2011 mustang GT ordering/delivery date question - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie
S197 Member

ordered new 2011 mustang gt

talk about a wait!!ordered my 2011 mustang gt (base model) stick with 3.73 gears(red candy)on 2/2/2010.......finally called ford cust svs. with my vin number and their reply was..CAR HAS BEEN PRODUCED/ETA 5/24/2010!!!!let you know how it is when it comes in.it took ford almost 12 weeks to produce the car.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie
Classic Member

HP-GUY,
FYI - Production of the 2011's actually started on the Ides of March, 3/15/2010.

I put my order in on 4/15. Build date is 6/11, so almost 2 months from order to build. Delivery should be 1-2 weeks, depending on rail & truck scheduling from MI to MA.

Let us know when you take delivery, and PICTURES PLEASE!

-RadioRich

-RadioRich
2011 GT-Premium, 6M, Performance White, Black Interior
Glass Roof, Comfort Group, Security Group, 19" 64V Wheels
Rookie

Ordered 5/3; had my VIN by 5/12. Confirmed with sales rep and 800 number i have build date of 5/31 and eta of 6/5.

Rookie
S197 Member

just an update....2011 mustang gt ..3.73 gears..cloth interior-6 speed stick......e/t/a/ 5/24.. 5/24 has now passed.the usual b/s..no one dealer or ford has any idea when the car will arrive..YOU KNOW IT WON'T BE HERE FOR MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND!!!...APPROACHING 4 MONTHS SINCE ORDER WAS SUBMITTED......some additional background-4/30 informed e/t a 5/10....then 5/15....then 5/24....the last cust svs rep said 5/31 then when i called the next day it was back to 5/24 where it remains now.......REAL BUNCH OF ????.........car is getting to be more agrevation than it's worth.if and when it arrives i will be writing a detailed letter to ford about this MISERABLE ORDEAL
post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

I am with you I am getting sick of waiting for a VIN to show up even let alone be built

I would be a little more ok with it if Ford released info as to why or something of the sort

2011 Mustang GT Premium
Rapid Spec 401A, Kona Blue, Brembo Package, 3.73 Rear Axle, Electronics package, GT Coupe pckg 5
Rookie

mustang

ordered 1/20/10 build date first week of May, ETA this sunday.....but not happening...hasn't been shipped yet...lol....hopefully mine will come middle June early July wait is almost over....yet so far away....:laughlitt

2011 GT/CS (black) 3.73, Hid, Security, comfort...
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Man I had no idea things would happen like this.Theres no consistency with these orders.I ordered on 4/17 and got a build date of 5/10.My car was built 5/14 and my new ETA is 6/2 with the previous one being 5/23.

I talked to my dealer the other day and he said he was waiting on a railhead number.It seems that once he has this number he can tell me where my car is and give me a more accurate ETA.I'm hanging in there but It's hard with 2011's showing up left and right at other California dealers.

2011 Performance white base GT 6MT 3.73 gears(sold)
PONY Member

I ordered 1 April (I know!!!), car built 20 May, eta is 30 May. The eta was moved from 12 Jun but it probably should have stayed! LOL! Come on Mustang!

Larry - SGM (Ret) US Army

2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible
Kona Blue, Stone Leather, Stone Top
6 Speed Auto, 2.73, Comfort Pkg, etc
post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

man alive it seems like they are just picking these things out of a box like the lottery balls when it comes to orders.
I mean I know mine has a lo of options but come on i see other cars with the same options being built....

2011 Mustang GT Premium
Rapid Spec 401A, Kona Blue, Brembo Package, 3.73 Rear Axle, Electronics package, GT Coupe pckg 5
Apprentice

whats going on my car was ordered 2/9 build date 4/19 had about 4 eta they tell me 3 days ago 2 to 3 weeks man you want to talk about a let down ordered early because i was thinking i would have mine early the hype has gone with me emailed ford but all they told me was call c/s and they will update me they alrerady lied once to me the only guy you can trust is jonnyb
post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

yea i would get johnnyb to help but i dont even have a vin yet :-/

2011 Mustang GT Premium
PONY Member
S197 Member

I just don't understand all that I know about this. some of the guys that ordered very early are still waiting. I ordered 4/27 got the vin 5/17 and my window sticker showed up today and showed a build date for 6/3 five days earlier than jonnyb found out last week. while I'm tickled to death I feel the waiting guys pain and anger. ford must be trying to cover up some problem on the first-built cars that has been corrected on the ones built after a certain date or maybe their is some invisible alien force field preventing cars from leaving ramp 51......think about it ramp 51.......or... AREA 51!!

Grabber Blue 2011 GT Premium: 6spd MT, 3.73's, Brembo pkg., accessory pkg. 5, OTT Black Stripe
Steeda CAI, Magnaflow 3" competetion series exhaust, Magnaflow Tru-X pipe, BBR 93 oct tune, BBR LCA's, Barton Industries Shifter & Bracket
post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

One thing is for sure, if this car didnt blow away ALL of the competition I would be canceling and buying an RX8 or 370Z or Camaro.

2011 Mustang GT Premium
post #29 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

sigh... still no VIN number
Suposedly Customer service is looking into it. The lady gave me the stereotypical answer of well the 5.0's are on hold.... I asked her what in the world does all ready built cars being held for QC have anything to do with my car not even having a VIN assigned yet. To which she replied.... "Um well we are still looking into that I will call you back again in a week"

I just told her I dont care right now about how long its gonna take to be built I jsut want the VIN so I know everything is ok with the car order and that it is definately on the books

Had Ford not built such an amazing car with this new 5.0 I would never be waiting this long for a car. I know I have not nearly been waiting as long as some but yea.
I am no "Fan-Boy" of any car company, I go with the nicest car I can find that I like at the time and that fits me best and right now Ford has built a machine that really can not be beaten by anything in its price range and even many cars more expensive than it

But this will only go on for so long for me before its back to another Audi TT Quattro Roadster.

2011 Mustang GT Premium
Apprentice

Ordered 5-18-10 and got lucky Ford picked up the order that day. Within five days I had a VIN number and by May 28 I had a build date of 6-06-10 with anticipated delivery of June 22, 2010. I have been able to view the window sticker since June 1, 2010.

My build day moved to 6-9-10 which makes sense as the 6th was a Sunday and likely the build week. My ETA is now June 30, 2010.

I have asked my dealer for an update now that my car has supposedly been built. Hopefully it will be here by months end.

Greg

2011 Mustang GT Premium Coupe 6-Speed Manual
Performance White/Charcoal with 401A and Grabber Blue Stripe
HID's, Security Package, 3.55, Brembos
Ordered 5-18, VIN 5-25, Window Sticker 6-02, Spawned 06-09-10, Delivered 07-03-10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page