Ford Mustang Forum

Ford Mustang Forum (/forums/)
-   2011-2014 Mustang Talk (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-2014-mustang-talk/)
-   -   Push button start (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-2014-mustang-talk/222603-push-button-start.html)

Animal's 3rd 03-03-2010 02:30 AM

Push button start
 
I know it's just trivial, but when do you guys think the new mustang will get a push button start option?

LastOwnedA77 03-03-2010 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Animal's 3rd (Post 1952480)
I know it's just trivial, but when do you guys think the new mustang will get a push button start option?

Maybe never, or a long time from now, since that seems to go against the "Retro" theme. I'm just guessing of course. Would have been nice to have for the 2011s with the new engines!

Animal's 3rd 03-03-2010 01:01 PM

I think it's retro since my dad's '41 Ford Pickup has push button start, why not the mustang?

mystichrome 03-03-2010 09:17 PM

I'm guessing they're probably saving it for the next-gen Mustang.

Dave 03-03-2010 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Animal's 3rd (Post 1952937)
I think it's retro since my dad's '41 Ford Pickup has push button start, why not the mustang?

And that PU might have had only one vacume wiper and a crank out windshield with a lot other things that got improved. Never had understood why a push-button starter in today's age. Are they just that "cool"?
Dave

Supes2011GT 03-04-2010 01:11 AM

well they got that new tech for the key in that if u let jr borrow the car for a certain speed or loud stereo wtf its a stang we dont want that option.

dspra17 03-04-2010 12:32 PM

the new focus will have the push start option, so I would expect to see it in 2012?

Mustangdewd3.8 03-05-2010 12:33 AM

I've seen some kits that install a pushstart button in the center dash's electric outlet. Not a bad deal considering the other in the console.

kruzzzn 03-07-2010 11:03 AM

Push button would be pretty cool.Hope they don't go too retro.Used to have a crank to start engine.

72Grabber 03-09-2010 09:17 PM

As long as it's still easy to instantly shut the motor off in an emergency.

gabemarlin 03-10-2010 07:11 AM

I think what he's talking about is a keyless push button start, the kind where you just carry the key fob in your pocket and can start your car with the button as long as the key fob is in the interior or trunk. The Challenger has one, and it's pretty sweet. I assume they will put one in soon, because the new Taurus and Fiesta have it already.

panthercity 03-14-2010 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 1953896)
And that PU might have had only one vacume wiper and a crank out windshield with a lot other things that got improved. Never had understood why a push-button starter in today's age. Are they just that "cool"?
Dave

:bigthumbsup Yep!

exospawn 03-15-2010 05:09 PM

My wife has Push Button on her Altima, and it is a cool feature. just not having to get keys out, and being able to lock and unlock the doors/trunk without having to dig keys out of my pocket, handy when my hands are full.

Valet parking is nice as well, as the car will remain running even after the person with the FOB gets out. So you don't leave your keys with the valet.

Animal's 3rd 03-15-2010 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exospawn (Post 1970627)
My wife has Push Button on her Altima, and it is a cool feature. just not having to get keys out, and being able to lock and unlock the doors/trunk without having to dig keys out of my pocket, handy when my hands are full.

Valet parking is nice as well, as the car will remain running even after the person with the FOB gets out. So you don't leave your keys with the valet.

Question is, how are they supposed to bring you your car back if they don't even have the FOB? Or do you leave it hidden?

[email protected] 03-15-2010 06:51 PM

I think Ford should at least offer it as option. Like others said the Challenger has it and so do a lot of other cars these days.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
vB.Sponsors
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2002-2015 All Ford Enthusiasts Network ™.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome