp and 390lb/ft of torque. in addition its supposed to get a more potent tracpac on the premium bring steering up to race car standards. basically a good camaro slaughtering machine. if u need to try looking up the garage opener option on the 2010 model on the ford website as it probably carries over
-hope this helps

The only thing college is teaching me is how to be good at being broke

In vino veritas

1969 Mach 1 (Red) sold
2003 V6 (black) Rammed by an Oddesy RIP
2006 gt (red) sold
2014 V6 (grey)

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010
Apprentice

From what i saw on the 2010 specs the universal garage opener is standard. I don't think they would have taken it out.

GT/CS Race Red M/T

-Glass Roof
-Security package

Delivered 6/21, first day of summer
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010 Thread Starter

Thanks for the quick reply. The opener was not available on the 2010 GT.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010
Apprentice

Oh right, I knew I saw it somewhere though and I found it.

"Though the 5.0-liter V-8 is the big news for the Mustang GT, the car receives some other changes for the 2011 model year, including an electric power-steering system, a new rear lower control arm and revised spring rates and dampers. The GT will also offer a Brembo brake package that features large brake discs and calipers lifted from the Shelby GT500, 19-inch alloy wheels and summer tires. On the inside, the Mustang GT gets illuminated vanity mirrors, a universal garage door opener and a message center."

cars.com

GT/CS Race Red M/T

-Glass Roof
-Security package

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010
PONY Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

message center!!!!! what i can get my email whilst driving down 95 :P im not quite sure if thats safe but quite convienent. i wonder if i sell my two ponies if id have enough for like half a gt/cs hmmmmm

The only thing college is teaching me is how to be good at being broke

In vino veritas

1969 Mach 1 (Red) sold
2003 V6 (black) Rammed by an Oddesy RIP
2006 gt (red) sold
2014 V6 (grey)
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010
PONY Member
S197 Member

Hi

A built in garage door opener is one of those unnecessary things that after a while you realize is more of a hassle than a convenience. My wife's Suv came with one of those and it was a real pain when I was doing something in the garage and I had to leave her truck outside. I ended up deleting the code off of it and just buying a regular opener for the fear of leaving her truck outside. If you don't get my point yet, if you leave the car outside anyone come brake your car window, open your garage and in our case be inside the house. Just a thought.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010
Apprentice

Quote:
if you leave the car outside anyone come brake your car window, open your garage and in our case be inside the house. Just a thought.
I see your point, but if you're worried about that just get the security package. Active security has motion sensors so even if they don't break your window and set off the shock alarm they'll be lighting up the neighborhood. Should be enough to deter someone from going into a house while a car alarm is going off right outside.

If someone's willing to smash you car window to get into your garage they're more likely just to bust your house window or just use a sawzaw and make their own door.

I've actually been thinking about a way to mod my security setup to dial my cell if the alarm is triggered. People these days may ignore a car alarm in a parking lot but i sure as hell will be sprinting out of the store with the largest object not bolted down.

GT/CS Race Red M/T

-Glass Roof
-Security package

PONY Member
S197 Member

[quote=HokieCodeMonkey;1944695]I see your point, but if you're worried about that just get the security package. Active security has motion sensors so even if they don't break your window and set off the shock alarm they'll be lighting up the neighborhood. Should be enough to deter someone from going into a house while a car alarm is going off right outside.
quote]

Hey, that was just a thought to keep in mind. Of course if you have a good alarm the window cannot just be smashed without someone noticing, but at least in our case, here in Florida our garage is our front door. We live in a good neighborhood, but I rather take the opener with me when I go inside. I can't even think of the many times that we have forgotten to lock the car overnight and anyone could have just gotten in the house.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieCodeMonkey View Post
Oh right, I knew I saw it somewhere though and I found it.

"Though the 5.0-liter V-8 is the big news for the Mustang GT, the car receives some other changes for the 2011 model year, including an electric power-steering system, a new rear lower control arm and revised spring rates and dampers. The GT will also offer a Brembo brake package that features large brake discs and calipers lifted from the Shelby GT500, 19-inch alloy wheels and summer tires. On the inside, the Mustang GT gets illuminated vanity mirrors, a universal garage door opener and a message center."

cars.com
The Ford media guide that quote came from has been revised. The new version has deleted the universal garage door opener , lighted visor mirror, and visor storage. A factory rep at the Houston Auto Show verified that info, no garage door opener. The original said 6 added convience items: standard message center, integerated blind spot mirrors, MyKey programable vehicle key. illuminated visors, universal garage door opener, and sun visor storage. the new version eliminates the last 3.
Apprentice

Thanks for the update unfinished91, shame it got left out but i don't have a garage door at the moment so it's not a negative factor for me. Any word on a car cover though? I'm assuming I could just get one made for '10 stang. Without a garage i want some level of protection from the elements, but i always fear a car cover tempts thieves.

GT/CS Race Red M/T

-Glass Roof
-Security package

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieCodeMonkey View Post
i always fear a car cover tempts thieves.
Think you may be correct there. Just like parking in the back of the lot or taking up two spaces with a nice new car tempts people to key your door.
PONY Member
S197 Member

Surprised that the garage door opener is not available!

Too many car's, not enough time.
Apprentice

My owner's manual tells how to operate Homelink and the illuminated visors...IF EQUIPPED.

Apparently no cars are equipped with them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page